Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 4th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I suggest slowing your roll here and make a separate thread to discuss this guy.
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:07 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How big of a no-no would it be to make the Walking Turret special attack activate on a Gorillinator's turn (or some variant, such as Primadon)? I realize now that the current version permits a champion pod that would mean all 4 turrets using the special attack fairly easily, and I want to remedy that.

"Instead of attacking normally with a Gorillinator adjacent to a Gorriliturret, that Gorillinator may use the Walking Turret Special attack". I'd have to test Zaeus out the wazoo, might be too complicated.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old December 5th, 2014, 01:22 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

I like the idea of the Walking Turret ... really creative.

I also like the idea of breaking this out to its own thread.
Old December 5th, 2014, 02:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
How big of a no-no would it be to make the Walking Turret special attack activate on a Gorillinator's turn (or some variant, such as Primadon)? I realize now that the current version permits a champion pod that would mean all 4 turrets using the special attack fairly easily, and I want to remedy that.

"Instead of attacking normally with a Gorillinator adjacent to a Gorriliturret, that Gorillinator may use the Walking Turret Special attack". I'd have to test Zaeus out the wazoo, might be too complicated.
It does sound a little complicated.

Either way, I agree with Mega. This thread should be used for designs that are a little more clearly defined.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 5th, 2014, 07:58 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Throw this question here. How would the judges look upon an ability that referenced start zone spaces on a card? Is that a valid reference consideration?

(For example: +2 attack when attacking a figure in a start zone space, or +3 move when starting movement in a starting zone space)

Last edited by kevindola; December 5th, 2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: or does something already exist that I missed?
Old December 5th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Throw this question here. How would the judges look upon an ability that referenced start zone spaces on a card? Is that a valid reference consideration?

(For example: +2 attack when attacking a figure in a start zone space, or +3 move when starting movement in a starting zone space)
The Glyph of Sturla references startzones, so it has technically been officially referenced, but I imagine some people might still take issue with it given that sometimes there aren't any.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; December 5th, 2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: I think a boost power like that could be cool, though
Old December 5th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:

The Glyph of Sturla references startzones, so it has technically been officially referenced, but I imagine some people might still take issue with it given that sometimes there aren't any.
I'd think that since some army cards reference specific types of land spaces, start zone spaces wouldn't be any different.
Old December 5th, 2014, 09:28 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:

I'd think that since some army cards reference specific types of land spaces, start zone spaces wouldn't be any different.
Evar must not remember this big discussion that started from one of T-mac's customs he submitted to SOV: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ck#post1607752. His custom has been deleted, but the discussion about it hasn't, and start zone spaces being on no previous cards was one of the discussion points against it and the possible problems it causes.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old December 6th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post

Evar must not remember this big discussion that started from one of T-mac's customs he submitted to SOV: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ck#post1607752. His custom has been deleted, but the discussion about it hasn't, and start zone spaces being on no previous cards was one of the discussion points against it and the possible problems it causes.
Wow... a great debate too.

Anyway, referencing start zones... if there aren't any starting zones, then don't draft him.

It is worth noting that kevindola is suggesting a power that appears to be
very different from the T-mac's. In part it is hard to tell because the custom is gone, but it appears to be regarding special movement/placing of the custom?

Regardless, kevindola's power looks to be basic enough that it would work.
Of course, this then brings up the issue of if you can reference it for basic powers, then you have acknowledged its existence must then accept more complicated ones, unless a line is drawn. However, that line will inevitably be pushed around, turning it into a constant debate that will quickly get old, but will probably always have someone ready to take up arms.

Can't decide which side I'm on. Good thing it isn't my decision!
Old December 6th, 2014, 12:15 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Heat of Battle. What do you do?

My opinion would be that "in a start zone" at least according to Sturla rules, would be any valid position according to the start rules.

Unfortunately, that would mean that figures would be "in a start zone" much of the time, unless they were engaged, in which case they'd be never really in one.

My (tentative) position is that start zones should only be referenced when you place a figure in them (either a previously destroyed figure or moving a figure).
Old December 6th, 2014, 05:48 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Heat of Battle. What do you do?

My opinion would be that "in a start zone" at least according to Sturla rules, would be any valid position according to the start rules.

Unfortunately, that would mean that figures would be "in a start zone" much of the time, unless they were engaged, in which case they'd be never really in one.

My (tentative) position is that start zones should only be referenced when you place a figure in them (either a previously destroyed figure or moving a figure).
Iirc, Heat of Battle was designed as a game format not really as a Scenario Format. That being said, this startzone special power could technically work under the assumption that Heat of Battle ~does not~ have any technical starting spaces. It would only affect the custom in question by simply not giving the bonuses at all, making them weaker in this format overall.

As far as Sturla/Thanos is concerned with HoB starting zones, that's an ugly question in the first place and I can only legitimatly turn to my above thought as to why it shouldn't be applicable.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 6th, 2014, 01:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't think I would vote yes to review such a power.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards