Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old June 17th, 2021, 11:15 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

How to make a proper sandwich...

Step 1 - Find a Despero Heroclix figure.
Step 2 - Use a pen knife to shave the Fred Flintstone feet a bit and make a cut down the center of each foot.
Step 3 - Apply a little "parakeet" green
Step 4 - Add a Heroscape style black wash
Step 5 - Use sealer and rebase when dry

Wait, that's not Sandwich man?!?!? Streaky and A3n know me way too well. The HelmAverse presents the beginning of the Image Invasion.

----------------------------------------

SAVAGE DRAGON

KRYLAN
UNIQUE HERO
LAWMAN
INDOMITABLE
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 8
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 7
DEFENSE: 6

KNOCKBACK 14
When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed by a normal attack from Savage Dragon, immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may Knockback that figure by placing it on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Savage Dragon. The space must be on the same level as or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Knockback never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Knockback can receive any falling damage that may apply.

CHARGING LEAP
Instead of moving Savage Dragon normally, you may choose an opponent's figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Savage Dragon. Place Savage Dragon on any empty space that is adjacent to the chosen figure and no more than 25 levels up from Savage Dragon’s starting space. If Savage Dragon is engaged when he starts Charging Leap, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

MENTAL SHIELD
An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Savage Dragon.

SUPERSTRENGTH
Old June 17th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Ok, I totally did not expect this (in case my previous comment didn't give that away...) and I'm glad to be proven wrong! Sweet design Matt.
Old June 17th, 2021, 11:25 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks tcglkn. I recently started reading Savage Dragon and I am now addicted. I've been buying issues, reading online, consuming everything. I love the art as Larsen wears his influences on his sleeve (clearly Kirby, Miller, and Byrne) and the writing is complete fun. I'm about half way through the entire run. It's mind boggling that he continues to do all of the writing and art since 1992 and has aged the characters in real time.

I think I've represented the character fairly well in a classic Heroscape style. He's strong, tough, agile with his jumps, yet never retreats and always leaps right into a fight. Knockback fits him perfectly as well and thanks to his healing factor (which primarily allows him to heal post battle and not necessarily during a fight) his body has adapted to prevent mind control.

I'm a fan boy now so I know regardless of the rest of my team build, I'll definitely find some opportunities to draft Dragon.
Old June 18th, 2021, 06:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. If you like the real time aging aspect, Judge Dredd has been doing it since 1977.
Old June 22nd, 2021, 02:49 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was actually looking at that very figure a few days before your post in order to make a custom Savage Dragon. I am really please to see the design and have bought the figure from eBay ready to paint.
I got given a couple of early issues free with an order from MileHighComics.com back in about 2003 and picked up the first 20 issues or so. I loved Larsen's work on Spider-Man, but he gets free reign here.
Old June 30th, 2021, 04:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Hah awesome! Love 90's Image stuff. I have a custom Dragon figure made from a Strong Guy. Despero was too pricey, and I liked the exaggerated bulkiness from Strong Guy.

The first half-ish of Savage Dragon is some really solid stuff. Very impressive that Larsen still has it going. The last few years have been an aimless mess though, in my opinion. I think it needs a definitive end, then he could always reboot if he wanted. On top of it being a kind of pg-13 series to going full on nc-17 all of a sudden.

But I'd highly recommend the first main arc with Overlord as the bare minimum to anyone who is interested! It's really good
Old July 2nd, 2021, 12:09 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Hah awesome! Love 90's Image stuff. I have a custom Dragon figure made from a Strong Guy. Despero was too pricey, and I liked the exaggerated bulkiness from Strong Guy.

The first half-ish of Savage Dragon is some really solid stuff. Very impressive that Larsen still has it going. The last few years have been an aimless mess though, in my opinion. I think it needs a definitive end, then he could always reboot if he wanted. On top of it being a kind of pg-13 series to going full on nc-17 all of a sudden.

But I'd highly recommend the first main arc with Overlord as the bare minimum to anyone who is interested! It's really good
I'd love to see an image of your custom Dragon figure. I used Despero as he looks great battling Official Heroscape's Doctor Doom, or Iron Man (both resemble Overlord a bit) but I'm real curious to see other options.

My brother happened to start with Heroclix's Police Sargent and came up with this (second figure from the right):

As far as the comic goes I'm totally digging each "era" for different reasons. I absolutely loved the first 30 or 40 and even the storyline that led to the big change in 75. The Savage World threw me for a bit but I learned to like it a lot. Even the silliness of Mr. Glum in the early 100's has its charm. I'm currently somewhere in the 130's and it's clear things are about to change significantly again.

I guess I'm just a sucker because Larsen wears his influences on his sleeve and they are all the same great comic creators that I enjoyed in my youth.
Old July 2nd, 2021, 12:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Nice scatter terrain.
Old July 2nd, 2021, 09:09 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah I like the fact that there are consequences and major changes, and the influences are pretty clear and cool. I just think the quality kind of consistently goes down the later on you get. The beginning is still great. Mr. Glum's silliness wears off, not sure if you've hit all that stuff yet.

Most of my custom figures are on my instagram (In my signature). Here's a link directly to Dragon, I THINK you can see it if you don't have an account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDL8j_tn..._web_copy_link

I've totally seen that image your brother did! HCRealms, I think? I really like the look of that officer Dragon, I just prefer him being a bit more comically oversized, personally!
Old July 7th, 2021, 11:25 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
OK, I'll bite. Who are the Green guy on fire and the caped super guy?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 7th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
OK, I'll bite. Who are the Green guy on fire and the caped super guy?
My brother is into the real obscure. That’s Captain Italia and Bandeirante.
Old July 25th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Captain Underpants

Finally had the chance to get some more play testing done recently. A few of our designs are really in flux with minor tweaks and one in particular has seen some serious swings in changes. I'm pretty happy with what we are coming up with but I am hesitant to post any that are not at a point of very high confidence. I promise, we do have a few that are really close and may get posted as soon as later today.

For now, I can say we are pretty happy with the updated version of Psycho-Man. He's still not expected to be a high draft option but he definitely has a bit more appeal than he did.

The only changes made are to his power set and his points.

-----------------------

PSYCHO-MAN

FEAR 15
When an opponent’s figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Psycho-Man starts to move, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher the opponent figure may not move this turn. Fearless figures are not affected by Psycho-Man’s Fear.

DOUBT
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, if Psycho Man rolls any excess shields, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker from the attacking figure’s Army Card.

HATE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack Special.
Choose a figure you do not control, within 5 clear sight spaces of Psycho-Man, that does not have a Valiant personality. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are affected by Hate Special Attack. Roll a number of attack dice equal to the Attack value on the chosen figure’s Army Card. Each figure rolls defense separately. Psycho-Man cannot be affected by his own Hate Special Attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations