Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 5th, 2017, 11:56 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

If you bought the pack that Deathcommander came in, he's in there as well.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 5th, 2017, 09:57 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Pronoun Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If you bought the pack that Deathcommander came in, she's in there as well.
Fixed. Admittedly, a last minute change that I had wanted to do from shortly after submission and then didn't feel like bringing it up once the process had started.

~Dysole, who'll get her book up in the next couple of days
Old October 6th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Get those books up, please, guys. We're losing clicks because people don't see where to get the minis.

Thanks!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 13th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

A quick reminder to anyone interested in becoming an SoV Judge, there's only a couple of weeks left for submissions. Details below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Along with that, we would like to announce that we are looking to fill that position. We are opening it up to everyone would who like to apply. To do so, write up a review of one of the units currently being reviewed (including a Yea or Nay vote) and send it to me in a PM. We do not expect that you have done rigorous testing, nor do we expect your review to pretend that you have. Rather we will be looking at your insights and your ability to articulate your thoughts clearly in a review. Additionally, please write a paragraph explaining why you think you would be a good Judge. If you have made a submission like this in the past, you can instead simply tell us that you are still interested and would like us to consider your prior submission.

The due date for the submissions will be end of day October 31st. We will then deliberate and announce the result.
Old October 27th, 2017, 04:42 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The Beakface Archer and the Beakface Rogue have both passed United Fanscape Review and move forward in the process.

Jack of Blades
by @BiggaBullfrog did not pass United Fanscape Review and is removed from the process. Numerous issues with the unit were cited. Range 3 has been used only very sparingly before for various reasons. Many objected to its groundbreaking use without strong justification, especially since the miniature itself does not indicate any sort of ranged attack. Additionally, the use of three powers that modify his attack is seen by many as unnecessary complexity.
Old October 31st, 2017, 08:16 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maltis Tez by @Leaf_It

Can this hybrid hero keep up with the pack to vault into SoV or will she be left in the dust?

Balance

Matlis Tez seems to be about balanced for her points. She is a speedy scout who can hit hard at first but all of this matches up pretty well to Theracus who is only 5 points more. She contends with Seleena for the Werewolf Lord's affection but she provides a bit more power and an easier time picking up glyphs. As filler she can do a decent job cleaning up and jumping around although she can quickly get tied up when all of the focus is on her.

Theme

Maltis Tez gives us a speedy hybrid hero who hits hard and fast as she jumps in and out of danger. She matches the theme well of a Longstrider Shifter from Eberron. Technically her power is more of a Tactical Reposition rather than a Strategic one, but that is largely semantics.

Creativity

First Assault is a nice reuse of a power and Strategic Reposition is a clever way to keep the higher attacks coming while giving her some additional versatility.

Playability

Maltis Tez is inexpensive filler who can help clean up in your army, although other filler options like Guilty McCreech can do it a bit better and for cheaper. She is a speedy scout who can get boosted by the Venoc Warlord or lead the Teeth of Makwa while she claims a glyph, although Theracus can do this about as well while carrying for just 5 more points and one more space. She can take the stray Moon Frenzy from the Werewolf Lord to hold a glyph or dive in for an extra attack, although Seleena's higher threat range makes it a bit easier for her to attack for the same cost. All in all Maltis Tez can fill a few roles but she doesn't really excel in any of them.

The thing that differentiates her the most is her Strategic Reposition but it simply does not come up all that often. This is largely because, as filler, she doesn't get that many order markers to begin with. When she is in a cleanup situation where she does get to go more often, you usually have to rely on initiative switches to actually take advantage of getting two first assaults against a single opponent or else she'll simply be tied down. On certain maps it can be great for her gaining height or positioning into a bottleneck but it requires for you to go with her early where you are often better off activating non-filler units. I feel it's at its most valuable when you manage to kill a figure on a glyph and claim it in the same turn, especially because she is tough enough to hold it for at least a few dedicated attacks. Again, this only comes up so often and Valguard has already taught us how you can still miss with a first assault.

I believe Maltis Tez's strongest army is alongside the Teeth of Makwa where she can claim a glyph while leading them up. However, she isn't really accomplishing anything that Theracus couldn't do most of the time and perhaps a bit better. The Werewolf Lord army is her best chance to shine but I don't believe that army is actually very good. Ideally she takes the occasional Moon Frenzy when you are lucky enough to roll it before you land a bite but it is hardly something that you can rely on. If you don't trigger it early or spend an order marker to move her first, she often isn't fast enough to attack despite her speed. Once you infect your opponent's army you are still largely better off moving their figures into bad positions and hurting their forces, even if you would get slightly more of an attack out of her. In this respect I feel like Seleena is often the better choice if only because her threat range makes her more reliable for an extra attack.

Summary

When it comes down to it, Maltis Tez is pretty harmless. She isn't unbalanced and she is somewhat versatile enough to function in a few potential roles. While she could pass into the SoV without raising any eyebrows I just don't feel that she quite provides something unique or valuable enough for me to vote her in. It is a bit subjective, but at the end of the day I vote NAY to induct Maltis Tez into the SoV.
Old November 8th, 2017, 12:57 PM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Hello SoV and C3V team

First, I want to thank you for all your hard work. I know a lot goes into these custom creations and the game is better for that.

Second, I was wondering if there was any progress on card PDF's. I am about 7 weeks away from my annual Heroscape event, however, the group really appreciates when I can add the new units.

Lastly, anyone have any recommendations for bases? In the past I purchased a good qty from Yodaking, however those are nearly out and Yodaking does not seem to be in the business anymore.
Old November 8th, 2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post
Second, I was wondering if there was any progress on card PDF's. I am about 7 weeks away from my annual Heroscape event, however, the group really appreciates when I can add the new units.
The VC Art Department members have been busy with real life stuff lately, so things are a bit backed up. PDFs for the new SOV and C3V units are top priority when they have a chance.

Quote:
Lastly, anyone have any recommendations for bases? In the past I purchased a good qty from Yodaking, however those are nearly out and Yodaking does not seem to be in the business anymore.
Fortunately I stocked up a while ago. I'm afraid I don't know where you can get more offhand; hopefully someone else does. A lot of units can be used without rebasing, though, and most tournament directors are fine with that.
Old November 8th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hello SoV and C3V team

First, I want to thank you for all your hard work. I know a lot goes into these custom creations and the game is better for that.

There are tons of 30mm bases out there, Just do a google search. Rackem were a great match but are a tad think for ladders (sanding helped). I have since picked up generic bases from my local gaming store.

The Peanut bases are the hardest. You might look for 70mm long bases they are usually for Motorcycles but are less common.

I have personally started making my own. you can make a mold from a spare peanut in a medium like plasticine, silicon or plaster. Then mix up a batch of 5 minute epoxy. The bases are not "Perfect" but a bit of paint and a sticker if you want to be fancy and you would hardly notice. I have made a dozen bases for less than 10 bucks (Canadian) spent at a dollar store.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 8th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Yodaking is a different user with a similar name.
YodaJunkie was the guy who made the bases.
He still sells the bases too, just email him.
[PM me or Yodajunkie to get the email]
I bought a bunch a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Leaf_It; November 9th, 2017 at 05:06 AM. Reason: realized that maybe posting someone's email on a public forum wasn't the best idea.
Old November 8th, 2017, 09:42 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I buy my bases and stickers from Impact Miniatures.
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It has been a while since I have bought anything there, but Auggies also sold bases for a while.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs