Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 23rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Eastern PA Scapers Tournament: Showdown in Jersey Sept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owvanguard View Post
Ok. Ok. I may be able to buid a fourth board if my hunt is successful tomorrow.

I am going to
1) Target in Cherry Hill NJ which is suppose to have several RotV.
2) TRU in Cherry Hill NJ which is suppose to have at least on flag bearer.
3) TRU on Aramingo Ave in Philadelphia PA which is suppose to have RotV and some large expansions
4) TRU on Cottman Ave in Philadelphia PA which is suppose to have at least on flag bearer.

On that note, I will be buying extra heroscape clearance stuff and selling it at the beginning of the tournament for what I paid for it rounded up to the nearest dollar. I will let you all know if I have extras. I am doing this to ensure that all participants have there entrance fee/prize.

I am doing an Utgar army and my son is doing a Ullar army.
Don't count on Cottman Ave - I called about the FotA that they were supposed to have and was told they were out. You might want to call first depending on how far you are from that location.
Old August 24th, 2008, 12:28 AM

owvanguard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Don't count on Cottman Ave - I called about the FotA that they were supposed to have and was told they were out. You might want to call first depending on how far you are from that location.
I called there also and the rep claimed they had nothing in a very flippant tone of voice. According to CSIS (toys r us inventory system). They should have 12 Fortress sets, 3 Flag bearers, 20 SotM,and 10 Marvel sets.

Also it is on my way home from the Aramingo Ave store.

Brian B
Old August 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
I just thought of something. What if we have 20 maps and only 12 people show up. Boy won't I look like an idiot
Why would the number of maps and people matter?

It doesn't, but it would make my pesting people about maps look a little silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Kathy is leaning toward letting me go, and coming with me. Woot! I'll let you know for sure when I know for sure.
Great, I hope you can make it. Would it help if I said "please" to Kathy?

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 24th, 2008, 06:05 PM

owvanguard is surprisingly tart
Toys R Us 2045 Cottman Ave Philadelphia PA

Toys R Us 2045 Cottman Ave Philadelphia PA

When I called this store 2 days ago the person on the phone flippantly stated that they were sold out of all heroscape products.

I have found out that I was not the only on who called this store and was told the same story. So I marked it as being having no stock.

Yesterday I went to my local TRU to check for inventory by SKN for all the different items. There system stated that they had 12 Fortress sets and many flag bearer sets.

Today I went to the store and pick up one of every flag bearer, a lava set, a heros of Laur and some other toys for my kids as well.But I could not find any Fortress sets.

1) I asked at customer service and they stated flately that they MUST be sold out and given the brush off.

2) I stood next to the rep in the baby department making a personal call and told her I would buy all 12 sets if she could find them. She seemed happy to help me now. She printed out the inventory sheet and gave the list to rep #3

3) He searched the store warehouse and scoured the store for 30+ minutes. Fueled by the fact I stated I would purchase all 12 if he could find them.

4) Now as rep #3 was looking for me rep#4 slyly asked what I was looking for. He made a comment that Heroscape really didn't sell well at this TRU. wink wink nudge nudge. I recognized his voice as the one I spoke to on the phone.

Now as rep #3 was searching everywhere (good rep), rep #4 was stalking and seeing what I was doing. My wife saw that some product were behind the signs where the average customer could not see.

I settled on my purchases.

On my was to my van rep #4 was outside the store looking like he was going on break and state did you find what you were looking far. and then he snickered.

My wife and I believe he is hiding the heroscape stock somewhere waiting for the mass clearance pricing that will soon happen. It looked like I found some of his stash.

But here is what is currently on there shelves
Swarm of Marro 7 $43
Marvel 12 $20
Nakitas 3 $10
Heroes of Laur 3 $20
Ullar FB 3 $13
Einar FB 4 $13
Jandar FB 10 $13
Utgar FB 8 $13

Brian B
Old August 25th, 2008, 01:02 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Please add two more to the tournament roster. Two of my friends (who are not on the boards) are planning on coming with me. My brother also has a chance at making it, but he can't guarantee it. Thanks.
Old August 25th, 2008, 05:00 AM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Please add two more to the tournament roster. Two of my friends (who are not on the boards) are planning on coming with me. My brother also has a chance at making it, but he can't guarantee it. Thanks.
Done!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:15 AM

I sent a pm out to everyone a few day's ago with the location of the event. Did everyone recieve it?

Old August 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I sent a pm out to everyone a few day's ago with the location of the event. Did everyone recieve it?
We got it. BTW, Kathy and I are definites!

Old August 26th, 2008, 01:07 PM

Noxious Ghoul has disabled reputation

Alright, I hope it isn't too late but I think I will be able to make it. It's around a 89.32% change of me being able to make it, so. This just in, it went up to around a 99.3% chance of me being there!

40 POINTS!
Old August 26th, 2008, 01:16 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay, I've just now been informed of two things.
  1. My mom considers 1 and a half hours away to be nothing at all.
  2. the soccer season ( and thus my job) don't start untill later in September.
So I'm now a definite!
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:04 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry for the double post, but since there is 3 hours inbetween i figure it's okay ^-^.

So, it seems like I will probably have to bring a map, right? Well, are there any preferences as to which map you want me to bring?

I've got 1 rotv, 1 sotm, 2 rttf, 1 VW and 1 castle set.

and does it have to be a BOV aproved map?
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxious Ghoul View Post
Alright, I hope it isn't too late but I think I will be able to make it. It's around a 89.32% change of me being able to make it, so. This just in, it went up to around a 99.3% chance of me being there!
What did you do, step on the Glyph of Lodin?

Last edited by Taeblewalker; August 27th, 2008 at 12:32 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events