Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2006, 12:24 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Malechi, thanks for submitting it, and I agree with the color changes, so I did (golly, hope it's ok i edited your post not like it's the first time tee hee hee)
Kind of makes the questions that have been answered have a Christmas feel. Hope the answers aren't so seasonal

Jason,
Good thought, but I'm unclear how this applies to the Sacred Band as their power states "you control". For the Legionnaires it would make sense for the card to have the word friendly added such that it would read:
SHIELD WALL When defending with a Roman Legionnaire, add 1 defense die for each other friendly, adjacent Roman Legionnaire up to a maximum of +2 dice, for the Shield Wall power.

Does anyone have other cards that would fall into this category of "can benefit from enemy figs?" I'm a bit wiped right now.
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:28 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Alot of debate has been about if Parmenio is adjacent to enemy Sacred Band if they can defy death. I personally think the Roman Legion provides the best example
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:54 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Alot of debate has been about if Parmenio is adjacent to enemy Sacred Band if they can defy death. I personally think the Roman Legion provides the best example
Ah, got it, I was looking at the Sacred Band card, not Parmenio. Did I mention I haven't been getting any play time in at all?

So Parmenio would benefit from the same addition as the Legionnaires. "When an adjacent, friendly Sacred Band figure..."

yup, those are definitely up for an ask. Now to get any others and the phrasing put together.

My hope in submitting these in a coordinated manner is that it will get into the "official" faq also.
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:39 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Name one ability in HS where your army card's ability will provide a benefit to an enemy figure.
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:42 AM
has been BANNED

Shield Wall

"When defending with a Roman Legionnaire, add 1 defense die for EACH OTHER adjacent Roman Legionnaire up to a maximum of +2 dice, for the Shield Wall power."

I capitalized the important words
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Jason,

Reaper was not asking where the ability might* affect an opposing Army positively. He was asking one that does* affect an opposing Army positively.

*Sacred Band's Death Defy 15 and Roman Legionnaires' Shield Wall affecting opposing Armies is simply conjecture at this point and in no way fact. I would want to go through the remaining Army Cards' abilities to see if any others skip the words your and/or friendly that may affect other teams in the same way before submitting the question to Hasbro. Although, personally, I would find it very difficult to believe the designers allow the abilities to indeed work in that manner.

This question has been designated as to be asked, let's not start the discussion on this thread and bog it down with more discussion on this topic. There are other threads for that

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Quote:
Name one ability in HS where your army card's ability will provide a benefit to an enemy figure.
In the three posts directly before you we state and discuss the cards, powers and text in question. We are asking for additional cards that have this perceived flaw. Specifically I'm looking for powers lacking "friendly" or "you control"
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:00 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
uh - i REALLY would prefer that no-brainer questions like "do my army's beneficial abilities help my opponent" are NOT submitted to the Hasbro rules line (such as it is).

Reason?
Simple - because the designers have very little time or energies (as proven by the few and far-between rulings they've sent thru this channel), and spending it answering questions that have no business being asked is not the best use of the collective rules insights of this community.

The Legionnaires have been in play for 2 years and longer by them (when in development) - and they've never needed such an absurdly-obvious-to-even-children clarification before.

Yet some people feel there is a driving need to have this clarification now.

Why?

Because they want to "catch up" with the game they weren't playing when the Romans came out?
To prove how smart/analytical/insightful they are by asking the most obvious questions imaginable?

Seriously - there is much more harm (in wasted precious energies) than good to be done by bothering Hasbro with those types of questions.

Just cause a question CAN be asked.... doesn't mean it needs to be.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:04 AM
has been BANNED

Those are the main 2. It's kinda interesting Taelord and Raelin don't help your opponents in a team game

"The Legionnaires have been in play for 2 years and longer by them (when in development) - and they've never needed such an absurdly-obvious-to-even-children clarification before.

Yet some people feel there is a driving need to have this clarification now.

Why?

Because they want to "catch up" with the game they weren't playing when the Romans came out?
To prove how smart/analytical/insightful they are by asking the most obvious questions imaginable"

-I love the "absurdely obvious" My interpretation is the obvious one since it is playing the card directly as it is written. Adding "beneficial" to the question is misleading since that could have been added to limit their effectiveness, kinda like Q9's limited LOS. The fact a unit has been played wrong for 1 day or 100 years is irrelevant. Playing something incorrectly for a length of time does not make it any less wrong. Rationalizing it in this way does not make it right either no matter how much you would like it to be
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Reiterating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
This question has been designated as to be asked, let's not start the discussion on this thread and bog it down with more discussion on this topic. There are other threads for that.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:16 AM

As Hasbro's customer service form is available to anyone with internet access, it is not for us to say what questions are or are not submitted. It is very reasonable for us to try and develop a well phrased question regarding confusion about use of a power.

It could well be argued that as these cards do not specify "friendly" or "you control" and so the power extends to any figures. This sort of omission comes to light as more cards are released that do contain the text and thus bring attention back to cards that lack it.

Again, back to the Taelord unstated disengage. The official Hasbro FAQ says that Taelord has the full Disengage power. This is the (unfortunate) precedence for impact of omission.

Heck, turns out the same thing is on Deathwalker 9000's card:
"RANGE ENHANCEMENT Any Soulborg Guards adjacent to Deathwalker add 2 spaces to their range."

So we are up to 3 cards that can be included in this question.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:19 AM
has been BANNED

The thing with Range enhancement though is that it doesn't matter since if they are adjacent to an opponent's DW9k they can't attack units that are non adjacent
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's