Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old January 13th, 2022, 05:45 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Engineers of Valhalla Brainstorming Thread

So here is what I am thinking for a terrain idea call the Monolith. I think that permanent glyphs can sway a game too much, and some glyphs are just unplayable (+4 range, for example). the Monolith will be assigned a glyph at the beginning of the game, and anyone in the six hexes surrounding the glyph get that power. That way it makes the monolith a focus point without passing a power to the entire army. Opposing forces can both have the power if they are both adjacent. It could be revealed before the game starts, like in tournaments, or only upon stepping into the aura. You could transport a whole squad at the end of a round!

The second thought I had is that you could make the monolith destructible. Not sure that anyone would want to take the time to destroy it, but it could take it out of the game. I have not explored that yet.

thoughts are this terrain addition?

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 13th, 2022, 06:06 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My second addition for the the day is bamboo. bamboo has two qualities. If a person is adjacent to it and is being targeted from a nonadjacent figure, all small, medium and large figures get +1 defense if the line of site passes through the bamboo (so different than jungle). Also, small and medium figures can pass through (but not stop in) a bamboo tile. Large or Huge must go around. These types are cheap and easy to make.

Thoughts!

Old January 14th, 2022, 12:06 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Definitely think that the monolith should be destructible, that's in many games is a great theme to pursue. I like the idea of it being "imprinted" with a glyph essentially. I'm curious as how how some of it works though... say like Lodin, no matter how many figures I get in the aura I'm still getting just the flat +1 or am I making lodin better by putting more figures in the aura?

I think it'd be helpful to either do a breakdown and show all the glyph interactions that can be used with the monolith or even just make 3-4 basic modes for the monolith.

The Bamboo is a great idea, it looks awesome on the board and it makes LOS matter which is brilliant. We NEED more stuff that references this. Heroscape is an incredibly simple game and this rule implements some psuedo cover that the game sorely needs to make a player care about how they turn their figures so they get the bonus. Great additions, would love to see some testing.

If we could get some OHS or TTS assets we could set right on it and get something rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
What do you guys think?
Old January 15th, 2022, 01:21 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the bamboo a lot - where’s it from? I think I can make it hit my board soon.
Old January 15th, 2022, 06:41 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
My second addition for the the day is bamboo. bamboo has two qualities. If a person is adjacent to it and is being targeted from a nonadjacent figure, all small, medium and large figures get +1 defense if the line of site passes through the bamboo (so different than jungle). Also, small and medium figures can pass through (but not stop in) a bamboo tile. Large or Huge must go around. These types are cheap and easy to make.

Thoughts!

I like this idea of making the bamboo “area terrain”. In a matter of speaking, it’s even more thematic than the official jungle trees. I like how you are incorporating the extra defense. Very cool. Get those ideas out and have fun guys. Life’s too short to tie things up in red tape.
Old January 15th, 2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts!

I like this idea of making the bamboo “area terrain”. In a matter of speaking, it’s even more thematic than the official jungle trees. I like how you are incorporating the extra defense. Very cool. Get those ideas out and have fun guys. Life’s too short to tie things up in red tape.
I plan on playtesting it this weekend!

Old January 15th, 2022, 10:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts!

I plan on playtesting it this weekend!
If I’m being honest, this terrain could really only break a map with similar ideas/ placements as the official jungle brush. As long as the large and huge figures have a decent way to pass around it then they could still move around decently. The only shenanigans I can see is having areas closed off by it, or having it so thick that smaller figures could literally run back and forth through it while trying to be engaged by a large melee figure.( think chasing someone around a kitchen table round and round or back and forth). I know the bamboo can be purchased but it may be a good idea to get out a single base with hole inserts put together for 3D printing so folks don’t have to use up all their single hex bases. Where did you pick up the bamboo again. Could I get a link? It would make great cover terrain for my gridless scape and other wargames. I intend to put my gridless stuff back on here once the pdf is updated and formatted. I’m also going to get my other threads back up with updated things including a personal terrain thread with 3D file links, and downloadable print files for the cards. It’s been in the works for awhile with low priority status.
Old January 16th, 2022, 10:43 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

You'd think that Large and Huge would have an easier time moving through bamboo, since they could literally smash the bamboo by just falling over onto it.

Neat ideas regardless. I like that the Bamboo doesn't really block line of sight. (maybe a Zombie head could be hidden, but not much else.)
Old January 16th, 2022, 11:45 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
You'd think that Large and Huge would have an easier time moving through bamboo, since they could literally smash the bamboo by just falling over onto it.

Neat ideas regardless. I like that the Bamboo doesn't really block line of sight. (maybe a Zombie head could be hidden, but not much else.)
Agreed here on theme. I take it that his idea is that the smaller characters are slipping through. It may be a theme fail for big figures to not go through but possibly make them use one extra movement space to get through or something. At that point it still doesn’t overcomplicate things. You could still let them have the cover as well with how it works.
Old January 17th, 2022, 08:42 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed here on theme. I take it that his idea is that the smaller characters are slipping through. It may be a theme fail for big figures to not go through but possibly make them use one extra movement space to get through or something. At that point it still doesn’t overcomplicate things. You could still let them have the cover as well with how it works.
Agreed.

Still offers quite a benefit for smaller figures, especially against double-space figures.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 17th, 2022, 10:22 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed.

Still offers quite a benefit for smaller figures, especially against double-space figures.
I really like the idea here. @Muskie , how big in diameter in mm are the bamboo stalks and how many do you recommend placing in each tile? I haven’t been on my laptop 3D modeling too much lately but making a single hex tile with inserts for the bamboo shoots seems like an easy file to make from a regular file already created. When I get around to it, I think I will need some bamboo for my Star Wars legion table as well. I love the aesthetics of them. I’ll be putting together my files for my shadow syndicate for legion along with a certain mandalorian riding a rancor to print and can whip it together then.
Old January 18th, 2022, 03:06 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree that the movement kiting from small-med figures could be a nuisance. If you want to go that way, then maybe make them destructible c3g style. Otherwise I'm not sure it's necessary.

Another wacky thing you can use them for thematically is platforms for the monks stealth leap, though they are a bit higher than 12 high.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles