Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 26th, 2020, 11:38 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsKnight View Post
In Thormun’s Journal (Entry #27 to be exact) it says this about Vydar, “His wings are great black-feathered things.” I assume Vydar’s people would have similar wings.

Also in Entry #45 it says, “The large carrion birds that have followed us for so long through the mountains are finally descending. As I prepare myself for battle, Raelin points out that these are not birds. They are Kyrie of the Moon Tribe.” Last time I checked, birds don’t have insect-like wings.
This is great info. So the copper-colored man could be a Kyrie from Aquilla and the blue woman could be a Kyrie from Vydar.
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:57 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
In Thormun’s Journal (Entry #27 to be exact) it says this about Vydar, “His wings are great black-feathered things.” I assume Vydar’s people would have similar wings.

Also in Entry #45 it says, “The large carrion birds that have followed us for so long through the mountains are finally descending. As I prepare myself for battle, Raelin points out that these are not birds. They are Kyrie of the Moon Tribe.” Last time I checked, birds don’t have insect-like wings.
This is great info. So the copper-colored man could be a Kyrie from Aquilla and the blue woman could be a Kyrie from Vydar.
That entry doesn't say anything about wings. At a distance it's hard to see any details.

I strongly believe we would be doing the game a disservice if we were to make Aquilla kyrie similar to other kyrie. Each general has a different variation of a "winged human," and I love that the ODs did that. Insectoid wings is a major "winged human" variation that doesn't yet exist.

Note, also, that the Journal says the Moon Tribe kyrie have red-brown skin.
Old May 27th, 2020, 10:34 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That entry doesn't say anything about wings. At a distance it's hard to see any details.

I strongly believe we would be doing the game a disservice if we were to make Aquilla kyrie similar to other kyrie. Each general has a different variation of a "winged human," and I love that the ODs did that. Insectoid wings is a major "winged human" variation that doesn't yet exist.

I really need to read those journals! What about the blue girl? Is Vydar ok for her?
Old May 27th, 2020, 10:51 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I really need to read those journals! What about the blue girl? Is Vydar ok for her?
I only sort-of care about those little details in the Journal. It would be nice to match, but we do what we do.

I agree that the first posted figure has Ullar-style wings. Personally, I'm in the Vydar camp for the scythe chick. My own idea for Vydar would have been sci-fi wings, but the Journal not only tells us what Vydar himself looks like but there was a drawing of him.
Old May 27th, 2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I agree that the first posted figure has Ullar-style wings. Personally, I'm in the Vydar camp for the scythe chick. My own idea for Vydar would have been sci-fi wings, but the Journal not only tells us what Vydar himself looks like but there was a drawing of him.
Awesome stuff! Thank you and everyone else who helped with the Kyrie background. I was so into reading the compendium and learning about Kyrie yesterday that I went to type out Eldgrim's full name in an army yesterday and typed "Eldgrim the Kyrie Warrior" before realizing my foolish mistake.
Old June 6th, 2020, 04:18 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm closing in on the final stages of prepping Rujin 2.0 just wanted to swing him by here real quick.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 8th, 2020, 11:04 AM

Hmm... the previous regenerating version felt more troll-ish, but then Krug doesn't regenerate so it's clearly not necessary.

It's a fine design. Thick skin is pretty neat, though it's somewhat odd that it's really a negative power (-1 defense against specials) in the guise of a positive one (since most attacks are normal). Territorial pulls in the swamp troll theme, and Devour works with Thick Skin to keep him going against squaddies, even with only one attack.
Old June 8th, 2020, 12:21 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Thick skin is pretty neat, though it's somewhat odd that it's really a negative power (-1 defense against specials) in the guise of a positive one (since most attacks are normal).

Technically this is more or less the case with Tough too... just a matter of point of view I guess.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old June 8th, 2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Thick skin is pretty neat, though it's somewhat odd that it's really a negative power (-1 defense against specials) in the guise of a positive one (since most attacks are normal).

Technically this is more or less the case with Tough too... just a matter of point of view I guess.
Well, Tough gives an auto-shield, which isn't something represented by stats. Rujin is really Defense 3, except rolls one less defense against special attacks.
Old June 8th, 2020, 01:18 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hmm... the previous regenerating version felt more troll-ish, but then Krug doesn't regenerate so it's clearly not necessary.

It's a fine design. Thick skin is pretty neat, though it's somewhat odd that it's really a negative power (-1 defense against specials) in the guise of a positive one (since most attacks are normal). Territorial pulls in the swamp troll theme, and Devour works with Thick Skin to keep him going against squaddies, even with only one attack.
Yeah, I'm making him a Valhalla Troll like I originally planned way back when. His last iteration was more a D&D troll with regenerate, but I decided that Thick Skin could be a defining feature of Valhalla Trolls (Krug being from Feylund). I also wanted some differentiation in stats, as well as I liked the theme that against normal bullets or swords his skin is hard to get through, but against fire breath and orbs of pain his skin doesn't really "hold up" against that kinda stuff.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 8th, 2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, Tough gives an auto-shield, which isn't something represented by stats. Rujin is really Defense 3, except rolls one less defense against special attacks.
So, is that a bad thing? or a good one? I can't tell your stance. I guess I could just make his defense 3 and then give him a negative ability that state he "subtracts one from his defense against SA's". But that doesn't seem to evoke the same kind of theme. I don't know. I guess I could just make his defense 1 and give him tough instead...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 8th, 2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So, is that a bad thing? or a good one? I can't tell your stance. I guess I could just make his defense 3 and then give him a negative ability that state he "subtracts one from his defense against SA's". But that doesn't seem to evoke the same kind of theme. I don't know. I guess I could just make his defense 1 and give him tough too...
I dunno. It feels weird, but there's nothing technically wrong with it. I guess I'm ok with it, but I don't know how the rest of VC will view it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards