Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 8th, 2007, 05:48 AM

Gidian has disabled reputation
Upper world vs. Underworld

Hello together,

last week we were talking about possible new terrains in a german board and I had the idea of playing on two different maps parallel. I tested the idea the same evening with some friens and it turned out even much better than I thought.
The rules are quite easy:

1. You play on two maps - the upper world (a map as usual) and the underworld (a dungeon, caves or whatever you like). These maps should be a bit smaller than normal.

2. The two worlds are linked by pairs of teleport glyphes. The amount of glyphes depends on the size of the maps. The distance between the glyphes should be nearly equal on both maps but it doesn't have to be exactly the same.

3. To go from upper to underworld (or from underworld to upper world) your figures have to step onto one of the glyphes. Then they get teleported to the other world where they can continue their move. But you can never end your move on a glyphe!
Example: A Knight of Weston moves one space and another one onto glyphe A. Now he gets teleported to glyphe a in the underworld and he has to moves left to leave the glyphe. Another Knight of Weston moves 3 spaces and stands adjacent to a glyphe. He has only one move left, which means, that he canīt leave the glyphe in the underworld. So he canīt step onto the glyphe with his last move.

4. When a figure is adjacent to an opponent, he will receive damage as usual when he leaves engagement by stepping onto a glypge.

5. When a figure is unengaged and moves onto a glyphe which is located adjacent to an opponent, he wonīt get engaged in this moment. Itīs the same with figures appearing on a glyphe in the other world. In the moment they appear, they are not engaged, even if an opponent stands next to the glyphe. But when stepping onto a space next to the glyphe, they get engaged as usual.

6. There is no line of sight between the two worlds and auras will not effect figures in the other world.

This is a very nice variation of playing Heroscape which makes the games very dynamic and figures with range attack won't rule the whole map anymore.
You just have to test it yourself, because itīs not that easy to explain how it can change the games and your strategies.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian

PS: I hope youīll understand the rules, even if my English eyplenation isn't that perfect.
Old October 8th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My friend did a similar thing with one of his maps, except one part was a forest mountain and you could teleport to a beach. I never got to play on it, but it looked good.
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM

by the way, our first game was on two maps with a size of round about 16*16 spaces and we played with 3 glyphes in each world. At the beginning of the game, you can start with your figures in both worlds.
Old October 8th, 2007, 06:37 PM

noobnats9 has disabled reputation
sounds cool. i'm going to try it in my next game thanks.

I got...
castle set(x2)
master set(x1)
lava set(x1)
banner carriers(all)
raknar's vision(x1)
dawn of darkness(all)
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:14 AM

And? Did anybody try the Upper and Underworld?

Two days ago, we had another game with these two maps and it was a lot of fun again. Quite dynamic and with new possible strategies. You have to watch out much more what happens around your figures and where your opponent may appear.

Give it a try.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:50 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
That would be an EXCELLENT use of the new SotM set. You could make a 'sewer' or 'pit' area to go under like... a caste or something.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:55 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi
That would be an EXCELLENT use of the new SotM set. You could make a 'sewer' or 'pit' area to go under like... a caste or something.
Like my Hive Cavern map?

Click the picture to go to my maps thread for building instructions, scenario rules, and many more pictures.
Old October 25th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
EXACTLY! Wow... that looks great! I might just have to try this one out personally. We'd have a blast with that!

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old October 25th, 2007, 12:29 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Would be really cool if hasbro created some sort of trap door terrain piece. I picture a castle with a door in the floor, that leads to the sewers.
Old October 25th, 2007, 12:55 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
This is a really neat idea... This makes for some fun possibilities like assaulting the castle through its sewer (and popping into the back room) instead of a direct assault on the front gate.

Or an underground ice or lava cavern that contains some cool glyphs, or equipment (if you use those rules).

The idea of a trap door could easily be incorporated into a Custom Glyph.

I think you could also set up some pillars with ladders attached on the lower level instead of using teleports if you wanted to keep the map more "realistic". Climbing beyond the top rung would put the unit on the entrance space on the upper level, etc. That way, you'd have to climb down to the lower levels, or block the ladder, etc. Or you could potentially drop and risk falling damage if you wanted to get downstairs quickly.

Fun stuff.

Old October 26th, 2007, 10:42 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi
Like my Hive Cavern map?

Click the picture to go to my maps thread for building instructions, scenario rules, and many more pictures.
Wow this map is cool!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios