Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old November 27th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Terrain - Underwater Combat!

Aquaman has, in the interest of peace, lent the Crown Jewels of Atlantis to the Metropolis Museum of Art to display to the general public...

This does not go over well with Aquaman's half brother Orm, otherwise know as Ocean Master.

Black Manta, seeing an opportunity against Aquaman, poisons Orm's mind with thoughts of revenge. Taking the Crown Jewels on land is a terrible disrespect to the might of Atlantis. Gathering an army to reclaim the relics an infuriated Orm marches on the city.

And the Justice league is there to meet him head on...

Last edited by Grishnakh; November 27th, 2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old November 27th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Terrain

In the end Orm was repelled. But it was at a great cost to the heroes and the city.

The explosion in the middle of the street was from an Oil Tanker. Black Manta/Ocean Master's side did that to screen their advance up the street. It was a great tactic!

The white plumes are water spouts from destroyed fire hydrants. Many of these characters needed water to gain their full powers.

(Edit: Fixed the pictures so you can now click on them to make them larger. -Grish)
Old November 27th, 2017, 02:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looks epic and tonnes of fun. The museum with the banners advertising the crown jewels are a really nice touch of detail that goes above and beyond. Did you play this game somewhere public that you had an audience or in a private location?
Old November 27th, 2017, 02:58 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh that's cool. I didn't notice the water plumes originally. I keep seeing your smoke plumes and think I should make some but I never do. I really should. I'm still searching for the tops of my palm trees though. Both Michaels in my area have not had them in stock for quite some time. I may need to come up with a different solution.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 27th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Holy s. Wicked awesome!

Do you have a file for that museum?

What are the water spouts made of? cotton?
Old November 27th, 2017, 03:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Holy s. Wicked awesome!

Tornado's comment reminds me...Grish, did you ever do a tutorial for the smoking wreckages.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 27th, 2017, 03:32 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I like the smoke plumes too. A tutorial would be great!
Old November 27th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Looks epic and tonnes of fun. The museum with the banners advertising the crown jewels are a really nice touch of detail that goes above and beyond. Did you play this game somewhere public that you had an audience or in a private location?
Thanks. It was a lot of fun. This was played public at a one day gaming event called FatDog (Friday After Thanksgiving Day Of Gaming). A friend of mine has been running it here on Long Island for several years now. We rent a hotel ballroom and get around 150 people. $20 for the day, and we feed you lunch and dinner. Can’t beat that huh? (Hotel ballrooms are really cheap the day after Thanksgiving, no one wants to have a convention or event on that day.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Oh that's cool. I didn't notice the water plumes originally. I keep seeing your smoke plumes and think I should make some but I never do. I really should. I'm still searching for the tops of my palm trees though. Both Michaels in my area have not had them in stock for quite some time. I may need to come up with a different solution.
Just make the smoke plumes! They are the easiest thing to create. Good luck with the palm trees. Finding a good plant for the top is a bit tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Holy s. Wicked awesome!
Thanks! No file for the museum, it’s a bit big, and complicated. No plans at the moment to post them either. The water spouts use a bent paper clip as the frame. The gushing water, bottom part is a stretched and taped on white plastic bag (Target I think). The water plume on top is shaped cotton. They are pretty durable actually. To attach them you just take a wad of white poster tack and stick it on the bottom. The water spouts are so light the tack holds them upright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Tornado's comment reminds me...Grish, did you ever do a tutorial for the smoking wreckages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Yeah, I like the smoke plumes too. A tutorial would be great!
No, never did a tutorial. But they are amazingly simple to create.

1. Electric T-Light (yellow flickering, not white).
2. Grey or Black wool (grey works best). Michaels used to sell them in little packages that were the perfect size. The last time I checked however they do not carry them in our store anymore. Perhaps online?
3. Clear plastic tape (gift wrap tape).

Wrap a piece of the wool around the base and tape it all the way around. Done.

We use them as burning wreckage and allow figures to pick them up and use them. The cost is 1 die unblockable damage to pick up, and it adds in an extra attack die when used.
Old November 27th, 2017, 07:33 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Great work on that museum Grish - it adds a nice touch of variety to the city scene.
Old November 28th, 2017, 12:03 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great stuff. Sweet superhero throw down.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 28th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Great work on that museum Grish - it adds a nice touch of variety to the city scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Great stuff. Sweet superhero throw down.
Thanks everyone.

As a side note this was an 8 player game, 4 to a side. We actually got rid of order markers and just let each player choose an army card from their side to play each turn. We kept track of the 3 turns with a big D6 since some characters had abilities such as healing at the end of a round. On each sides turn I had all 4 players on their side then move their chosen figures all at once. Afterwards any combat was also handled all at once. We then did any bonding as a special added on turn. This Greatly speeded up play and allowed each side to work more closely as a team.

Otherwise each player would have to wait while 7 other players took their individual turns. Ug. Anyway, this worked like a charm, especially with the characters I had chosen for them to play. Figures that had powers like "after revealing an X order marker" for example would not work with this system, unless those abilities were house ruled somehow.

Last edited by Grishnakh; November 28th, 2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old November 28th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Group move is top notch. We used a similar approach for our last King of the Hill game.
Good stuff!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles