Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old May 21st, 2017, 03:43 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

On my turn I reveal an order marker on marrden nagrubs, however all of my grubs have been destroyed. Does my turn end automatically or can I use hive Lord bonding to take a turn with tor-Kul-na ?

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old May 21st, 2017, 03:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman1666 View Post
On my turn I reveal an order marker on marrden nagrubs, however all of my grubs have been destroyed. Does my turn end automatically or can I use hive Lord bonding to take a turn with tor-Kul-na ?
When all the figures on a card are dead, you can't use their special powers, including bonding.
Old May 21st, 2017, 04:01 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the quick reply

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old June 10th, 2017, 04:44 AM

Piratebunny is surprisingly tart

Can Runa use helm of Minton soul aura on the fortress door?
Old June 10th, 2017, 09:28 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratebunny View Post
No. Fortress Door is not a figure.

~Z

P.S. Welcome to Heroscapers neighbor!

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 10th, 2017, 12:05 PM

Piratebunny is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratebunny View Post
No. Fortress Door is not a figure.

~Z

P.S. Welcome to Heroscapers neighbor!
Thanks for answering my question. Although I did allow Minton soul power against my door last night and it made the game a bit more exciting since he rolled a 20 on it.

PS Thank you neighbor.
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:37 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is there a way I can determine which waves are most popular in terms of figures being used? I'm considering writing a campaign, and I'd like to know which waves I should center it around.

~TGRF.
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:53 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Is there a way I can determine which waves are most popular in terms of figures being used? I'm considering writing a campaign, and I'd like to know which waves I should center it around.

~TGRF.
If Power Rankings = Popularity (which I think so some extent they do), maybe use the power rankings and give higher points for a higher grade and then organize them by wave, add up the wave, divide by the amount of units in the wave and highest score is the most popular.
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Casually or at tournaments? (Either way, I don't buy the power ranking method as particularly accurate.)

You could count the number of posts in their books? Perhaps starting from when 'scape was discontinued, or just the last year or something. There's the Unit Battle Royales from various years (the Door could do with some more fan fiction).
Old June 14th, 2017, 01:03 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Casually or at tournaments? (Either way, I don't buy the power ranking method as particularly accurate.)

You could count the number of posts in their books? Perhaps starting from when 'scape was discontinued, or just the last year or something. There's the Unit Battle Royales from various years (the Door could do with some more fan fiction).
I might have to include the door.

I'm aiming for a combination of fun to play and viable to play... so a mix of casual and tournament, I guess.

I've never fully understood the Battle Royales. As far as I can tell, each person picks a figure based on popularity, but I'm not sure what 'popularity' means in that context. It sounds like a good place to start though. I'll look into it. Thanks, Ollie.

~TGRF.
Old June 14th, 2017, 01:06 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Thumbs up Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:

I wouldn't buy that method. Some units with more confusing/complicated cards could have more questions and therefore more posts.

With the power rankings, assuming the "popularity" is being considered from usage in tournaments (and TGRF states in terms of usage - a little vague but I'd take that as in terms of use in games).

With the power rankings, figures with a higher ranking are more likely to be used in tourneys, IMO. You're not going to see DW7000 or terrain specialty units in tourneys for the most part so those units ranking lower does somewhat reflect their popularity. Where as the Rats or Raelin or Krav are really good and competitive so people use them more.
Old June 14th, 2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:

I wouldn't buy that method. Some units with more confusing/complicated cards could have more questions and therefore more posts.

With the power rankings, assuming the "popularity" is being considered from usage in tournaments (and TGRF states in terms of usage - a little vague but I'd take that as in terms of use in games).

With the power rankings, figures with a higher ranking are more likely to be used in tourneys, IMO. You're not going to see DW7000 or terrain specialty units in tourneys for the most part so those units ranking lower does somewhat reflect their popularity. Where as the Rats or Raelin or Krav are really good and competitive so people use them more.
I agree that counting posts might not work out. And I think power rankings are a good way to determine the value of a unit, which is definitely something I want to take into consideration. But I also want to include figures people can have fun with.

For example, some friends of mine consider the Krav to be really overpowered, and usually ban them from games because they aren't really much fun to play against. I want to know which figures are the most fun to play with and against, and include those figures in addition to the high value ones.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's