Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 24th, 2009, 08:06 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Houston-March/21/09 Tourney-Elite Command Showdown

Awesome Actually, it may be less altogether. I'll know the final prices tomorrow. It would be from 1-4 or so or 5. 12 would be for setup.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:01 AM

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OK, here's the skinny:

As I said, the room and meals run for about 12-16 dollars...though I wasn't aware, plus tax and gratuity. Anyway, it's not too bad. Depending on what dish we want here's the deal including meal, tax, tip and DRINK (soft, alcohol available for extra). 15 per person for pork or beef plate. 17 for enchiladas (cheese or beef). 20 for chicken and beef fajitas with guaca, tortillas, drink, the works. All served in buffet style and we get the whole party room. At that size, we can have a table per map pretty much. Also, on top of the discount I got, we'd get FREE appetizers!

So, it comes to 10 for the place, which is usual, and 5-10 dollars more depending on what we choose. Unfortunately it all has to be the same food. I also need to get attendees confirmed soon. So bug some friends and let's make it a bash!

1-Jonathan-Confirmed
2-Dr.L-Confirmed
3-Sweetcurse-Confirmed
4-Charles-Confirmed
5-Prospect-Maybe
6-Ricky-Maybe
7-Shakenbake-Maybe
8-Donkeroo-Confirmed
9-Junge Roman-Maybe
10-John Smith-Maybe
11-elflord-confirmed
12-elfriend-maybe
13-AmishBurrito-maybe
14-Ikari-Maybe
15-rym?-Maybe?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM

Would you all prefer to skip the food and keep it cheaper? What are your thoughts?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 27th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got to eat.

To me, as an out of town guy, it's worth it to be able to eat in the same place I am playing 'scape.

Plus--Free Appetizers!

Mapwise I am still bugging Dignan to upload his asymetrical map, but in the mean time it, has recieved a R˙chean/wisinger seal of approval.

It IS fixed glyph--1 move and 1 defense, but both are in the random pool you selected, so I don't think that is too big a deal.

I'd also like to play on another Dignan map:

Map: Can't see the jungle...
Date Uploaded: 10/29/08
Requirements: 1 RotV, 2 TJ

We'd have to figure out the extra 4 start zone spaces, but I think this definitely fits the "Let's have fun/Do new things" Houston atmosphere.

Looking forward to fun 'scape and good Mexican food!

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old February 27th, 2009, 10:30 AM

We could leave the starting zones as they are and leave it to player choice as to where to deploy.

I agree on the food, I just wante to make sure everyone is cool.

ANyway, I spoke to a couple people yesterday and we may be getting a couple more confirmations.

Here's an incentive: I've decided to spot Dr.L's lunch. I'll also spot the next two people who confirm as well. Mind you, not the entry fee, but the lunch part.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
On the map, the road/bridge perches are a very accessible. I worry about it becoming a sniper fest right out of the shoot. They even accommodate 2-spacers. Granted, you have a lot of sight blocking, but would you consider trading a couple or all of the RTTF trees for the TJ trees/shrubs? In my experience, a bonus is more reliable than a simple LOS block, and you could still make your little maze in the center.

I may be off base, as the roads should allow melee to close the gap, but the start zones will be shooting galleries nonetheless.

Thanks for the input. YOU ARE WRONG! WRONG FOR DISSING MY MAP I HOPE A HIVE OF WASPS STINGS YOU IN THE FACE!

Ahem…err…hehehe.

I did make the perches quickly accessible, here’s why: My intention is to present you with a tough choice at the start of the battle. Do you move first to take the perch? DO you rush the protected center for the easy glyph? Do you take the accessible roads from your starting zone for the side glyph? Or do you contest your enemies glyph on the other, non road side? IF you go for YOUR road glyph, what will you do about the possible shooting from the perch? Will you try to scale the tall but bare side? Or will you attack the enemy perch from behind?

I do want to have another version of this map with a castle thrown in. Anyway, I do fear the perching, but if you put a lot of effort into holding the height, you miss out on the glyphs. Any ideas on how to discourage the perches a bit more? Also, NONE of the glyphs can be seen from the tallest peaks. The center one is obscured by the ruins, unless you are tall. The side ones are protected by the wall and you have to be right next to the edge to shoot down there. Now, I used tres because of the 2 expansion max requirement and the use of roads…and I don’t have jungle ( I know, weaksauce).

Also, the starting zones have a lot of cover from the tress right next to it, so that should help. I also don’t want to ruin a game for people playing with large based figs, it’s a requirement of BOV maps, so that’s why they can also take the middle high perch.

Again thanks for the observations, what do you think still? Anyone else?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 27th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am fine with high perches as long as they can't see glyphs/other hotly contested area.

And as long as it doesn't make things inaccessible for 2 base figures like Krug and Death Stalkers and Templars and whatever.

But I am also a horrible theoreyscaper.

I need to play it to understand it.

So let's play it!

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old February 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

Yeah, I'd like to play it as is. I think it could be made to fit the 2-expansion rule using Jungle instead of RTTF, but you'll need to win the Jungle Pack tomorrow to make that happen.
Old February 27th, 2009, 05:15 PM

OK, soudns good. I'd love to get that jungle.

BTW, don't forget:

Here's an incentive: I've decided to spot Dr.L's lunch. I'll also spot the next two people who confirm as well. Mind you, not the entry fee, but the lunch part.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

I will not be 'scaping on the 21st.

Last edited by Junge Roman; June 22nd, 2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old February 28th, 2009, 01:12 AM

Any chance for John SMith?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:47 PM

elflord has disabled reputation

I'm definately in, want food too. I'll bring the tote of Heroscape with me. 3 basic sets, 4 SOTM, 2-3 castles. Plus the figs.

I should have conformation on my buddy this week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events