Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 22nd, 2017, 01:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Well better to run him off the board than risk having him die.

Maybe next time focus fire with all 4 of your archers on his apprentice and see how long he lasts. If you can keep your guys mostly in cover against the one brother, you can concentrate on the other and rain Hell on his apprentice or wizard. Also, your warhound is really fast and if a spellcaster is engaged, they can't cast spells. Cast Leap on one of your guys to get in the apprentice on the catwalk's face Revenge!

Also, something I learned from my friend Chris. Sometimes it's better to not activate some soldiers in the wizard or apprentice phase, because then they can activate in the soldier phase after your opponents have finished with both Spellcasters. Then you can do something they can't react to with their Spellcasters. Thus may be situational, but I learned from experience that having some surprise actions by your enemy's soldiers can be nasty.

Did the skeletons coming out of the Mausoleum hinder anyone?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 22nd, 2017, 02:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Also @TREX , you'll get the last laugh when your brother rolls a 6 or less when attempting to cast Elemental Bolt with his apprentice, and takes 2 wounds from failing his casting roll by 10 or more

Old July 22nd, 2017, 05:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , the skeletons came out but really just died easily. I think only once a skeleton lived through a combat. One of my archers and thugs died, so I'm down to 3 archers until I figure out which troops I want to replace with. It might be fun to bomb an apprentice or wizard with 4 archers though. I definitely got some insight on some new strategies. I got my second treasure from using my telekinesis spell to pull an unclaimed contested treasure from a battle to my archer to get it off the board. One question. Is there any leaving engagements on this game? I couldn't find mention of any so we didn't use any.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 22nd, 2017, 06:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

You can't leave an engagement. But if you win a melee battle, you can choose to move your figure or the losing figure back one inch. So if you combat your first action and win, you be separated from that enemy figure and then move away with your second action. Of course, that won't work with a group activation because all moves for the group come first.

Old July 22nd, 2017, 07:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks. I did read that. It spaced my mind. Not sure that would have affected too much but would have come into play a couple times. Next game.

Old July 22nd, 2017, 07:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, it's hard to remember everything and each game gets easier to remember the little subtle rules.

Also, in the instance where figure is engaged with 2 enemy figures, and they choose to attack one of those 2 figures, they will only be considered in combat with that figure. While the 2nd figure will give the one you're attacking a +2 to their fight because it's a support figure, it is not in combat with your figure. Thus, if you win the combat with the chosen figure, you can choose to move yourself or the losing figure back one inch. If you move the enemy figure back one inch, now you will be considered in combat with the 2nd enemy figure, and can't move (if you had a 2nd action left). But if you win the combat and choose to move yourself back one inch and have a 2nd action left, now you can move your normal move.

Old July 23rd, 2017, 12:15 AM
"like" happy

There are quite a few little rules that I had to reference because my first game was a week or two ago. I just talked to my other brother about setting up a 4 player with the genie scenario.

Old July 23rd, 2017, 10:30 AM
"like" happy

Yeah, for the most part my brothers like to fight to the death. I know that they are aware that the games main objectives are for getting treasure and leveling the wizard, but that does not stop them from wanting to completely annihilate each other(and me). I don't mind playing that way, I have to if I want a fighting chance with them. It definitely does not sound like the negotiating that you and your daughter do @Hahma . If I tried to negotiate a deal with them, they'd laugh and start shooting and swinging at me and make me earn it. It still makes it pretty fun. Not going to work a 12 today, so I'll get some time in my shop once I get off work. I'll be building some more scenario specific pieces. Probably the silent tower with the couple of houses next to it.

Old July 24th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

My daughter Morgan and I started the 2nd scenario for The Hunt for the Golem campaign for Frostgrave Folio. This scenario is called Field Research, and it has the Granite Golem (proxied by Dumatef Guard), starting in the center of the board and supposedly in an outdoor garden type environment without any big buildings.

We had to get all of our levelling up stuff done from the last game done before starting this one. I'm level 5, with 60 xp's carried over and Morgan is level 7 with no xp's carried over. I advances 2 levels, so for one, I raised my wizard's fight, to have more survivability if attacked. I had spent 500 gold on a Telekinesis grimoire and used my 2nd level up to learn that spell. I also paid 250 gold for a kennel and 10 for a warhound. Morgan had beefed up her move for her wizard and now it's 9 (oops, that was a mistake. She will have to go back to move of 6 and use 3 level ups elsewhere) She had advanced it by 1 after each of the last 3 games (and I missed it ) Also boosted her health. She bought a Staff of Power (3) that gives her 3 points of empowerment per game, before having to use health for that.

I failed my out of game Raise Zombie spell, so started with 10 in the warband plus the warhound because of the kennel. Morgan had to have one sit out this game because he was badly wounded the last game.

When placing treasures she placed one in the center of the board between 2 logs and near the golem. She won initiative and choose the side I placed treasures on, with the toughest one on the roof of the building. With her move being so good, she moved quickly up there with her wizard and some others, and cast a Fog spell so the Golem couldn't see her on the walkway, because if here isn't a party member in 10 inches of it during the creature phase, he will throw a boulder at the nearest person in LoS.

I made my moves to get to the 2 close treasures, and cast an Imp spell to send an Imp near the treasure under the Plast Craft barricade with the hole on the wall. My wizard had LoS through the hole. So it forced her to deal with it and waste a turn. She killed it with her knight and another figure.

I got onto the ladder on the hill just high enough with my apprentice, to be able to see the treasure on the roof that Morgan's group was really close to. Thank goodness for taller treasure tokens . She (my apprentice) castTelekinesis to move the treasure 6 inches closer to her and off the roof, much to Morgan's dismay. Though I suspect she will try to get it back with a Telekinesis spell of her own. But at least it will take her more time, and there's a chance I'll win initiative for the 2nd round, or that she will fail to cast it.

We each got a warband member within 10 inches of the Golem to get 10 XP'S, and also or wizards within 6 inches of it for 1p more xp's. She was successful in casting a curse spell at the Golem eve though he wasn't affected because of his Will roll, so she got 10 more xp's for that, as you can get xp's if casting a spell against the Golem that isn't an offensive spell.

The goal is to not kill the golem, but to study it. If it gets killed, no xp's are awarded for any and it negates the 3rd and final scenario.

We took a break and will continue with round 2 sometime during the week.

Old July 28th, 2017, 10:34 AM
"like" happy

Me and my summoner wizard of a brother got in another game of Frostgrave last night. We played the scenario that has the Magical Genie in a lamp. We never rolled high enough for the Genie to even come out. My brother had two badly wounded figures that were supposed to sit out from the game before.(an infantryman and an archer.) He decided to dismiss them both for 2 new treasure hunters. I had an archer and a thug die the game before. I replaced them with 2 new archers. My line up consisted of:
Wizard
Apprentice
Knight
5 archers
Thug
Infantryman
Thief
Warhound
I have 12 because I have the Inn, and an attached Kennel for the free warhound.
I successfully cast 8 spells. I had cast leap 3 times, and was able to cast Elemental bolt 5 more times. Unfortunately on two of those I rolled a horrible attack after and did no damage. I had to hurt my wizard and apprentice a couple of times each to get the cast number up enough even though I modified the roll on leap and elemental bolt as some of my previous xp upgrades. From the get go, me and my brother both leaped guys up to some treasure pieces. My brother had placed one on top of a stack of crates. I leaped my infantryman up onto it and he claimed it only to be shot off the top by my brother. As usual my brother was out for some blood and tried taking out my wizard with his wizard, but it backfired on him when I successfully rolled an elemental bolt, and then rolled a 20 on my shoot attack. A 28 elemental bolt shoot attack. I freaked out, I got to knock his wizard out just like that. His wizard was slightly damaged due to him modifying a bolt spell to hit my wizard. The I killed an enemy soldier that tried to kill my wizard. I ended the game with a whopping 470 xp.
4 Treasures secured-200pts
enemy wizard ko'd-150
enemy soldier ko'd 40
8 spells cast-80
My Epic game. I almost had enough xp on my level 3 wizard to level up to 4, so I ended up getting to level 5 times at end game. Now my wiz is an 8. I got an infantry man KO'd and a warhound. My infantry man made a complete recovery and my warhound died, but I get another free one next game. I really thought the warhound was cool because I charged down an enemy thug, engaged, and rolled a 20 and killed him. He was 4 inches from the edge of the board with a treasure. My new hound's name is-Cajun Style. Epic game though.

Old July 28th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Epic indeed. Great game.

"Sick 'em, Cajun Style."
Old July 28th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

Good stuff Trex! That showed your brother to mess with you

I'll have to check the Kennel again, I didn't think it gave you a free warhound, but just let you go over you size limit if you had a warhound. Kind of like the Inm, but more specific to warhounds. They are only 10GC anyway.

Did you have one of your soldiers close to thay board edge to grab the treasure your warhound killed the thug over, or did your brother have one clever and end up getting it anyway?

Did your brother's wizard end up surviving okay after the game, or was he killed or wounded?

Your brother should consider buying a grimoire that has a Fog spell and learn it as a level up. That would be a good counter to your archers and Elemtal Bolt

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures