Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 11th, 2019, 09:36 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Well met

Now I get it. Thanks!

NIERIEL

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Ranger
Personality Tricky

Size Medium 4

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Points 110

NEEDLE
Range 4, Attack 2
After attacking normally, Nieriel may attack with Needle. Defending figures roll 1 less defense die for each skull rolled with Needle.

[DEFENSIVE AGILITY], [ACROBATIC], [ENGAGEMENT STRIKE 13], [FLEET FOOTED], HIDE IN DARKNESS], [CLOUD OF DARKNESS], or

BLADE MASTER
Nieriel receives one extra attack die and one extra defense die when engaged?

Last edited by kolakoski; September 11th, 2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The first line of Needle is no longer needed. The rest should follow Mok's Gunner Special Attack precedent: "After attacking normally, Nierel may attack with Needle Special Attack." Changing that to "Before" should be ok too, though it would be more useful after.

I'm not sure how I feel about the design as a whole. Reversal is the key power, which suggests that Nieriel should be up front engaging multiple figures. But then she gets two attacks (melee and Needle), making it less likely she'll stay engaged with multiple. On top of that, her Life/Defense are fairly weak, so she won't last long up front.

Basically, she has the stats and tricks of a opportunistic fighter that hangs at the edge of battle, or fills in as a cleanup figure. But in these situations her best power, Reversal, is pretty easy to avoid (only attack her with one figure at a time). Reversal seems tailor-made for a strong frontline unit or defender, and not that helpful otherwise. Really cool, but misplaced here. I think the design deserves a different defensive power that fits the role better and can more easily be used on the edges of the battlefield or in cleanup.
Old September 11th, 2019, 11:08 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I here you. Reversal is very cool.

I’ll set aside Nieriel for the moment, and look for a front line fighter type figure for Reversal.

Thanks everyone!

P. S.: My usual sources are dry for a figure for Reversal. I’ll see about a defensive power for Nieriel and rewrite Needle as you suggest.

Last edited by kolakoski; September 11th, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old September 11th, 2019, 02:24 PM

Well met

This?

NIERIEL

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Ranger
Personality Tricky

Size Medium 4

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Points 110

NEEDLE
Range 4, Attack 2
After attacking normally, Nieriel may attack with Needle. Defending figures roll 1 less defense die for each skull rolled with Needle.

[DEFENSIVE AGILITY], [ACROBATIC], [ENGAGEMENT STRIKE 13], [FLEET FOOTED], HIDE IN DARKNESS], [CLOUD OF DARKNESS]?

Last edited by kolakoski; September 11th, 2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old September 11th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

If you're reworking the entire design at this point, probably best to return to your customs thread for now until you've got it nailed down. Typically I'll even do some playtests with my current versions before coming here, just to make sure I've got some "experience" with the design to talk about before getting more "official" help.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 16th, 2019, 01:16 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Question for you guys... could the Trobriand miniature pass for a Deathwalker?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...088/image0.jpg

I can take some pictures with my copy in the morning if you’d like as well.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 16th, 2019, 02:31 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The fact that it seems to have a face and some blue highlighting veers it a little. It’s probably not a dealbreaker for me but it could detract from the theme a bit.
Old September 16th, 2019, 04:00 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

It doesn't look like a Deathwalker, but it could certainly be a soulborg.
Old September 16th, 2019, 11:28 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Some more pictures, this time with the Deathwalkers and Commander.

Group Shot:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...495/image0.jpg

He looks a lot like 7k, in my opinion. They have very similar paints.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...129/image0.jpg

And another shot. The “face” looks about as much of a face as the other DW’s, imo.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...280/image0.jpg

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 16th, 2019, 12:12 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

It almost feels like it's more of a Vydar SoulBorg than an Utgar one to me because of the more rounded details. Deathwalkers 7000 through 9000 feel like a progression with multiple similar elements to each other, so it is a little disconcerting.

That said, Deathcommander Mark 3 also doesn't quite match that pattern, so with a compelling design and reason to be a Deathwalker, I'd be open to it. It might help to avoid calling it a Deathwalker specifically, though, much like how Deathcommander Mark 3 and Executioner 616 are still Utgar SoulBorgs without being Deathwalkers.
Old September 16th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

He certainly looks far more like an Utgar Soulborg than a Vydar one to me. Not sure about being a Deathwalker specifically, though I'd love to see more of the Deathwalker progression.
The 1 Life/Defence number lining up with serial number pattern gets harder and harder to make work the further down the scale you go, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 16th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

After seeing the group shot, I could see the figure being a Deathwalker. I don't know if everyone will see it that way though. Also, he looks beefier than 7000, almost like a 7500 series inbetween 7000 and 8000.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards