Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Chicago Area Team Tourney Discussion

Between Kobu's list of Madison events, and Codeman's list of other Upper Midwest 'scape tourneys, the next year is looking pretty good. I didn't see any of them planning something for May, so I'm going to try to set something up. I've never run a tourney before, but I've been to a bunch. Hopefully giving myself 6 or 7 months to plan will make for a good tournament.

When: Some Saturday in May, Likely starting at 11:00. I will put up a poll as we get closer to pinpoint the exact date that will work better with people's schedules.

What to bring: A 550-point army that fits on 24 starting spaces, wound markers, order markers, dice. Some Marvel figures will be permitted- Venom, Spiderman, Captain America, Red Skull, Iron Man, and Dr. Doom. More on this below.

Who to bring: Players of all ages and skill levels are welcome. The Swiss tourney format will more or less help separate people and keep them playing those of similar ability. I probably won't play unless there are an odd number of participants. This will be a team event, so you'll need to bring a partner.

Format: Texas Style Team Tourney (with a few slight tweaks for point total/marvel)
  • Fixed Teams: Same teammate all day; same army all day
  • All HeroScape: (Some marvel figures- all that cost 150-245 points)
  • Points 550: One player on the team can control up to 60 more points then the other player. (I.E. Player 1 = 245 pts, Player 2 = 305 pts)
  • Shared team start zones of 24 hexes
  • Glyphs only affect units you control.
  • Army card auras and enhancements state directly on the card whether they affect only units you control or friendly units, which would be your teammate's units.
  • Each team will NOT be able to have more than one of any unique army card.
  • Team members cannot field the same common army card.
  • Play will pass to the left and teammates will be seated at the same side of the table as suggested in the rulebook.

Maps: There will be four different maps. Two copies of each map for a total of 8 maps for 32 players, unless it gets larger.

Definite choices:
Hot Heights by Jormi Boced (Lava)
Sidewinder by Gamebear (Snow)

Tentative Choices for Tree and Jungle:
Flash Fire by Dignan or Highways and Dieways and Ticalla Sunrise by Gamebear

OR

Jungle Swamp Road (R˙chean) and Mole Hill (Jonathan), Feylund Fountain (Velenne), or Road Rampage (Chicano).

Glyphs
Again, these are tentative choices. Like GenCon, glyphs will be revealed after armies are placed, but before the first round's order markers are placed or AE are dropped.

Rannveig (Wind, with a lower frequency than the rest of the glyphs)
Valda (Move +2)
Dagmar (Inititiative +8)
Wannok (Wound)
Ulaniva (Unique attack +1)
Kelda (Healer)
Oreld (Intercept order marker)

Well, there you have it. I know it's early, but I'd like to get a general idea of the interest in an event like this and I'm open to changes within reason.

Definite
Jexik (if needed)

Maybe
pti88888888
stumpy man
KaBoomboomBoom
Matthias Maccabeus
Supergeek
Clarissimus
Codeman
Heroscape Diva
nwojedi
Kobu
playa1
playa1son
spider_poison
Redeadifier
iamawesome
EternalThanos86
GaryLASQ
GaryBro
GarySon
tokomi
Worldturtle
WorldturtleBro
Joah
SVD997+3

Let me know if I missed anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; February 23rd, 2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:39 AM

pti8 is surprisingly tart
Re: Chicago Area Tourney Preliminary Discussion

I am very interested in this tourney. Mapquest says that it is about 3 hours and 21 minutes away from me but i cannot drive. Pretty sure my parents wouldn't want to drive all the way over there. My cousin is Stumpy_Man and I could possibly go with him and his dad if they could go.

Why such the small point total of 410 though? My prefrence (sp?) would be 520ish.
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pti88888888 View Post
Why such the small point total of 410 though? My prefrence (sp?) would be 520ish.
Mostly because I like to play in small games myself, and lots of tournaments have been bigger lately. I went with 410 because it's just below the point of playing 6x 4th Mass, or 3x Glads/ 3x Blasts. This should throw a monkey wrench in some of the tried and true builds. I might take Crevcor out of the glyph pool too. Using Ulaniva and Kelda will hopefully still make hero armies worthy in a lower point total.

If people really feel that it is too low, I might switch to 480 or 490.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I actually enjoy smaller armies. I ran a small 330 point tourney over my birthday weekend this year and thought that it was a blast. The games always seem closer too. I would ditch the common attack glyph though.

Put me as a maybe. Depending on when in May and all the HS graduations I have to work around, I should be able to make it.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old October 21st, 2008, 12:10 PM

KaBoomboomBoom has disabled reputation

I'm looking forward to this tournament if it ends up working out. I'm pro the small point total also, it will spice things up and cause some deviation from the normal army builds.
Old October 21st, 2008, 01:14 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I actually enjoy smaller armies. I ran a small 330 point tourney over my birthday weekend this year and thought that it was a blast. The games always seem closer too. I would ditch the common attack glyph though.

Put me as a maybe. Depending on when in May and all the HS graduations I have to work around, I should be able to make it.
Consider it ditched. It was the one I was least sure of keeping in the pool.

Quote:
Old October 21st, 2008, 03:27 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

I'll jump in as a maybe. I havent been to a tourney in Illinois yet.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:41 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't commit to anything more than a maybe when it's still half a year away, but if I'm still living anywhere in the Midwest I'll find a way to make it.

And ftr I also approve of the 410 point total. It'll be nice to have a change from all the big armies lately, and it'll also make the games go a little faster. (Unless you want to up it to 415 )

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.

Last edited by Clarissimus; October 21st, 2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old October 21st, 2008, 06:24 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think you can put myself & HeroscapeDiva in a a maybe.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:35 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker

I maybe available. Depends on the day.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:45 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

Ok I am kinda buying the small point total idea. Should be able to get in more scaping then anyways. Will this just be a kill 'em all scenario? Any army requirements? What are you thinkin.
Old October 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

As of right now I'll go with a kill 'em all scenario. No army requirements. Just build an army according to the map and glyph selection.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events