Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old March 20th, 2022, 10:04 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Ozuul (Eldrazi Ruiner) - Playtesting

Playtest here.

Quote:
Ozuul is pretty swingy, but 6 Move feels necessary to give him the potential he finally lived up to at the end of the game, whereas he could much more easily have been avoided and shot down with only 5.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 9th, 2022, 12:17 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the test! I was surprised to see that he still did so well despite missing many attacks. 8L/4D and 6 move go a long way.

I think that we're pretty much all in agreement about the bump from 5 to 6 move feeling better for the design, so I'm comfortable with adding that change to the OP. I also think that it should be accompanied by about a 20 point increase, so he's roughly 210. Thoughts?
Old April 10th, 2022, 08:52 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I agree. With 6M he's always been at least 200 in my mind. Where exactly he lands 200-210, I don't know.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 10th, 2022, 11:36 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Somewhere between 200-210 seems right to me. Bear in mind that even before at 190 with 5M, you could always just draft Eldgrim for 30 pts, so I'd lean toward a 10-15 pt increase.
Old April 11th, 2022, 06:52 PM

Well, you have to draft Eldgrim and he has to die. Although now I'm finding the image of Ozuul dragging Eldgrim around for the inevitable speed boost amusing.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 23rd, 2022, 02:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I didn't keep close notes but I did get a game in with Ozuul. He wrecked a handful of Greenscales and Arrow Gruts and also killed Mimring, so in the right ballpark for his point value. He rolled below average on his first few defense rolls, racking up 4 wounds pretty quickly. He also whiffed on a vortex attack that might have helped him. I did play him pretty aggressively, taking leaving engagement attacks several times in order to land bigger vortex SAs.

I really liked the feel of him. I will try to playtest him some more when I can soon.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 8th, 2022, 08:11 AM

Notes from a quick playtest after last month's local event: Ozuul was good with 6 Move to be able to rush opponent's side, but suffered from an otherwise relatively large map and low figure count game. The potential is there, but he's not going to wow 1v1 other Heroes. Not sure exactly how much damage he ended up doing.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Did we discuss a relative level restriction for gravity pull? If so, why did we discard it? It seems odd that he only works 2 spaces away, but can pull someone that is 40 levels above him.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 8th, 2022, 12:02 PM

I'm not finding that we really discussed it directly. Though I prefer to leave it out for simplicity. He's Huge 10 which means it would make sense to pull figures like 12+ levels above his base, and 99% of the time that's going to be the same as unrestricted.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2022, 01:41 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I also would rather leave out a level restriction for simplicity.

Plus, Ozuul pulling down figures from the top of a 2-story castle to cause falling damage feels cool.
Old October 8th, 2022, 02:00 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Notes from a quick playtest after last month's local event: Ozuul was good with 6 Move to be able to rush opponent's side, but suffered from an otherwise relatively large map and low figure count game. The potential is there, but he's not going to wow 1v1 other Heroes. Not sure exactly how much damage he ended up doing.
He did like 3 wounds, I don't remember to whom. He was extremely disappointing but he's probably only good against squad swarms which was definitely not the format we were playing. 6M + Road is super powerful though and gives him lots of potential.
Old October 8th, 2022, 02:13 PM

Ozuul also scales extremely well with the player count. @Captain Stupendous and I saw him have a huge kill count in a 3 player game before.

Ideally, I'd like to see Ozuul in a few more multiplayer games like that. He's probably going to underwhelm a bit in 1v1, but he has a very high ceiling in teams or battle royales.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs