Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in GI JOE / SIGMA 6?
No (I only want heroscape universe) 35 42.17%
Yes, it would rock! 46 55.42%
What is G.I. JOE? 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 15th, 2006, 03:23 AM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Official G.I. JOE/Sigma 6 Heroscape Petition!

Okay, we all know that part of the problem with Heroscape using well known characters, is because of all the hurdles and costs of obtaining licenses. However, HASBRO already owns G.I. JOE, right? And how awesome would it be to battle Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, against Heroscape characters AND the Marvel Heroes??? The idea of Storm Shadow fighting Captain America makes me giddy!

I would love to see this done, even if we get the Sigma 6 version of the characters. They could come in a terrain pack with some kind of high-tech bunker or outpost. Or, they could come just as sets of heroes. Packs I would love to see:

SIGMA 6: Duke, Scarlet, Heavy Duty, Tunnel Rat, Spirit, Kamakura
GI JOE: Roadblock, Flint, Stalker, squad of 3 "Green Shirts"
NINJAS: Snake Eyes, Jinx, Firefly, pair of Ninja-BATS (or Night Creepers)
COBRA: Cobra Commander (armored), Storm Shadow, squad of 3 BATS (or Vipers)
DESTRO: Destro, Baroness, Metal-Head, squad of 3 Iron Grenaders
DREADNAUTS: Zartan, Zarana, Buzzer, Road Pig, Torch

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old October 15th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I'd definately be up for playing it. I love GIJoe.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old October 15th, 2006, 09:02 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
I'm not against haveing some licenced charactors in the game, but if hasbro ever put that sigma 6 crap in heroscape, I would be at the hasbro office with a baseball bat within 24 hours.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:11 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
I'm not against haveing some licenced charactors in the game, but if hasbro ever put that sigma 6 crap in heroscape, I would be at the hasbro office with a baseball bat within 24 hours.
I'd start making your travel arrangements DS.

Old October 15th, 2006, 10:18 AM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
I agree. I think someone should have taken a baseball bat to Hasbro when they started mixing Star Wars and Transformers. What's it called again, Attactix?

Old October 15th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
GI Joe?

GI No!
Old October 15th, 2006, 12:04 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
"sir, do you have any liquids on you?"

Nope

"anything in your shoes?"

My feet and socks.

"Don't you have any lugage?"

Nope. Just this baseball bat.

"May I ask what the baseball bat is for?"

Hasbro is making Sigma 6 figures for Heroscape.

"Give em a swing for me, sir."

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old October 15th, 2006, 12:48 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
"sir, do you have any liquids on you?"

Nope

"anything in your shoes?"

My feet and socks.

"Don't you have any lugage?"

Nope. Just this baseball bat.

"May I ask what the baseball bat is for?"

Hasbro is making Sigma 6 figures for Heroscape.

"Give em a swing for me, sir."

Old October 16th, 2006, 03:42 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
If they bundled a lot of them into squads, I could get behind it. If each and every G.I. Joe soldier was a unique hero, that would destroy my idea that the squads in Heroscape represent the best of the best from their respective types. Obviously, some of the Joes would be unique heroes (like Snake Eyes, obviously), but I'd think the vast majority of them would fit nicely in squads.
Old October 16th, 2006, 06:07 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I could see this happening, but I'd rather see Marvel, DC, and maybe Star Wars before the get to the Joes. GI Joe is a good franchise and a respectable license I think, but it's not high on my list.

You should have put an option "No, I'd rather see other licenses first."
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I'm not against GI Joe, but I'm not crazy about Sigma 6. I saw the opening of the show on a Saturday morning and just about puked. I liked GI Joe when I was younger, but this new stuff is way too anime flavored.
Old October 16th, 2006, 08:23 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
I don't care for Sigma 6 much myself. I think anime is way dumbed down. However, I like the fact that it is keeping some really great characters alive (though I much rather see a more serious version).

I would love to see more Marvel and DC in Heroscape, but it isn't certain if Heroscape will get the rights. They own the rights to GI JOE. As far as Star Wars...I'm not so sure I want that. There is already a great Star Wars mini game in pretty close scale, for customs (and I don't want to buy a whole new set of figs just for Heroscape compatibility). But GI JOE characters have not been represented as quality mini figs. Right now, I am using some of the promo GI JOE mini-figs that they made about 15 years ago. They are good scale, but they are not the same quality as Heroscape, and did not represent all the major characters (no Storm Shadow, no Zartan). If you are curious, I am a Heroscape purist when it comes to costing, so I just use the GI JOE figs with a similar character's card. Snake Eyes gets Agent Carr's stats. Wetsuit gets the stats for a single Micro Corps agent, etc. But damnit, It would rock to get some new, high-quality JOE figs with official cards, and unique abilities.

Also, keep in mind that GI JOE would be a "seperate but compatible" game. Heroscape characters are rescued from the moment before their death to fight in Vahalla. Hasbro doesn't want you to think that the JOE characters are all dead (or on the verge). So, it wouldn't be the same story. It would be hard to take characters as unique and different looking as the Joes and combine them into squads, although I suppose it could be done. The bad guys would have tons of squads though.[/img]

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion