Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 9th, 2016, 09:56 AM

Calim knows what's in an order marker Calim knows what's in an order marker
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

When I finally started paying attention to the awesome and persistent efforts of the great people here about a year ago, I went on a spree trying to hunt all the figures down. Every time I did happen to run across any Ram figures, in box or not, they were prohibitively expensive. Low prices for a single figure were $35+ and a complete box was going in excess of $400. I then made it my mission to find economical and accessible proxies that at least mildly resembled the same figures. I've been painting and assembling miniatures on this scale for 20 years with some custom work, chopping and touchup jobs. Got a few hobby knife scars to prove it too. I've seen other people post on here about looking for proxies and I just haven't had the time to take pictures and show off my suggestions as I've 3 kids ranging in ages from 5 months to 14 years old. The assembly and the paint work needs to be done still but I'll try to make some time soon to take pictures and post them soon.
Old February 9th, 2016, 11:36 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Miniature availability is hard problem and one that probably won't go away anytime soon. We can't predict which figures will still be available in 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. years. This project started releasing figures 3 or 4 years ago and has no plans on stopping anytime soon.

Personally I would love to see C3V put out some repaints of RotV and/or SotM figures, or other common figures (like Warriors of Ashra or maybe Elf Wizards). There doesn't seem to be much internal interest in doing something like that, but there is also the SoV.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 9th, 2016, 11:56 AM

Calim knows what's in an order marker Calim knows what's in an order marker

I could do requests on the side so long as I'm compensated for time & materials. Looking for some side income being a full-time student and all. I could definitely take some time to take pics of my work and come to some arrangement for those interested.
Old February 9th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

I think the assumption that there are lots of master set figures floating around might be exaggerated.

over time the extra figures have been sold off, given away or moded, or people didn't have them in the first place. Also there is the issue of painting (something VC has been very much against) and the distinctive Ness of the figures. Woo, Skahen and Hawthorne very much stand out from monks agents and knights. It might be tricky to get the same results with other figures.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old February 9th, 2016, 08:56 PM
The Real Zombieland

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I was lucky enough to find a Confrontation Wolfen Army Box still in stock at Miniature Market, so at least I won't have to hunt that down.
Old February 26th, 2016, 12:54 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

One thing that I would love to see come out of the customs community is LITERAL custom sculpts. I believe there has got to be somebody or a group in this community who can put out some decent sculpts and can make molds and paint quickly but efficiently and of course have the cards be designed as they are now... and have it be crowd funded for the materials. I personally am starting to dabble in sculpting and have a small waves worth of ideas but it would be cool to collaborate with people on this. I feel that this is something that C3V could get behind.... but just a fanciful suggestion.

My Trade List New Painted AOTP Figures!
Old February 26th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds like a pretty awesome idea to me, if you can pull it off!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 8th, 2016, 10:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius23__14 View Post
One thing that I would love to see come out of the customs community is LITERAL custom sculpts. I believe there has got to be somebody or a group in this community who can put out some decent sculpts and can make molds and paint quickly but efficiently and of course have the cards be designed as they are now... and have it be crowd funded for the materials. I personally am starting to dabble in sculpting and have a small waves worth of ideas but it would be cool to collaborate with people on this. I feel that this is something that C3V could get behind.... but just a fanciful suggestion.
Hand sculpting, Molding, copying, then painting takes quite a bit of time for an individual. I have been dabbling in this for a while now. Its a very neat idea, but as batman said, if you can pull it off.
Old March 9th, 2016, 07:30 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Hand sculpting, Molding, copying, then painting takes quite a bit of time for an individual. I have been dabbling in this for a while now. Its a very neat idea, but as batman said, if you can pull it off.
Which is why a collaboration would be ideal, if one person makes good sculpts and another person makes good molds and another person paints well I think that would be cool!

Old March 9th, 2016, 08:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius23__14 View Post
Quote:
Which is why a collaboration would be ideal, if one person makes good sculpts and another person makes good molds and another person paints well I think that would be cool!
The cost of shipping it around to get all of those things done also drives the cost of the minis up as well. That is the primary reason these projects use prepainted minis available online. Just some things I've already thought about. I do like the idea though.
Old March 9th, 2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
The cost of shipping it around to get all of those things done also drives the cost of the minis up as well. That is the primary reason these projects use prepainted minis available online. Just some things I've already thought about. I do like the idea though.
Okay you got me I'll just see how far I get on my own I think the only obstacle for me right now would be balancing cards, time, and finding enough interest to offset the cost of a mold making kit which is the only thing I don't have and will eventually need. Thanks TREX for your words of wisdom!

Old March 10th, 2016, 07:30 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fyi, thought I'd note that a kickstarter for Cthulhu for Pathfinder is underway:

As part of this, there are a lot of Cthulhu miniatures (plastic, 28mm, fully assembled, unpainted) bundled in various packs including Horde packs for cultists, Deep Ones, Moonbeasts, Ghasts, mutants, and ghouls.

These are the same miniatures as designed and produced for Cthulhu Wars and are just the right size for Heroscape in the event that you want some Mythos-related figures to develop from.

I believe as in similar kickstarters that you can choose a backer option without a specific pledge level just for the amount of the specific miniature add-ons desired.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs