Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old January 31st, 2024, 12:02 PM

lxnrhinners has disabled reputation
Exclamation CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD! — Heroscapers.com Data Leaked

Hey y'all... It's been ages since I've logged in, but I still think about this site (and the game we love) frequently.

Alas, my return is as the bearer of bad news: an absolutely MASSIVE data leak has just been discovered, and Heroscapers.com is among more than 3,800 databases compomised. Not only does this possibly endanger your security in logging into this site, bad actors could trace your credentials to other potential sites to exploit.

You can read more about this record-breaking incident here:
https://cybernews.com/security/billions-passwords-credentials-leaked-mother-of-all-breaches/

I'm not the boss of anyone, but it's probably a good idea to change your password, even if you've done so recently. I'd also recommend changing the password for your associated email, as well as any other sites for which you uses the same or similar password. (Yes, I know they always warn against using the same password in multiple places, but we're only human... Unfortunately, the tirelessly web-crawling hackerbots are not.)

If someone could inform the appropriate admins about this, in case higher levels of action need to be taken, I'd appreciate it. I apologize if sounding this alarm isn't following proper forum decorum; again, I haven't stayed in touch with this community for quite a while... but I'd hate to see it crumble to any new threats.

Be safe out there.

~ If we knew the meaning of life, life would have no meaning. ~

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online