Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

View Poll Results: Best Nightcrawler card. See current post
Nightcrawler 1 2 66.67%
Nightcrawler 2 1 33.33%
Nightcrawler 3 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 19th, 2010, 11:18 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Drewman-chu's new and improved? Hellfire Club White Que

Quote:
The only thing I don't love is that there's never a reason for Emma to use her normal attack. It's got a lower range, lower attack, and as worded both attacks are still subject to Psionic Force BlastYeah
I know what mean about her normal attack. I did consider making her normal attack a psionic one with a range, but liked using it a special attack because it is modeled after the cg3 Prof X. It is the same problem for his card with a better special attack. I will think over how to do the powers better but stay thematic. I will also change telepathic sedation power to affect only unique hero's. Should I also include Uncommon Heroes? Has it ever been done like that in a "Official Power"?
Old December 19th, 2010, 11:29 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Quote:
The only thing I don't love is that there's never a reason for Emma to use her normal attack. It's got a lower range, lower attack, and as worded both attacks are still subject to Psionic Force BlastYeah
I know what mean about her normal attack. I did consider making her normal attack a psionic one with a range, but liked using it a special attack because it is modeled after the cg3 Prof X. It is the same problem for his card with a better special attack. I will think over how to do the powers better but stay thematic. I will also change telepathic sedation power to affect only unique hero's. Should I also include Uncommon Heroes? Has it ever been done like that in a "Official Power"?
Uncommon Heroes are defined as "Unique" so any power that applies to unique figures also apply to uncommon figures.

Old December 20th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Simple fix is to trigger the Sedation off of a normal attack.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the help Confred. I thought of that but the power could really happen after either attack. I think I have a nice compromise that is still very thematic. I boosted her points up to 160. If anyone would like to play test her I would appreciate any input.

Old December 21st, 2010, 01:54 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

TELEPATHIC SEDATION
Each time Emma Frost inflicts a wound on a Unique Hero, you may roll the 20-sided die. ...

"Each time" is Deepwyrm Drow language
"you may" is for thematic reasons, as is, if somehow she wounds herself, she has to roll against herself.

Variation:
PSYCHIC DEFENSE
Any time a figure without the Mental Shield special power attacks Emma Frost or a friendly figure within 3 spaces of Emma Frost and rolls at least one skull, you may remove the Order Marker X from this card to immediately end the turn. Damage is never dealt and the figures receive no wounds.

Having "X" at the end of "PSYCHIC DEFENSE" seems unneeded because how would it modulate, PSYCHIC DEFENSE 1 - Remove Order Marker 1?
I'm not sure if the range should care about the defending figure and not the attacking, but it sure is easier to word this way.
I originally thought that Removing the Order Marker X is good enough to not have to say once per round. But then, what if there were a trickster figure that added Order Marker X's? She would unthematically increase in power. So perhaps she should have both statements. But then why even need the marker? Once per round should suffice. Then again, the power could evolve from this dialogue - She could use the power by removing any order marker. She could sacrifice turns to protect. ..
I used "Any time" instead of "Each time" to not confuse people into thinking that somehow she can use the power even without having proper OM's.
The last part of the power is the cloudy part. I vaguely remember that "If you do," language is unofficial to Heroscape and better suited for Magic: The Gathering. Also. You remove the marker to do something, to end the turn in this case. HS doesn't like to leave such things hanging. Ie no: "trigger, remove marker.period.", yes: "trigger, remove marker to do something." Then since we're not using "If you do," simply clarify in sentence form. "Damage is never dealt and the figures receive no wounds." .. [Reference: area effect powers]
/

Last edited by Confred; December 21st, 2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:26 PM

Thanks I will change the language of Psychic Sedation. I took "Psychic Defense" directly from the cg3 Prof X card. I thought they worked out all the language kinks?

Last edited by Drewman-chu; December 21st, 2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:00 AM

Professor X was a behind-the-scenes promo custom and I didn't have a hand in editing him. He would have been cleaner, I believe.

C3G is great for ideas and power levels, but not always so with elegance.
In addition to C3G, I would check out Matt Helm's customs.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the info Confred. I will use your wording for both powers and will defer to you when any wording issues come up. I appreciate all your help.
Old December 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM

White Queen updated

Last edited by Drewman-chu; December 30th, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old December 30th, 2010, 10:08 AM

Next up is Donald Pierce

Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:05 AM

Re: Drewman-chu's new and improved? Hellfire Club Donald Pi

Next is Mastermind.

Old January 4th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Drewman-chu's new and improved? Hellfire Club Mastermin

I'm a bit confused by Master of Illusions. Do you take a turn with the figure you temporarily control. Does control of the character return after taking that turn? If that's what you're trying to do, you will probably need to word it almost exactly like Mind Exchange.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations