Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old December 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Online HS app: Feature Request and Change Log

This thread will be used to request features for the Online Heroscape app. It will also be used as a change log for completed features and updates.

Change Log:
2013-08-20: Enhanced OM MGMT section GUI. Enhanced time tracking accuracy.
2013-06-26: Adding random characters to OMs: updated functionality so that this selection will stay active until the user unchecks it; visibly enhanced the 'Done with Turn/Action' button.
2013-06-19: Released new version with enhancements: time tracking, reposition the tool interface on screen, use entire screen width for map/Google drawing.
2013-05-03: Streamlined the OM Reveal process.
2013-02-27: Added optional, second X Order Marker
2012-11-01: Dice statistics added; ability to roll/display symbols, dropdown menu of messages, including initiative and glyph auto-rolling
2012-01-18: Completed Desired Dice Roll Display request
2011-12-11: Added Order Marker management functionality

Current Requests:
  • Disengage button - Request post
  • Automate the treasure glyph functionality - Request post
  • Enhance visibility of 'Done with turn/action' button
  • Continue to use random OM characters until the user unchecks it
  • Add check boxes so only the desired rolls (attack, defense, blanks) display in the log file - Request post
  • URGENT - Fix chat bug; at various times, after rolling dice and then typing in the chat window, an erroneous die roll will show up in the chat log.
  • Ability to change log file names - Request post
  • List of active games/logs
  • Statistics tracking (initiative rolls, skulls, etc)
  • Increase the session expiration timeframe
  • Locate 'REVEAL OM' Buttons in dice tools section - Request post
  • Resize the chat window - Request post
  • Add Flagbearer dice - Request post
  • Order Marker Mgmt: functionality enhancement - Request post
    Remove OMs due to triggered abilities - Request post
  • Audio notification when there is a new message in the chat window -
Bugs
  • When entering text in the chat window, the app occasionally rolls the amount of dice for each letter - Report post

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; August 20th, 2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: OM Mgmt updates and Time Tracking enhancements/streamlining.
Old December 29th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HeroSkype app: Feature Request and Change Log

Just something I have noticed, but I am not sure what is causing it, that sometimes when I would begin to type things in to chat, it would for some reason start rolling the amount of dice I had rolled last for each letter (probably human error, just wanted to bring it up). This happened to dok in our game too.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
Just something I have noticed, but I am not sure what is causing it, that sometimes when I would begin to type things in to chat, it would for some reason start rolling the amount of dice I had rolled last for each letter (probably human error, just wanted to bring it up). This happened to dok in our game too.
Thanks for pointing this out, Sixth. I have it added to the bugs list and will investigate it further.
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:45 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Question: when you submit order markers, how is the order of appearance in the chat box decided? At first I thought it was in the order you type it, but it. Seems randmom (as it should be).

Also, how is the "random" dice roll done, as I figure it is psuodorandom, unless you get data from a place like random.org that uses nature to supply data.

I 2nd the statistics compilation on number/percentage of skull/shield/blanks thrown.

Thanks again for all the work.
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Question: when you submit order markers, how is the order of appearance in the chat box decided? At first I thought it was in the order you type it, but it. Seems randmom (as it should be).
A shuffle function is called that places the OMs in a random order.

Quote:
Also, how is the "random" dice roll done, as I figure it is psuodorandom, unless you get data from a place like random.org that uses nature to supply data.
It is pseudo-random, as it is rather small in scale. There are other ways to generate random numbers, such as with seeds, but this appears to work for our needs. At some point, I will run some more dice rolling statistics to ensure the integrity of the generated numbers in relation to anticipated odds.

Quote:
I 2nd the statistics compilation on number/percentage of skull/shield/blanks thrown.

Thanks again for all the work.
It is on the list, and my pleasure!
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In my 2 games so far, I have been playing split screen, with half of the screen being your app, and the other half being googlescape. I find that I'm always scrolling down to see the text in the chat box, and scrolling up to do stuff like roll and reveal order markers. I'm not sure if I have a suggestion on how to fix it, but it would be nice if we could see both at the same time somehow. Maybe the top half of the screen has the buttons, the bottom half has the chat window?
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
In my 2 games so far, I have been playing split screen, with half of the screen being your app, and the other half being googlescape. I find that I'm always scrolling down to see the text in the chat box, and scrolling up to do stuff like roll and reveal order markers. I'm not sure if I have a suggestion on how to fix it, but it would be nice if we could see both at the same time somehow. Maybe the top half of the screen has the buttons, the bottom half has the chat window?
Hi, Bengi.

Thanks for the feedback! As for your request, I have some ideas in order to allow users to drop and drag the various components (Chat window, dice roller, OM mgmt, etc) across his or her respective browser window (with a supported browser, or course...If you are still using IE6, you need to be flogged ).

I don't have this on the request list, yet, but it is on my radar and will hopefully address the scrolling problems. On a side note, you can click on the section name to open/close it in your browser in order to see other sections: for example, you can open the dice roller section, then click on the name to close that particular panel, and click on another section name to open the new panel. It is not exactly smooth sailing, but will hopefully get you by until I can tweak the interface a bit.
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:22 PM

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
I don't have this on the request list, yet, but it is on my radar and will hopefully address the scrolling problems. On a side note, you can click on the section name to open/close it in your browser in order to see other sections: for example, you can open the dice roller section, then click on the name to close that particular panel, and click on another section name to open the new panel. It is not exactly smooth sailing, but will hopefully get you by until I can tweak the interface a bit.
I've been using the section names to open/close, which is not terrible, but still needing to scroll a bit. Scrolling wouldn't be as obnoxious if I could figure out how not to knock down half the map every time I move a piece. This is just a problem with my clumsiness in general.

Actually, if there was just a button to reveal the next order marker in the dice tools section, that would be a big help, because you wouldn't need to open the OM management section every time to reveal that the next order marker is on the Minions again. I also discovered that if you just open a new window and arrange the chat box in there just right, and have a window for just the dice roller, it will work very well.

Last edited by Bengi; December 30th, 2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It would also be nice if you could stretch/resize the chat window.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Actually, if there was just a button to reveal the next order marker in the dice tools section, that would be a big help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dok
It would also be nice if you could stretch/resize the chat window.
These have been added to the requests list, and I will be working on the requests this week.
Old January 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Add check boxes so only the desired rolls (attack, defense, blanks) display in the log file - Request post

This request has been completed. When you open up the DICE TOOLS, you now have a dropdown menu entitled Choose Dice Output. If you select Skulls, only skulls will be written to the chat window/log file, in the following format:

User Filthy rolled 3 skull(s) with 7 total dice.

If nothing is selected in the dropdown, the default dice display (includes all skulls, shields, and blanks rolled) will be displayed in the chat window.
Old January 18th, 2012, 10:48 PM

I have a request that will help a lot with leagues.

Add an army input section A player can type their army in and hit a "submit army" button. The chat box will display "Bengi has submitted his army for this game." or something like that. When both players have submitted their armies, they can click on a "Reveal Army" button, and the chat box will display their army.

With this, league players can set up their game file in advance, submit their armies, and reveal them when they have both submitted. This way nobody needs to oversee all of the army selections each week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events