Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 12th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

Quote:
"3. Single Maps are not to exceed 1 MS, 1 Marvel Set, and up to 2 terrain expansions (no duplicate expansions are allowed, maps which use less sets will be more buildable for the community)."
With this rule, wouldn't Scapecity Tower Bridge be non-fitting because of 2 FotA? Unless I read wrong...

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
Quote:
"3. Single Maps are not to exceed 1 MS, 1 Marvel Set, and up to 2 terrain expansions (no duplicate expansions are allowed, maps which use less sets will be more buildable for the community)."
With this rule, wouldn't Scapecity Tower Bridge be non-fitting because of 2 FotA? Unless I read wrong...
I believe it is a Double map, allowing for each half to use the specified amount of terrain.
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
It uses 1 FOTA. There are two bridges I've created. One with two sets, and one with one. It took a little to figure out how to make something this large with just 1 FOTA.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:57 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart

Actually, the current version of Scapecity Bridge they are reviewing only uses one FotA. That is primarily the reason there aren't enough ladders to reach the highest levels of the map. Peteparkerh edited the map from its original version to meet BoM guidelines.

Edit: I missed not being redundant by so little.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just to throw in my

I am liking this map (Scapecity Tower Bridge) more and more as I look at and play with it. There is a small advantage toward the non-ranged, non-flying units, but overall, the feel of the map matches Marvel extremely well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I never got a chance to play it yet, 'cause I currently have Under the El V2 built. Played several times on CryoTech labs, and it is an outstanding map. I was stunned by the wonderful peice usage, and how the asphalt and pavement managed to become symmetrical, and overall the play was great too. (It doesn't work very well for classic Heroscape, but thats not what it's meant for is it? )
I am currently pondering whether or not to nominate it.

Oh yeah, Team 1 won. (By a longshot, I might add...)

Old December 12th, 2008, 11:27 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

Wow this is coming along great. I have bee reading this every day that I get on and keep being more and more impressed. I haven't posted in here in a while but I have been watching intently.
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:39 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I never got a chance to play it yet, 'cause I currently have Under the El V2 built. Played several times on CryoTech labs, and it is an outstanding map. I was stunned by the wonderful peice usage, and how the asphalt and pavement managed to become symmetrical, and overall the play was great too. (It doesn't work very well for classic Heroscape, but thats not what it's meant for is it? )
I am currently pondering whether or not to nominate it.

Oh yeah, Team 1 won. (By a longshot, I might add...)
If CryoTech labs meets the criteria for a BOM map then go ahead and nominate it. The more maps we have the better.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 13th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Shade Tree

Alright then. I nominate ET86's CryoTech Labs for BoM.
It uses one RotV, one MtCB, one TT, and one FotA.

Last edited by Sup3rS0n1c; December 13th, 2008 at 12:32 AM. Reason: added link and picture
Old December 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Hmmm... I'll have to download it to be sure, but I don't think I'll be able to build that one. I'll try as best as I can to figure somethign out, but I can't promise anything. Hey ET86, what are the uses for the snow and ice?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 13th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Shade Tree

You don't have TT?
I'm at a lack of RttFF and VW (which I won't be for long ), so I know how you feel.
There's no glaciers, so you could probably replace it with regular tiles. They don't have much use other than aesthetics. (Just remember where the ice tiles are if you're playing slippery ice. (I don't really think that heavy snow would work for the scenario, anyway...) )

Old December 13th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Alright then. I nominate ET86's CryoTech Labs for BoM.
It uses one RotV, one MtCB, one TT, and one FotA.
I'll need to look as that then

Current Status
Heroscapers Judge(s) pending acceptance:
None

Maps Under Review:
Scapecity Tower Bridge by Peteparkerh
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 5 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86] ; Can't Vote= 1 [Peteparkerh]

Under the "EL" by Jodokast
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 6 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86, Peteparkerh]

Maps pending review:
CryoTech Labs by ET86
YES = 0 [] ; No = 0 [] ; Pending = 5 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, Peteparkerh] ; Can't Vote= 1 [ET86]

Do Good, Don't Suck. -PHS Stage Crew

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios