Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 24th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Nova Corps Faction Thread

I could see a recharge mechanic but I don’t think it’s a need. Maybe something that could be tackled on a Worldmind figureless design?

Thematically, I just imagine that without any power, the Novas are basically just civies and would be pretty disoriented. However, I do think Crime Fighter Nova should be able to expend his two markers then keep going, so maybe just get rid of the power negating clause all together?
Old April 25th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Take 2?
Quote:
NAME = NOVA CORPS RECRUIT
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = XANDARIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = CENTURION
PERSONALITY = INEXPERIENCED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

NOVA FORCE 1
At the start of the game, place 1 gold Nova Force Marker in a Nova Force pool.

NOVA FORCE ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with this Nova Corps Recruit, you may remove a Nova Force Marker from the Nova Force pool to move this Nova Corps recruit up to 6 spaces. This Nova Corps Recruit can attack up to 3 times with this special attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as this Nova Corps Recruit is on a space where he could end his movement.

NOVA TACTICAL FORMATION
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Centurion Hero's Army Card, and after taking a turn with that Centurion Hero, you may take a turn with this Nova Corps Recruit. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Quote:

NAME = NOVA
SECRET IDENTITY = RICHARD RIDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RECKLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

NOVA FORCE 2
At the start of the game, place 2 gold Nova Force Markers in a Nova Force pool.

FORCED TO THE LIMITS
At the start of the round, you may move any number of Nova Force Markers from the Nova Force Pool to this card. If you do, add 1 to Nova's Move, Attack, and Defense for each Nova Force Marker on this card, to a maximum of +2. At the end of the round, remove those markers from the game.

HUMAN ROCKET
When Nova starts to fly, if he is engaged, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. If Nova has moved at least 1 space this turn, you may either;
  • Attack with Nova's normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement.
  • Add 1 automatic skull to whatever you roll when attacking with Nova's normal attack.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by MrNobody; April 25th, 2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old April 25th, 2019, 07:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good! Should the Human Rocket power remove markers too?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 25th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Looks good! Should the Human Rocket power remove markers too?
I don't think so. It seems mean to tie his main thing as a superhero (being the human rocket) to a finite marker system. Especially if he's playing with the New Warriors and not the Novas.

It just hit me though...without some sort of upside to not expending markers (like the stat boost the Lanterns get from keeping markers on their card) is there really a reason not to spend the markers? Sure you don't get to use them elsewhere later in the game, but is that really a downside? I'm hoping this system can capture the same tension the Lantern designs do, just in a different way.
Old April 25th, 2019, 08:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think it won't be whether or not to spend them, but when to spend them, where the decision will come in.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 26th, 2019, 06:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Latest direction for both looks pretty good. The decision of when to use the markers will be enough.
Old April 26th, 2019, 06:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like the pool of markers!
Old April 26th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I could get behind that direction for the Novas for sure.

I think that Human Rocket power really needs to be hammered out a little. It has some timing confusion right now. (If he's already moved a space he can attack before moving?)

I'd also be tempted to cut the defense boost from Forced to the Limits.
Old April 26th, 2019, 11:38 PM
Just A Head

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I think that Human Rocket power really needs to be hammered out a little. It has some timing confusion right now. (If he's already moved a space he can attack before moving?)
That's good by me. I honestly don't care about the specifics of the power as long as the same themes are captured.
Quote:
I'd also be tempted to cut the defense boost from Forced to the Limits.
That sounds like a good change as well.
Old April 29th, 2020, 03:06 AM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = NOVA
SECRET IDENTITY = RICHARD RIDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RECKLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

NOVA FORCE 2
At the start of the game, place 2 gold Nova Force Markers in a Nova Force pool.

FORCED TO THE LIMITS
At the start of the round, you may move any number of Nova Force Markers from the Nova Force Pool to this card. If you do, add 1 to Nova's Move and Attack numbers for each Nova Force Marker on this card, to a maximum of +2. At the end of the round, remove those markers from the game.

HUMAN ROCKET
Nova may attack with his normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. If Nova attacks a figure that was at least 3 spaces away before Nova moved this turn, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If Nova attacks a figure that was at least 6 spaces away before Nova moved this turn, add 2 automatic skulls to whatever is rolled. Human Rocket may only be used if Nova used his normal move for all of his movement this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Okay, here's a slightly updated Nova!

Since it's been a minute, the direction we were working towards with the Nova Corps is that they'd be kind of like the GLs or JL in that they could burn markers for effects, but instead of each of them having individual markers, they'd all share a big pool of 'em.

Main thing I haven't settled on here is should he take LEAs when moving with Human Rocket? In a vacuum I'd say no, he's really fast. But it feels a bit weird that he'd have full disengage when his Prime form doesn't. Plus, I kind of like that reckless risk of taking an LEA to potentially get a big hit in on another dude.

Last edited by MrNobody; April 29th, 2020 at 03:34 AM.
Old April 29th, 2020, 03:17 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would say he definitely takes LEAs, It would only make sense. Also when he uses his Nova Force Markers are they removed from the game or do they return to the pool?
Old April 29th, 2020, 03:27 AM
Just A Head

You know, I think Bats had the same question before, so I changed it to "removed from the game." Then, when I was editing it just now I forgot why I had it like that and switched it back again. Fixed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy