Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old April 19th, 2014, 09:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth
Re: HoME Playtesting Thread

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 5th, 2014, 06:13 PM

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

How is everyone feeling about Gandalf at this point? Thoughts?

--
--
Old May 5th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
How is everyone feeling about Gandalf at this point? Thoughts?
From the General Discussion thread:
Quote:
I'd prefer that Gandalf be competitive, but I'd rather yield and see this project move forward. I had fun playing Gandalf (the original version). I had more fun playing my new version (4 Attack for Blazing Strike, and scatter after Blazing Strike--both seemed to add a lot to Gandalf's gameplay). But I'm willing and ready to vote yes on either the original version at 150-165 points or Caps' reduced-power version at 120-130 (which SoA seems to like). We need to keep this moving. -WK
If we were to ask everyone to vote...

Options
1) Original version, 150-165 points.
2) Stronger version, 180 points (with 4 Attack for Blazing Strike and scatter after Blazing Strike)
3) Reduced life version, 120-130 points (6 life, move 4 figures with Leadership--figures end movement within 3 spaces of Gandalf)

I would vote:
1 - yes
2 - yes
3 - yes

Last edited by White Knight; May 5th, 2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old May 5th, 2014, 08:03 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I had more fun playing my new version (4 Attack for Blazing Strike, and scatter after Blazing Strike--both seemed to add a lot to Gandalf's gameplay)
I'm with the updated and stronger Gandalf version.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 01:43 AM

So it looks like SoA prefers the nerfed version, I prefer what we had, but I'm okay with the nerfed version, while WK and faure prefer the beefy version but WK is okay with a compromise.

Have I got it right? Faure, are you okay with either of the other two versions or only the more expensive one?

What about you infectedsloth?

--
--
Old May 23rd, 2014, 02:40 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm in favor of the 150 or 130 version.

ScapeCon Championship Fantasy Draft: : Deadline July 29th
ScapeCon: July 29th-Aguest 1th
Trade Thread: Updated 5/11/2021

Calling all Las Vegas Scapers!
Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:48 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While I prefer the beefy version, I'm ok to try out nerf version.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:54 PM

If elvenwizard wants to weigh in beforehand, he should do so, but it looks to me, WK, like you have enough support to propose either further playtesting with the 130-point version, or a move out of playtesting with the original design at 150-155 points. Since you are the Lead, I think it is your choice which direction you want to take the design at this point.

--
--
Old May 25th, 2014, 10:15 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

It seems like there is most support to try out the lower cost version of Gandalf. That means the following version now needs playtesting:

Quote:
NAME = GANDALF
GENERAL = JANDAR
SPECIES = MAIA
PLANET = ARDA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WIZARD
PERSONALITY = WISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

STATS, MASTER/BASIC
LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 130

BLAZING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
All figures adjacent to Gandalf are affected by Blazing Strike Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. At the end of your turn, after using Blazing Strike Special Attack, you may move Gandalf up to 4 spaces. Gandalf does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving this way.

LEADERSHIP
After taking a turn with Gandalf, you may move up to 4 small or medium figures you control up to 4 spaces each. Any figures moved by Leadership must end their movement within 3 spaces of Gandalf. Figures moved by Leadership do not take leaving engagement attacks.
Old May 25th, 2014, 11:32 PM

Alright. I will try to run some tests with him before too long. Any preferences on armies you run him with or against? I do have some ideas already.

Also, I'd like to reiterate my request that we try to use something resembling Viegon's "Unit Sum-Ups" to track the effect of the individual army card on the game, both here and elsewhere.

--
--
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Alright. I will try to run some tests with him before too long. Any preferences on armies you run him with or against? I do have some ideas already.
Gandalf seems to do well with:

- Raelin (RotV)
- Agent Skahen
- Kaemon Awa
- Tandros Kreel
- Siege
- Syvarris and Kyntela Gwyn
- Captain America
- Iron Man
Old May 26th, 2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Any preferences on armies you run him with or against?
I had good success running him with: Sir Gilbert, Eldgrim, Shotgun Sullivan, and Knights of Weston. With the drop in Gandalf's points you could easily add in Sir Orrick, or swap out Eldgrim for Thorgrim (or Raelin) for defensive protection.

Moriko was another figure I used for some versatile attacking.

Given the Middle Earth flavor, orc/troll armies are good, but tough opposition.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs