Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 22nd, 2022, 10:53 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Need Help with a 4 Player Scenario

Hey all,
I'm planning a 4 player scenario for this weekend. The players are going to be myself (moderate home game experience), my brother & good friend (both minimal experience - bro has played a lot but we didn't even use OMs as kids, so I don't think it counts as much), and my girlfriend (zero experience, but intelligent and interested in strategy/general nerdy things). I'm planning to do 2 teams and build probably 8-10 moderately competitive armies of 400-500 points and let people pick.

My one concern is just that both players on one team "gang up" on one player from the other team in order to eliminate their OM activations and it ruins the game for that player. First thought was to just make it where this doesn't happen - when one players units are eliminated they get to put their OMs on their ally's figures, so there are 6 turns per team each round. Has anyone else experimented with how to make 4 player scenarios work? Do they need to be modified?

Second question is simply: Is there anything I need to keep in mind when building armies? I'm basically just picking some moderately competitive armies in the B+ to A range from various threads on the meta, but I know the meta is based on 2 player. Having never played a tournament level I'm not sure what adjustments I need to consider for 4 player. Thanks in advance!
Old February 22nd, 2022, 12:25 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Need Help with a 4 Player Scenario

Keep the armies somewhat simple but varied for aesthetics.
Probably best to work with Romans/Gruts/Marro/Samurai armies. Make sure there is only one squad of ranged each and the same amount (1 or 2) of bonding for each army. Melee is less complex than range and you want nothing truly complex for the first couple of games. Let them chose and you take the army no one wanted.

With teams we always combined OM's - the players would put there markers across both armies with discussion during placement, then no discussion allowed about strategy once the first order marker began until marker placement. That way players are never knocked out unless a team is. Initiative would still be rolled by all players to see which marker goes first and which goes last as movement and attack is based on a commanders orders not a combined army order.

I would consider a free for all in game 1 (and expect yourself to be knocked out first as the other three lesser experienced will gang up on you) and help them out as you go (possibly towards knocking you out so you can help them easier). I'd also set up 8 armies. Romans/Gruts/Marro/Samurai at 260 to 320 for game 1 and then use additional figures for each of those 4 armies bring it up to the 400-500 mark for game 2. That allows game 1 to be quick and the first couple of players out don't wait long to get back to battle.

Then team battle together in game 2 with you and the weakest player taking on the others.

Then open up your collection of figures, range and bonding. Or keep the armies and switch them up between players.

However you decide, let us know how it goes.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; February 22nd, 2022 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Loving the game without a decent win record...but now you know why. That's my excuse anyway.
Old February 22nd, 2022, 01:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Need Help with a 4 Player Scenario

If I’m being honest, it seems that you have good and sensible solutions in place with your above post. I’d just roll with that. The whole combining order markers when one is knocked out it’s the bad at all. Cause that is exactly the best strategy in 2v2 games where you eliminate one players order markers. That circumvents it in a way and keeps all players playing until the game ends.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios