Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 22nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
LeftOn4ya's Customs - DC, Marvel, JLA, X-Men (TNT Worthy?)

Its been a long time coming, but I just redid all the cards over again, updating fonts & thumbnails, and changing text to match official wording for the same or similar powers. Most of these are in my opinion a combination and slight improvement to the already great cards created, so great props goes to the creators of the cards already on here, although I did add some original ideas. I think many might be candidates for TNT (besides ones that already are) as they do combine the best of powers and stats. But it's my opinion and I can't nominate.

I used GIMP for the cards, using templates on the site (big ups to GreyOwl's tools & templates), and since I mostly used HeroClix figures, I took the official thumbnails from their site and used it as the figure for the card, including for Hit/LOS thumb. I think this is in line with official cards having pics of figures, although most of Super Customs here have comic book pics which look cool and I guess are more universal than a specific figure. I have decent but not the most creative backgrounds, but did fairly fast, although creating the cards still took at least half an hour per card on the first draft. If you think the figure picture and background are the only thing that need to change - let me know if you want to help.

Play tested all, but some only once or twice while others more, revising after some plays. I think the overall stats are good, but would appreciate any suggestions, especially the point value upon play testing.

If you want, I can email anyone the GIMP .xcf files so you can tweak on your own. For full res images (300dpi) for printing, click on the name or go to my Photobucket Albums to download photos.

This post is:
4 Batman/Gotham: Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Joker
4 other Justice Leaguers: Aquaman, Flash, Green Arrow, Superman
10 X-Men: Beast, Colossus, Cyclops, Dazzler, Iceman, Marvel Girl (aka Jean Grey), Morph, Mystique, Professor X, Wolverine
6 Marvel characters cards: Elektra, Gravity, Human Torch, Iron Fist, Speedball, Yellowjacket (I have yet to see Gravity or Speedball on any Heroscapers post, while Iron Fist & Yellowjacket are almost identical to ones on site)

DC
Batman/Gotham:

Batman
Based on Iambatman-TNT, but I paired down the stats as I thought he should equal Spiderman (Spiderman does have super-human strength). Decreased defense but increased chance of "I am the Night" & added Counter-strike block.

Batgirl
Based on GreyOwl's Batgirl as well as Batman, but I paired down the stats. The best power obviously works when you have another Crime Fighter/Vigilante.

Joker
More of a reverse Red Skull than anything. Weak defense, but you never have to put an order marker on him.

Nightwing
Props to Iambatman, but I thought Nightwing needed gliding. Also, counter strike w/ 5 defense is nice.

Justice League:

Aquaman
Combined & tweaked IAmBatman & GreyOwl. Obviously, this char is only good on map with water, which becomes a gauntlet with Aquaman.

The Flash
Kinda combined all powers from GreyOwl Iambatman, and Sherman Davies, but also added Quick Escape, and changed wording. He might be priced too little, as he can attack 3 times or twice then run away, and have a hard time getting attacked.

Green Arrow
I kinda went crazy with the 3 awesome attacks options here - but he's the Emerald Archer - c'mon. His weak defense and life counter his up to 10 attack with height/bonus.

Superman
This is probably the first one I made - so kinda added all his powers - for a whopping 375 cost. He can take out Hulk and Silver Surfer along with almost anyone with healing.

Marvel

Marvel:

X-men:
Beast
More like Allskulls, but upped his stats. He is really fast with 7 move and not counting elevation.

Colossus
Kinda combined Allskulls, GreyOwl, Lotus, & Prospect. With these stats, he's hard to kill, does damage, and is probably the best to use strategically.

Cyclops
Like Monk's & Prospect's. My favorite feature is the Aura (not just adjacent) and having it boost D20 roles - can be deadly if you have a lot of chars that rely on D20 powers. This with ranged counterstrike make him way better than Captain America, even though the rest is similar.

Dazzler
Started by modding hi1hi1hi1hi1, but make her actually be quite good. The Blinding Defense is similar to Nakita agents' Smoke Powder and works great.

Iceman
Everyone else's custom had Ice Gliding - and he should. Freeze breath is like Silver Surfer's cosmic force, and his Ice shield defense is a nice boost.

Marvel Girl (Classic Jean Grey)
Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) & Professor X are the most unique of mine and kinda mimic each other, with Professor X being more powerful. See how the order read plays out - it may be of critical strategic value or may not provide any real help.

Morph
Did not see this Morph listed previously. Surprise attack with stealth flying can be deadly.

Mystique
Most like Macg's, but kinda unique. I need to redo her, as the wording is not what I want - should change "figure" to "player" meaning if she does not attack a player she cannot be attacked, otherwise when undercover, she's pretty much invincible.

Professor Xavier
Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) & Professor X are the most unique of mine and kinda mimic each other, with Professor X being more powerful. See how the order read plays out - it may be of critical strategic value or may not provide any real help.

Wolverine
Other than having healing (of course he has to have that) not much unique to him, although I may add a skillful strike later. Made the healing occurrences good, but not too good.

Other Marvel:

Elektra
Kinda combined allskulls, GreyOwl & Prospect's. I like the fact that to be resurrected you need a Ninjas and/or Disciplined characters on your team. Ability to attack twice to adjacent or ranged is nice.

Gravity
First time I've seed this card - actually only made it cause I got this figure in a pack. The Gravity well is great to have any of your characters fly while hindering opponent's movement. Use strategically.

Human Torch
Just combined all powers on GreyOwl, hi1hi1hi1hi1, Prospect, & Whitestuff's. With Flame On & Nova Blast, you can hit multiple characters twice.

Iron Fist
Almost exactly like Macg's. Tweaked to up normal and special attack.

Speedball
First time I've seed this card - actually only made it cause I got this figure in a pack. He's a quick little fellow and can move even when defending.

Yellow Jacket
Almost exactly like GreyOwl's. I really liked his card, so just modded to fit my figure style.

There are some synergies, but mostly just general boosts, so these are best played with only Hero or other high powered cards. I hope you like, but I do take criticism on both content and style. Again, I know all most characters are already created, but I kinda mixed and maxed my favorite abilities & stats as well as designed them the way I wanted. Play test these stats if you like.

Hopefully more card posts on the way!

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 24th, 2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: I had the wrong green arrow - how ironic
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: 10 Retooled X-Men Cards. Opinions please!

Welcome to the site!

Nice cards for your first attempts. I don't have time right now for any detailed feedback, but I do want to mention that in Heroscape, capes are considered targetable hitzones. If they weren't, caped figures would be kind of invulnerable from the rear.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Welcome to the site!

Nice cards for your first attempts. I don't have time right now for any detailed feedback, but I do want to mention that in Heroscape, capes are considered targetable hitzones. If they weren't, caped figures would be kind of invulnerable from the rear.
Are you sure about that?

(And yes, Johnny can be hit from behind.)
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:45 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the input. Yeah, it has always been my impression that when playing and determining LOS, you try and pretend the cape doesn't exist, meaning you can shoot through it from the back or side, but if all you can see is part of the cape that a figure is not behind, it doesn't count as a hit zone.

After looking at the official cards, they do differ whether the cape is "red" or not, but in my opinion it doesn't matter as long as you follow the guideline of ignoring capes when playing. I just think it looks cooler being grayed out. This also would be applied for Professor X's wheelchair, but not for weapons as they can act as kinda shields. However if others disagree or have more concrete evidence or a link to a forum specifically on this, I can always change the cards.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Again, your customs look good, but you should keep all your customs in one thread.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
After looking at the official cards, they do differ whether the cape is "red" or not, but in my opinion it doesn't matter as long as you follow the guideline of ignoring capes when playing. However if others disagree or have more concrete evidence or a link to a forum specifically on this, I can always change the cards.
Well, if you check out Dr. Doom's card or Red Skull's card, you'll see that the official Marvelscape style is to make capes legal hitzones.
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:44 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
After looking at the official cards, they do differ whether the cape is "red" or not, but in my opinion it doesn't matter as long as you follow the guideline of ignoring capes when playing. However if others disagree or have more concrete evidence or a link to a forum specifically on this, I can always change the cards.
Well, if you check out Dr. Doom's card or Red Skull's card, you'll see that the official Marvelscape style is to make capes legal hitzones.
In fact, I believe that ever since Johnny, no one has had an impervious cape.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 27th, 2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Again, your customs look good, but you should keep all your customs in one thread.
Thanks again. Yea, I just merged/combined all my customs into this thread - thanks for the suggestion. I also added comments and links to full res images.
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:06 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: LeftOn4ya's Customs - DC, Marvel, JLA, X-Men (TNT Worthy

I know it stinks not to get any detailed feedback. i'll do what I can, sorry its so late. If it gets to nitpicky, just tell me, put I tried to point out everything I could:

BATMAN
~ Bat-A-Rang SA, there don't need to be colons after "Range" or "Attack", but officially there is a period after "Range 6."
~ Other than that I know you shortened the text alot to make it fit, you could try just making the text smaller if you want the full versions of the power on the card. I know if your looking for TNT status, then it was always encouraged to have the entire power. (Except in the case of Flying where we used GreyOwl's cool symbol.)
~ "I Am the Night" says "beteen" instead of between.

BATGIRL
~ She might be a bit expenisve, that's all.

JOKER
~ I think you could simplify Joker's Wild: "After revealing an Order Marker, instead of taking that turn with that figure, you may take a turn with Joker."
~ You should clean up the wording on Flower Venom Spray, your missing some words, "the," "figure," "if."
~ I think you could reword the last power to be more specific. "An opponent can never take a turn with Joker as a result of any special ability."

NIGHTWING
~ The colons again, and you should copying the wording for Bat-A-Rang.
~ Gliding doesn't make sense. Maybe, "If Nightwing ends his movement on a space lower or equal to the level of the space he began his movement, Nightwing may ignore elevations...." Still that seems a weird way to put it.

AQUAMAN
~ Water Telepathy is very cool.
~ He might be a bit expensive too.

FLASH
~ Phantom Run, what does count all terrain as 1 mean? Is that for Heavy Snow and Ice, or for elevation changes?
~ Why the X in Hyper Speed? To differentiate between Silver Surfer's?
~ You might want to combine Hyper Speed X and Triple Attack. At least remname Triple Attack because it gives the impression that it is exactly like Double Attack, but it is not.
~ Three attacks of 4 is very powerful. I know he costs 260, but coupled with the fact that he doesn't always have to roll defense dice I think he might cost even more. My experiance with Speedsters is always that they cost more than I anticipate.

GREEN ARROW
~ You need to clarify the last part of Double Attack. Can he use one of them first then attack again with a normal attack? or can he only attack twice if he uses a normal attack both times? And technically attacking with Deadly Shot is still using a normal attack. Maybe "green Arrow cannot attack twice if he has used any special abilities this turn." It should have a different name because it is not traditional Double Attack.
~ In Trick Shot Special Attack, you don't need to say "Does not apply to Deadly Shot" since Deadly Shot only works with normal attacks.
~ Deadly Shot is already an official power and your power is not the same, I would change the name to avoid confusion.
~ After Range in the Special Attack you have a comma instead of a period.

SUPERMAN
~ For Flying you can use GreyOwl's symbol.
~ There are colons again.
~ Hyper Speed should copy the words from Silver Surfer exactly.
~ I think X-Ray & Heat Vision SA is a very cool power, nicely done.

-----------------------

As for TNTs there haven't been any new TNT's cards in a long time. The people who do them have been a little busy and haven't found enough time to commit to the process.

At least that's my excuse.

Old January 6th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

That awesome flying symbol wasn't my invention. I thought allskulls came up with that...?
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My bad GreyOwl, thought that was you.

Old January 6th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, I DO use it a lot...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations