Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 09:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I wasn’t sure which thread to ask this in so this one looked right. I was considering trying out some of the custom stuff, but it’s a bit overwhelming when trying to narrow it down to either C3V, SoV, C3G, or HOSS. I have done a little looking and it seems to me that the least expensive route is C3G. Is that correct? Money is a big deciding factor. The next question is where to start? There are so many figures to choose from. Would a couple of the armies from this thread be a good place to start?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=36882

And do you all change your bases? If so what size are they and where can I get them? I saw the following in another thread. Is it the best place to get them? http://www.impactminiatures.com/

My main focus is on classic scape right now but I would like to know where to go from there.
In addition to that link, here is a spin off link with the top 10 armies of each price range. We need to get back on that and bring it back into play.

First thing I'd say is to pick what you like. I like Batman so we started with some batfamily and villains and played with them for awhile and then went with some Spider-man allies and the Sinster 12 figures. We followed that up with a Mutant "Pack" and grew it into more. My son likes Teen Titans/Young Justice so we picked up a bunch of those figures and their villains.

If you are an Avengers fan I'd pick up a Marvel Master Set and then fill out a few figures from that. You get Cappy, Hulk, and Iron man as a good base that with the Regular card and the C3G cards you get plenty of variation as you can proxy the Iron Man figure with any of the cards and you get two Captain America cards with that one figure. We even use the Captain America figure with the Commander Rogers card.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 09:22 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Do you have the Marvel Masterset?
The Marvel set was gifted to my boy shortly after it was released. I turned the house upside down looking for it this past weekend. It is nowhere to be found. So the long answer is, no.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 11:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's a bummer! Well if you're interested in what's in that set, there are definitely C3G versions of your favorite Marvel characters you could play as well. Cap, Iron Man, Spidey, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Thor, we've got 'em all. Our version of Doctor Doom is probably a bit complex when you're starting out with C3G, but there are plenty of baddies worth checking out as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 11:58 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I wasn’t sure which thread to ask this in so this one looked right. I was considering trying out some of the custom stuff, but it’s a bit overwhelming when trying to narrow it down to either C3V, SoV, C3G, or HOSS. I have done a little looking and it seems to me that the least expensive route is C3G. Is that correct? Money is a big deciding factor. The next question is where to start? There are so many figures to choose from. Would a couple of the armies from this thread be a good place to start?

And do you all change your bases? If so what size are they and where can I get them? I saw the following in another thread. Is it the best place to get them? http://www.impactminiatures.com/

My main focus is on classic scape right now but I would like to know where to go from there.
Welcome!

C3G is a lot easier to get into than it looks. This is what I'd suggest:

Go to Ebay and buy a big lot of Heroclix figures. Doesn't matter which ones. Don't worry about rebasing them either. To get them to fit on ladders, just use a wooden disk you can get at a craft store to slip between the ladder rungs and have the figure stand on that.

Then print out the cards that interest you. They can match the figures you got or not. If they don't match, just say stuff like, "Today Captain America will be played by Superman." The sculpts don't really matter.

Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 4th, 2016, 07:35 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for all the help guys.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 4th, 2016, 09:15 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:

Welcome!

C3G is a lot easier to get into than it looks. This is what I'd suggest:

Go to Ebay and buy a big lot of Heroclix figures. Doesn't matter which ones. Don't worry about rebasing them either. To get them to fit on ladders, just use a wooden disk you can get at a craft store to slip between the ladder rungs and have the figure stand on that.

Then print out the cards that interest you. They can match the figures you got or not. If they don't match, just say stuff like, "Today Captain America will be played by Superman." The sculpts don't really matter.

Have fun!
Forgot to mention...I haven't rebased any figures yet and the only one I have that have been rebased are the handful that I received from people on this site that had already been rebased. I use the wood disk idea. I just had to sand the edges a bit since the disk I had were a touch too thick.

One advantage to not rebasing is that if you every decide to try Heroclix you are good to go...though in the 5 years since I started I have yet to try Heroclix the game, but you never know.

I'll someday rebase.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 4th, 2016, 10:54 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

One thing of note @keglo since you said you were mostly interested in Classic Scape right now: C3G is not really meant to be played with Classic Scape. It is intended to be its own game...not that this should stop you from putting C3G into your Classic games if you want to, but just as a heads up.

C3V / SoV are first and foremost intended to be used with Classic and are tested to the point of being include-able in tournaments.

HoSS is intended to be playable with Classic, but we don't do enough playtesting to claim that our figures are tournament ready.

Since you mentioned that cost is a big factor, C3G is probably the way to go. You can definitely find those figures more cheaply than the now out of print Star Wars minis. Some of the C3V/SoV stuff is cheap and some of it isn't.
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's a bummer! Well if you're interested in what's in that set, there are definitely C3G versions of your favorite Marvel characters you could play as well. Cap, Iron Man, Spidey, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Thor, we've got 'em all. Our version of Doctor Doom is probably a bit complex when you're starting out with C3G, but there are plenty of baddies worth checking out as well.
I believe that I am going to purchase a complete Marvel Heroscape expansion. I do have a few questions about it though, as I didn't get much play time out of my first set.

1. Does the Marvel set work well with classic Heroscape, if I choose to play it that way?

2. In C3G, are the Marvel characters/cards usable straight from the box or did you guys customize them in some way?

3. Are they a good set to have for C3G?

Thanks!

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I believe that I am going to purchase a complete Marvel Heroscape expansion. I do have a few questions about it though, as I didn't get much play time out of my first set.

1. Does the Marvel set work well with classic Heroscape, if I choose to play it that way?
Work, yes. Well is another question, though the original Marvel set works better with Classic than most of C3G does.

Quote:
2. In C3G, are the Marvel characters/cards usable straight from the box or did you guys customize them in some way?
Yes and no. The Marvel set characters can all be used in C3G, but there are also C3G versions for all of the 10 characters in the set. You can use either card in C3G, but the C3G versions are of course going to be the better fit.

Quote:
3. Are they a good set to have for C3G?
As a starter set, yes. The Hasbro versions are all stand alone, and work fine. Most of the C3G versions are also stand alone, or work fine outside of their synergy webs. C3G's Captain America is tough to use in small matches, but very cool. Plus, C3G's Spider-Man is easily one of my favorite cards. It will also be very handy to have the terrain. You're probably going to want more characters, but that's what the rest of C3G's 600+ cards are for!

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

1. Been a while since I played it that way, but they're pretty compatible.

2. The Hasbro versions of the Marvel characters are C3G-compatible, but we have C3G versions of the included characters as well.

3. I definitely get some good mileage out of Hasbro's versions of Venom and Captain America. Having the asphalt/concrete terrain and the busted-out warehouse is great for super-battles as well. Also, the minis for the characters are, for the most part, way better than Clix sculpts for the characters.
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:11 PM

@Ronin , @TrollBrute

Thanks for the quick answers.

Is there any reason that I can't print out the C3G cards for each character and just use the Hasbro sculpts for all versions of these characters? Just swap out cards when needed?

Old May 25th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
@Ronin , @TrollBrute

Thanks for the quick answers.

Is there any reason that I can't print out the C3G cards for each character and just use the Hasbro sculpts for all versions of these characters? Just swap out cards when needed?
Not at all! I use the Hasbro sculps for most of those characters myself. Hasbro's quality was much higher than WizKids' is.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy