Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

View Poll Results: Which forum style are you using?
Heroscapers Default 9 18.00%
Heroscapers Wide Page 41 82.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 18th, 2008, 08:40 PM

aquaone is surprisingly tart
Re: New Site: Expand your horizons aka: Heroscapers Wide Sty

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13 and I'm loving it. I haven't seen anything too weird. I'm OK with the header not being full width. It's a little odd at 1600+ but at 1024 and below it's not even that noticeable.

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old April 19th, 2008, 12:23 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Sweet...y'all did a nice job cropping the orphaned framing off the headers and footer!
Yeah, I just noticed that, too. The little things count!
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ok, I made a couple of tweaks on the wide style yesterday (Saturday)
Added a green line to divide the signature from the rest of the post.
Pulled the quote/reply buttons a bit closer to its line (as in the default style)
Moved the post title/subject into the header bar of the post.
Made that little piece of paper in the upper left corner (next to the date/time stamp) a clickable link so you can easily link to a specific post while still having it show the thread (as different from the post number link towards the right hand side)

I think that is about it, let me know what you think.
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Lookin' good! I noticed the green divider (BIG help, by the way), but the other things are great, too.
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM

CaptainCanuck is surprisingly tart

Got a wide screen monitor fit more heroscapers wonderfullness on my monitor.
Old April 20th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Maybe I'm the oddball here, but I like the default. The wide doesn't add that much horizontal space to the posting portion of the page. ...
The main reason I wanted to get the wide layout setup was to address the amount of page scrolling to get from post to post. In the Wide layout, the horizontal isn't much different as you say,
This all depends on how big your screen is. I'm at 1280x1024 with my browser maximized, and it sure seems to be providing a lot more horizontal space to me. The default style looks like a tiny little strip to me ... like a one-lane bridge across that sea of blue ...

BTW, using FF 1.5 and 2.0 on Windows (XP), Mac (OSX), and Linux (Gentoo, Fedora, and Xubuntu) among the 5 computers I have access to, and so far everything looks good in all of them.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I've quickly gotten used to the default, and I really like it. The wide version actually seems kinda weird when I tried it out, but, again, it's probably just because I got used to the default.
Old April 24th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I'm loving the wide style. I was wary of many of the changes and new features, but all the ones that I use have grown on me except for the narrower format.

A request: In wide style, indented boxes inside code tags are narrow. (the size used for the defualt format?) If possible, I think it would be better to have them the same width as the quote boxes.

Thanks for considering the request, and for all the awesome work on the update.

Oh, and Safari 2.0.4 on OSX 10.4.10.
Old April 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?

Thanks for this post, Bunjee.

I was a little disappointed with the narrow form and I didn't know about this option (granted I've only logged on for a few minutes in the last few weeks.)

With this option enabled I can now give the new site a "Fantastic!"
Old April 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll look into that code box thing, I hadn't really noticed because I wasn't using it.

Code:
This is a sample of something in the code text (I will note that code still shows bbc type stuff, which is an issue to me, but separate from this request.)
Old April 24th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm at work using XP with IE6x. I have a 4x3 monitor using standard mode and it looks good to me, just about an inch of blue on either the left or the right side. I'll report on my widescreen set-up at home later tonight.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old April 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
I'll look into that code box thing, I hadn't really noticed because I wasn't using it.

Code:
This is a sample of something in the code text (I will note that code still shows bbc type stuff, which is an issue to me, but separate from this request.)
Thank you!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online