Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old December 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrowking View Post
...the common unwashed non-gamer masses...
For some reasons I see too many negatives. Shouldn't it be either "common washed non-gamer" or "common unwashed gamer"? Maybe even "uncommon washed gamer"?
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I'm so glad I got all four starting factions. The difference in them, like Minivann said, is amazing.
I'm very glad as well. My original plan was to just pick up the Elves and Orcs, but it made more sense to order both sets at once, rather than worry about trying to pay shipping to Canada twice. And I am very happy I did. I had little interest in the Dwarves but they are actually the only faction I have won with thus far, and it was a complete domination. (The Engineers ability to take out walls can cripple your opponent early on).
But like killercactus, I don't feel compelled to purchase every set released, and I may not buy each expansion. But even if I only expand on the Elves and Orcs, I'll always have a complete army available for Goblins and Dwarves to spice things up as well. I think I'll always buy each new army to come out (and likely all mercenaries as well) but not necessarily each expansion to the armies.
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:26 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

I don't think this was posted yet (apologies if so), but Drunkdwarves.com has a glowing review of Summoner Wars up on their front page:

http://www.drunkdwarves.com/

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

Played my first game last night with my son. VERY fun game. Like Heroscape in that it's quite simple, and yet there's lots of depth. Way to go truth! You designed a real winner.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old December 31st, 2009, 04:33 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Battleplan for Summoner Wars is now available. Here is the thread for it on the Summoner Wars forums.

Old December 31st, 2009, 11:34 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
As long as I'm full into Heroscape, I'll only be part-way committed to Summoner Wars (but, thanks to truth's awesome non-blind selling system, I can purchase just the cards that help the Phoenix Elves and Tundra Orcs. Hopefully one of those two decks can be tourney worthy, if tournaments develop for this game). As long as I have two solid decks to battle it out, I can play with my friends that don't have the game. And, if any of them do pick it up, I'll have 2 decks to use against them.

Thankfully I also am not afflicted with "collector's need". But hey, who knows? Maybe this game will be so awesome that it will become "my game". I suppose it's possible.
I think that you will want to get the other set, even if you don't choose to fully expand it. Let me first say that my dad, who played Heroscape with me three times and then has declined to play every time since, loves Summoner Wars. Maybe more than me. We have the Orcs and Elves (I got them for christmas) and have played 6 games. While each game played a little differently, we chose to soon order the Goblins and Dwarves. More variety is worth it no matter how much time you spend playing it.
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
I don't think this was posted yet (apologies if so), but Drunkdwarves.com has a glowing review of Summoner Wars up on their front page:

http://www.drunkdwarves.com/

another positive review. I have not seen a bad one yet.

did you notice the article The Future of Gaming below the review? That is some pretty weird stuff.

Old January 5th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Here's the custom board I made for Summoner Wars. Made from FoamCore and Book Binders Tape.

Old January 5th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very nicely done Cavalier.
So when are you going to start selling the lexan versions?
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Here's the custom board I made for Summoner Wars. Made from FoamCore and Book Binders Tape.
Would you and Truth be OK with making that downloadable? I'd like to try my hand at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Would you and Truth be OK with making that downloadable? I'd like to try my hand at it.
If Truth OK's it, I would be willing to share.
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Battle Reporter

I'd just like to say that if truth ok's it, I'll download it and try my hand at making and still buy an official board if one is ever released.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games