Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Notices

Old August 8th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
2. The Rulebook says that Planeswalkers can only summon/cast spells and figures that have the same manna symbol and/or color.
or be an artifact army card. (page 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 10th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This is a question and a comment. The first scenario map set up created a Line of Sight issue. When the two ruins are next to one another as shown on the set up, there is a slight gap between them such that the other side can be seen. The question is whether or not that is intentional.

In theory, it allows summoning on the other side of the ruins and ranged attacks through the gap. In practice, we found it was a huge disadvantage for non-ranged figures with no good way to get around the ruin and, looking at the set up instructions showing a solid line there, we ruled that there is no visibility through that gap. Has anyone ruled differently? How's that working?

~Aldin, eye sea ewe

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 10th, 2015, 01:50 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Interesting; the only constant table rule we use here in Scape is that you CAN't shoot between evergreen trees; a similar treatment.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I never liked ClassicScape's height-climb restriction. I feel if the figure has enough Move to move, he should be able to do it.

Did AotP trim this limitation, or did it adopt it?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old August 11th, 2015, 09:34 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It adopts it.

~Aldin, spider-climbingly

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 11th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Frown; thanks for the response Aldin. I'll be sure to adjust some of my customs

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old August 12th, 2015, 09:59 AM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

I picked up a copy of this yesterday, after having read through the rules, I thought I had a pretty solid understanding. When I got to looking through the cards, I noticed that the Squads all have life totals of more than 1. How does one keep track of life totals per figure represented on the appropriate army card? Is there anything in the rulebook I may have missed that addresses this?
Old August 12th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The rulebook screwed it up but you're supposed to put wound makers on the figure's base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 12th, 2015, 10:36 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Can I use "misdirection" to move a hidden enchantment that has been flipped?

With "call to heel" does the attacker lose their attack or does the Unsummon happen after the roll?
Old August 13th, 2015, 09:19 AM

My interpretation is that misdirection can move a hidden enchantment that has been flipped and that call to heel removes the attacker before the attack.

~Aldin, ready for the FAQ

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 13th, 2015, 04:21 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

Nissa's Expedition: Does Nissa's Expedition effect her Sprint ability?

Dual Casting: Does the spell I cast as a result of casting Dual Casting count towards my 3-spell per turn limit?

Chandra's Outrage: If my opponent(s) only control Planeswalkers, can Chandra's Outrage still be cast?

In my opinion:

1: No, because Nissa's Sprint move value is a separate value from her natural move value. Think Ninjas of the Northern Wind with their disappearing act. It has a fixed value that is unchanged by modifiers, such as movement glyphs.

2: No, because if Dual Casting were cast ad my 3rd spell, its effect would have to be negated.

3: No, because Planeswalkers are not considered creatures, and with no creatures controlled by an opponent(s), there is no valid target. In the TCG, if I cast a spell which targets a creature, and that creature leaves play for whatever reason before my spell resolves, it's considered cast on an invalid target and it's effect is negated.

Thoughts from anyone else? These are just a few questions that came up during a 3-game cycle I played with a friend last night. I have a short background in M:tG, but we both are experienced Heroscape players.

Last edited by bradtato; August 13th, 2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: One more question to add, and to insert my opinion of the answers
Old August 14th, 2015, 01:07 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtato View Post
Dual Casting: Does the spell I cast as a result of casting Dual Casting count towards my 3-spell per turn limit?

2: No, because if Dual Casting were cast ad my 3rd spell, its effect would have to be negated.
My response is, yes it does. It reads; "Play a red sorcery from your graveyard that you played this turn," not "copy a red sorcery." I can't think of any AotP card currently that copies a spell, but in Magic, casting (or playing) a card is not the same as copying a card or effect (a copied spell or ability immediately goes on "The Stack" and not cast). Granted, WotC could just be trying to avoid the concept of "The Stack" even though its how you resolve multiple instances.

Dual Casting specifically states you must play a sorcery from your graveyard that you played this turn.

But I don't have a rulebook in front of me to see if there's an FAQ.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs