Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
HS2010's Custom Terrain - Christmas Trees added 11/11/12

Welcome to my custom terrain thread. Here I am proud to show my custom terrain to the heroscapers.com community.

Index:

The Bridge To Valhalla - Page 1
Christmas Trees - Page 2

Here is my first custom terrain piece (the bridge):

The Bridge To Valhalla

What You Need:

A bunch of Popsicle sticks, 13 to make the bridge, you can get 75 in a single pack for about 3-4 dollars (that could make 5 bridges ).
Duce Cement (the glue I used, any glue I think would do but this holds very well, my brother dropped the hive and the bridge to the floor (hive on top of bridge) from a dinning table and it didn't break).
1 glyph (I used Brandar's Chest, should've used Brandar's Glyph) and sharpie (for making the lines for hexes)

I don't have a tutorial but if you look at the first picture and the following one you should be able to tell how I did it:

Briefly, it's two sticks for the underside, slanted. Then 7 sticks lined up across on top of those and glued down. Make sure you leave room at the end to attach the walls. The walls are 2 sticks wide, glued together then to the base. Then use the glyph and sharpie to mark the hexes.

It's fairly simple and cheap to do. I still need to paint it (if I want, it kinda looks good as it is). The bridge comes out to be 10 hexes (6 in the middle then the 2 mid ones on the both sides). When moving onto a bridge count it like a water piece, no elevation moving up to it unless you are a level below moving up to it.

I built a really quick map using this (nothing competitive) and it looked good. I regret not taking a picture.

Like my custom Terrain? See also: My Maps and Units.

Last edited by Sheep; November 11th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: HS2010's Custom Terrain - Bridge added 6/20/12

Very nice HS2010. Seems very easy and looks decent. I would take a brown marker and dirty it up a bit to make it more realistic.

It could make a neat raft too. I could see the Tarns on it sailing towards the enemy.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Thanks AV! It kinda does look like a raft doesn't it?
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Make it able to move faster up and down a main river so people are all fighting for it :P

*Bifrost
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:09 AM

We'll it looks like my bridge broke and became a boat.

Old June 21st, 2012, 03:19 PM

Cadescaper Woo who?

HS2010 should just add some sticks to the bottom to make it a boat or ship dock.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:29 PM

I'm glad everyone likes the "bridge". JK.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:39 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Sorry HS2010 for ruining your bridge.

It's not a raft, the bridge collapsed and just happens to float.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:00 AM

Oh so now my bridge is the Golden Gate Bridge in the 1906 San Fran Earthquake. I feel much better. Thanks, AV.

~HS2010, having fun making fun of his own custom HS creations. And starting to think his bridge is an all-in-one deal.

Last edited by Sheep; June 22nd, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Good job, looks great. I would dirty it up a bit though. I was wondering, did you use a stencil for the hexes? They look so professional.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:31 PM

No it was actually a Treasure Glyph. next time, I would use a normal Brandar's glyph so I wouldn't have black around a TG. I know there would be black around Brandar's Glyph but that's more common to get/replace than a TG.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
Archie

I always use a pencil first so that doesn't happen. Those permanent markers are well named.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles