Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 27th, 2011, 07:59 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)

The Book of Captain Marvel
(Billy Batson)

C3G DC WAVE 7
THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origin set.
Its model number and name are #079-081 / Shazam!.
Character Bio - Billy Batson, an orphaned and homeless newspaper boy, follows at the behest of a mysterious cloaked stranger into the very subways he sleeps for warmth. The stranger takes Billy to the wizard SHAZAM. The wizard entrust Billy with the task of battling the "Seven Deadly Enemies of Man": pride, envy, greed, hatred, selfishness, laziness and injustice. To become the "world's mightiest mortal" and call upon the power of Captain Marvel, Billy only need say the wizards name SHAZAM!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can Captain Marvel use his special powers of Wisdom of Solomon and Stamina of Atlas if he is not on the battlefield because he was switched with Billy Batson?
    A: Yes, as long as Captain Marvel has not been destroyed then his card is still in play and his powers may be used.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Billy Batson figure that is not a Citizen, Captain Marvel may be drafted into an army with Billy Batson due to his Secret Identity special power and may be switched with Billy Batson due to his SHAZAM! special power. If Captain Marvel is drafted with Billy Batson and does not start the game on the battlefield, he gains these Off-the-Battlefield Synergies.
  • As a Human Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel may be negated by or take a turn with Captain Marvel's (Mary Batson) Shared Power of Shazam! special power.
  • As a Human, Captain Marvel has these Human Synergies.
  • As a Champion, Captain Marvel has these Champion Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial Playtest: Griffin
  • Second playtest: Tcglkn (around 360)
  • Third playtest: A3n

*8/11/2022 - Shazam! tag added

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 11th, 2022 at 06:59 PM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 07:59 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Captain Marvel - Design Phase

NAME = CAPTAIN MARVEL
SECRET IDENTITY = BILLY BATSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = RIGHTEOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 360

SHAZAM!: WISDOM OF SOLOMON
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker and before that opponent takes a turn, you may choose 1 unrevealed Order Marker on this card and place it on any other Army Card you control, or choose 1 unrevealed Order Marker on any other Army Card you control and place it on this card.

STAMINA OF ATLAS
If you win initiative and there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.

POWER OF ZEUS
When Captain Marvel is attacked by an opponent's figure that has the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Captain Marvel can take for this attack is one.

COURAGE OF ACHILLES
If an opponent chooses Captain Marvel for any special power and rolls the 20-sided die, you may subtract 2 from the roll.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; August 8th, 2022 at 10:15 AM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool design! Here are some of my comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
WISDOM OF SOLOMON
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker, you may move 1 unrevealed Order Marker to or from this card from or to another Army Card you control.
I think this needs rewording, because it sounds a little awkward, but I like the idea behind it.

Quote:
STAMINA OF ATLAS
If you win initiative and there is at least one Order Marker on this card you may remove 1 Wound Marker.
Is this supposed to remove a wound marker from this card, or any card you control?

Quote:
ZEUS AND ACHILLES
Special powers other than Special Attacks cannot be used against Captain Marvel.
This might prevent any beneficial synergy from other friendly figures. Was that your intent? It's confusing because you have the word "against" which might imply attacks only, but not necessarily. Do you instead mean that he can't be "wounded or destroyed due to any special power, except for special attacks"?
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post

Quote:
WISDOM OF SOLOMON
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker, you may move 1 unrevealed Order Marker to or from this card from or to another Army Card you control.
I think this needs rewording, because it sounds a little awkward, but I like the idea behind it.

Quote:
STAMINA OF ATLAS
If you win initiative and there is at least one Order Marker on this card you may remove 1 Wound Marker.
Is this supposed to remove a wound marker from this card, or any card you control?

Quote:
ZEUS AND ACHILLES
Special powers other than Special Attacks cannot be used against Captain Marvel.
This might prevent any beneficial synergy from other friendly figures. Was that your intent? It's confusing because you have the word "against" which might imply attacks only, but not necessarily. Do you instead mean that he can't be "wounded or destroyed due to any special power, except for special attacks"?
Those were exactly the things I was thinking when I saw the PM last night, however, this is a great direction and concept.

I hope at some point, we can create a card for just Billy Batson like we were talking about last night, where he doesn't start on the battlefield but if Captain Marvel is destroyed, you roll the 20-sided die and if you hit the right number, Captain Marvel heals all wounds and is removed and replaced by Billy. Then Billy can have a power called SHAZAM where he is removed and replaced by Captain Marvel.

Quote:
ZEUS AND ACHILLES
Captain Marvel cannot be affected by special powers, except special attacks, that inflict wounds or would destroy him.
Probably not the best we can do, but hopefully that takes it in a direction that is closer to what we need.
Old February 27th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I had the same exact thoughts on the powers as Griff and GO. I like the overall direction, but some word tweaking is needed ... hmm ...

ZEUS AND ACHILLES
Captain Marvel can only be destroyed or receive wounds from normal or special attacks.

?

Of course that'd also, unintentionally, grant him disengage, so probably not ...

ZEUS AND ACHILLES
If an opponent's figure inflicts one or more wounds on Captain Marvel with a special power other than an attack, Captain Marvel may ignore those wounds.

?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 27th, 2011, 03:47 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
NAME = CAPTAIN MARVEL

SECRET IDENTITY = BILL BATSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR (I did originally have Champion)
PERSONALITY = INNOCENT (maybe Righteous)

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5
This all looks good to me.
Quote:
LIFE = 8

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = 420
Actually Supes has Move 7, Attack 7, and Defense 7, with 7 Life. I would like to see his stats match that because other than Marvel being Magic they are meant to be evenly matched. Yes, Supes has Kryptonian Defense, but he can't heal.
Quote:
WISDOM OF SOLOMON
Is this meant to be once a round or every time an opponent reveals an OM? How about "After an opponent reveals an Order Marker, you may choose one of your own unrevealed Order Markers remove it from where it is placed and place it on a different card. The Order Marker chosen must either be removed from this card or placed on this card when using Wisdom of Solomon." If it meant to be once per round, we can throw "Once per round..." in front of that.
Quote:
STAMINA OF ATLAS
I really like this sorta healing/stamina power.
Quote:

ZEUS AND ACHILLES
Is this meant to be "avoids auto wounds and/or auto-destroys" or is it meant to bypass ALL other Special Powers? I think there is a big difference between those two answers.
Quote:
FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH

Character Bio - Billy Batson, an orphaned and homeless newspaper boy, follows at the behest of a mysterious cloaked stranger into the very subways he sleeps for warmth. The stranger takes Billy to the wizard SHAZAM. The wizard entrust Billy with the task of battling the "Seven Deadly Enemies of Man": pride, envy, greed, hatred, selfishness, laziness and injustice. To become the "world's mightiest mortal" and call upon the power of Captain Marvel, Billy only need say the wizards name SHAZAM!
This all looks fantastic! (Pun intended)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; February 27th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:
WISDOM OF SOLOMON
I agree but that's why I have you guys .
Quote:
Quote:
STAMINA OF ATLAS
If you win initiative and there is at least one Order Marker on this card you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
Oops.
Quote:
Quote:
ZEUS AND ACHILLES
Truthfully, I wasn't thinking about synergies offered at the time but now that I am I still wouldn't be worried. Captain Marvel even as part of a team always did things his own way & wasn't much of a team player. This power is really aimed at stopping any special that can be directed at him, like curses, mind control, auto destroy & the likes. I know the wording still needs to be worked on, but again, that's why I have you guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
LIFE = 8

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = 420
Actually Supes has Move 7, Attack 7, and Defense 7, with 7 Life. I would like to see his stats match that because other than Marvel being Magic they are meant to be evenly matched. Yes, Supes has Kryptonian Defense, but he can't heal.
Yeah you are probably right. I started with Supes stats then when going through the SHAZAM powers I added the extra's as I stated. So I will take them back down.
Quote:
Quote:
WISDOM OF SOLOMON
Is this meant to be once a round or every time an opponent reveals an OM? How about "After an opponent reveals an Order Marker, you may choose one of your own unrevealed Order Markers remove it from where it is placed and place it on a different card. The Order Marker chosen must either be removed from this card or placed on this card when using Wisdom of Solomon." If it meant to be once per round, we can throw "Once per round..." in front of that.
No it's supposed to be each time. But the limiting fact is that OM can only be placed on or taken off Captain Marvel. This is him readjusting his strategy on the fly. So whilst the wording definitely needs work, yours doesn't cover it.
Quote:
STAMINA OF ATLAS
I really like this sorta healing/stamina power.
Quote:

ZEUS AND ACHILLES
Is this meant to be "avoids auto wounds and/or auto-destroys" or is it meant to bypass ALL other Special Powers? I think there is a big difference between those two answers. [/quote]
As above.
Quote:
Quote:
FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH

This all looks fantastic! (Pun intended)
Cheers
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:18 AM

Working on one power at a time:

WISDOM OF SOLOMON

Quote:
WISDOM OF SOLOMON
After an opponent reveals any Order Marker, you may move 1 unrevealed Order Marker either from this card to another Army Card you control, or from another Army Card you control to this card.
That spells it out more clearly but makes it a little longer.

Cheers
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:42 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I am not sure why this doesn't work. As you said it is meant to be every turn and thats what I did here as well.

Quote:
Wisdom of Solomon
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker, you may choose one of your own unrevealed Order Markers remove it from where it is placed and place it on a different card. The Order Marker chosen must either be removed from this card or placed on this card when using Wisdom of Solomon.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
I am not sure why this doesn't work. As you said it is meant to be every turn and thats what I did here as well.

Quote:
Wisdom of Solomon
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker, you may choose one of your own unrevealed Order Markers remove it from where it is placed and place it on a different card. The Order Marker chosen must either be removed from this card or placed on this card when using Wisdom of Solomon.
Because that doesn't focus on Captain Marvel. What I have does & still says it in less words .
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:28 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Working on one power at a time:

WISDOM OF SOLOMON

Quote:
WISDOM OF SOLOMON
After an opponent reveals any Order Marker, you may move 1 unrevealed Order Marker either from this card to another Army Card you control, or from another Army Card you control to this card.
That spells it out more clearly but makes it a little longer.

Cheers
It gets the job done, but I don't love it ... but I also don't have any better suggestions at the moment ... so apologies on that one.

Old February 28th, 2011, 02:29 AM

WISDOM OF SOLOMON
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker, you may choose one unrevealed Order Marker on any Army Card you control and place it on any other Army Card you control. The chosen Order Marker must either be removed from this card or placed on this card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library