Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 30th, 2022, 09:34 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker
Re: Utah Monthlies 2022

Votes will be due August 7th.

Last edited by BodaciousBlood; July 31st, 2022 at 10:38 AM.
Old July 30th, 2022, 09:50 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Hope today was great for you all! If you have any feedback on Stonework I would love to hear about it in the Tournament Map Feedback Thread! Thank you all for continuing to support multiple map makers in using their maps each month. It means the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
PAYLOAD

Objective: Glyph of Brandar in the middle of the map. Push the glyph to your opponent's startzone to win the game.
How to move the glyph: After revealing an OM and before taking that turn, if a figure you control is occupying the glyph. You may move that glyph up to 2 spaces. You must place the glyph on an unoccupied space.

WANDERING MONSTER

Objective: eliminate the opposing army
The Monster: Each map will have a predetermined neutral unique hero or squad in the center of the map. Either player may place their Order Markers on this neutral card and take a turn with that figure(s).

SHIFTING ALLIANCES

Objective: Each round you will be paired with a new partner to face off in a 2v2 team battle. Eliminate the opposing team to win.
The Twist: This will be a Bring 2 format. Each player will bring 2 armies. Before each game, after being paired up. You will work with your new partner to select one of your 2 armies to play in this round. Then select which of your partner's 2 armies they will play.
These all seem so much fun that I’m almost glad I’m not in Utah because that way I don’t have to vote! I think I’d only have Shifting Alliances listed 3rd because I played it at ScapeCon. But it was so much fun there that I would highly recommend it! I might recommend a “1 OM per round” limit on Wandering Monster. Otherwise it might be the monster moving back and forth the whole game. Ha!
Old August 8th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

UTAH MONTHLY AUGUST 2022

When: August 27th, 1:00 - 5:00 PM (Please arrive 10 minutes early to register)

Cost: $5 (100% of entree fees go to prize support!!)

Format: Random Teams Bring 2!!
We asked, and you answered! This month we'll be combining two formats for a fun new experience!

First off, this is a Bring 2 format, meaning that you'll bring 2 armies, and each round you'll choose which one you use. (You will only be choosing from your armies, instead of some formats where you pick from the combined pool.)

This will also be a random team format, so each round you get a new teammate to work with! Friends can become enemies, and vice-versa (so be extra sportsmanlike with your opponents, as they may very well be your partner in a later game)! Remember the rules regarding “friendly” vs. “you control” - Raelin won’t do anything for your partner, but Rhogar could (and be aware that glyphs are worded so that they only work for your army)!

At the start of each round, you and your teammate will discuss to decide which armies you both want to play. Then you and your opponents will reveal your decisions together (so no counter-drafting).
  • Bring 2 245 Point Armies
  • 10 Figure Limit
  • C3V & SoV allowed, Official Marvel NOT allowed this month
  • Raelin (RotV), Major Q9, Marro Warriors, Deathreavers, and Vulcanmech Incendiborgs are BANNED
  • Power Glyphs: Unique Attack +1, Move +2, Initiative +8, D20 +2, Wound
  • Treasure Glyphs: Elixir of Speed, Belt of Giant Strength, Ring of Protection, Scarab of Invulnerability, Brooch of Shielding
  • Four 50 minute rounds

List of Friendly vs You Control Synergies (found by @UtahScott )
Other notable figures: Kelda, Sonlen, Rhogar, Torin, Horned Skull Brutes, Morgoloth, Skull Demons, Count Raymond, Arktos, Beorn Boltcutter, Xundar, Shadow Hound, Clawfoot Interceptor, General Simon Fraser, Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands, Bugbear Basher

Raffle: Rambo
Keep track of how many points you kill over the course of the tournament. The one who gets the most points killed will get a bonus prize!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

BE SURE TO RSVP so we can be sure to accommodate maps, prizes, organizer sanity, etc. for all attendees. If you're planning on coming and don't see your name on the list be sure to bug me to get you on it!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 1st, 2022 at 09:02 PM.
Old August 25th, 2022, 11:43 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

@BiggaBullfrog , thank you for choosing Mome Raths for this month's tournament, and thanks @BodaciousBlood for bringing it!

I've just uploaded a tweaked version of the map. Here it is. Hope it plays well for y'all. Have a blast on Saturday.

Mome Raths Download PDF
Uses: 2 BftU, 1 TJ
Old August 27th, 2022, 10:47 AM

Starling_ Woo who?

I will be coming today. Possibly +3. Waiting for a response from them.
Old August 27th, 2022, 11:06 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling_ View Post
Starling! Welcome back! Hope things are going well for you and that you're handling the adjustment okay. I remember those first few months off the mission being pretty awkward. Maybe I'm just an awkward person though.

@Scaperedude was pretty awkward though too, so at least I'm not the only one.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old August 27th, 2022, 11:16 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Everybody's awkward. Look at Bigga--he turned into a frog...
Old August 27th, 2022, 11:28 AM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Everybody's awkward. Look at Bigga--he turned into a frog...
This is truth.

And ya gotta love Hugh Nibley.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old August 27th, 2022, 11:31 AM

PS - will somebody tell me if Valley of Skulls is ever worth playing at a tourney again? I still haven't played that one... and I never figured it for a really viable tourney map anyway...

Old August 27th, 2022, 01:05 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
PS - will somebody tell me if Valley of Skulls is ever worth playing at a tourney again? I still haven't played that one... and I never figured it for a really viable tourney map anyway...
We'll find out, I built it this morning.
Old August 27th, 2022, 07:13 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Hope today was great for you all! If you have any feedback on Stonework I would love to hear about it in the Tournament Map Feedback Thread! Thank you all for continuing to support multiple map makers in using their maps each month. It means the world!
Echo this! I'd be grateful for any feedback anyone might have on Mome Raths in the Tournament Map Feedback Thread.

As @heroscaper2010 says, THANK YOU for your willingness to try new maps every month — it's such a boon to our cartographers.
Old August 28th, 2022, 02:08 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling_ View Post
Starling! Welcome back! Hope things are going well for you and that you're handling the adjustment okay. I remember those first few months off the mission being pretty awkward. Maybe I'm just an awkward person though.

@Scaperedude was pretty awkward though too, so at least I'm not the only one.
Just the first few months back? Nah, the secret is to entirely embrace the awkward..... become the awkward you want to see in the world

H E R O S C A P E

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events