Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 7th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) By-Laws Now Official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man View Post
Yea I think we should playtest the maps with only one or two marvel heroes per army. I also really like your idea peterparkerh as a format for a tournament where before each battle you and your opponent were given two marvel figures and a few 350 point original bases.

Guys who else is gonna be a judge?
Spidysox has volunteered. He is a huge Marvel fan. Whether or not he is a judge, he will be play testing these maps with me. Do we want his direct opinion, or through me?
I would also love to playtest these maps, but I don't quite have the materials yet. I am waiting on a two of the terrain expansions, but when they arrive, I would love to be a part of playtesting.

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 7th, 2008, 04:02 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I would be happy to be a judge if accepted. I really like this project and would like to see it be a successful one. And if by being a judge for it I can help than I would be glad to do it.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

The only problem I would have is spidysox as a judge is that he would have the same opinions about a map as peterparkerh. It might be a bit two much like having one judge have two votes but I don't know. I'd be willing to at least voting on him. As for why we need a fifth judge, I think we need more than just four opinions. Getting another judge will make it harder for maps to be accepted and increase our standard.

I'll vote yes for Spidysox and the map.

Current Status:

Heroscapers judges pending acceptance:
Spidysox
YES = 1 [stumpy_man] ; NO = 0;Pending = 3

Maps pending review:
Scapecity Tower Bridge by Peteparkerh
YES = 2 [Silver Surfer, stumpy_man] ; NO = 0;Pending = 1 [ Ugly-Caco,Peteparkerh (not eligble, his map)]

Maps being reviewed:
None

I'll also say that we shouldn't use Lexan maps or scapecity in our maps. Lets keep this project using official stuff as much as possible. I also think that using unofficial stuff will significantly decrease how many people these maps will be available to.

Last edited by stumpy_man; December 7th, 2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old December 7th, 2008, 04:18 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The only problem I would have is spidysox as a judge is that he would have the same opinions about a map as peterparkerh. It might be a bit two much like having one judge have two votes but I don't know. I'd be willing to at least voting on him. As for why we need a fifth judge, I think we need more than just four opinions. Getting another judge will make it harder for maps to be accepted and increase our standard.
Thanks for being willing Stumpy. As for myself and peteparkerh having the same opinions I can vouch for that not being necessarily the truth. Pete and I have very different ideas on what we like and dislike when it comes to maps, so I think we would be ok there. I can, however, understand your concern.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM

Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker

I would also be happy to be another judge and if all of us get accepted that'll be 7 judges which was I believe was the number you guys originaly wanted.

PeteParkerh
Stumpy_man
Ugly Caco
The Silver Surfer
Spidysox
Eternal Thanos86
Vydar is the man

Do Good, Don't Suck. -PHS Stage Crew
Old December 7th, 2008, 05:08 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I'll also say that we shouldn't use Lexan maps or scapecity in our maps. Lets keep this project using official stuff as much as possible. I also think that using unofficial stuff will significantly decrease how many people these maps will be available to.

I am afraid I have to agree with this. Like BoV, part of this project is to select maps that use few pieces, and are buildable by the general public, and allowing either or both of these defeats that purpose.

On a slightly side note, allowing that would also greatly reduce my ability to judge maps, although if at least 2 more judges are selected, I will glady step down as a judge for the sake of this project.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:23 PM

I honestly think we only need one more judge and nothing personal to the other guys but I think spidysox is probably the best one to do it.
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

I've looked at ET86's maps, and he looks like a good choice also. Just my 2 cents.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:31 PM

Let's vote on spidysox first and depending what happens then we can decide what we what to do with the other people who are interested.
Old December 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Spidysox is Peterparkerh's scape partner right? He's quite active on this project (more than me even). With Spidysox and Peterparkerh's tandem, map testing will be more efficient since they play together. I vote for alrighty then.

Current Status:

Heroscapers judges pending acceptance:
Spidysox
YES = 2 [stumpy_man, Ugly-Caco] ; NO = 0;Pending = 2

Maps pending review:
Scapecity Tower Bridge by Peteparkerh
YES = 2 [Silver Surfer, stumpy_man] ; NO = 1 [Ugly-Caco];Pending = 1 [Peteparkerh (not eligble, his map)]

Maps being reviewed:
None

No doubt this is a great map. But I think there should be ladders for none elevation-ignoring moving characters. With the Mtcb figures, this may not seem to be a big problem since Capt Am (a nonflying melee) has range. But what if we get to have TNT customs such as Wolverine or Iron Fist? Or other TNT customs that are purely melee and are purely on foot? I think we should consider future characters in making maps. I'd vote Yes for the map if ladders are added.

Also I think this project should go hand in hand with TNT Hero customs since we can't wait for WOTC all year next year for some Marvel.

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; December 7th, 2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:08 PM

Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
I will glady step down as a judge for the sake of this project.
Why would you need to? You said you would abstain from any map you couldn't build or sub pieces for.

Do Good, Don't Suck. -PHS Stage Crew
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:10 PM

Umm Ugly maybe you're talking about something else but I see ladders on the map. Maybe you want more or something but there are a few ladders on each side of the map.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios