Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old September 5th, 2006, 05:42 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
I gotta wonder how much Company of Heroes will have to offer above the Call of Duty series. I loved CoD, but it got tiresome. The fact that CoD2 was released without vehicles was ridiculous -- though I did like the damage system a bit more. No more sniffing around for "health packs" and such. Nice touch, IMO.
Old September 5th, 2006, 05:46 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
apples and oranges.

CoH is an RTS like Command and Conquer or Warcraft 3. CoD was a pretty good FPS like Doom or Halo.

I'm not a World War 2 nut or anything, but I'm way excited about a great new RTS.
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Friends of mine just gave me a used copy of Sacred. It is pretty fun, very diablo II-ish or can compare to any of the Baldurs Gate games. I am enjoying it right now.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:14 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Champions Of and Return To Norrath are good, Baldurs Gate-type PS2 fun
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:33 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
apples and oranges.

CoH is an RTS like Command and Conquer or Warcraft 3. CoD was a pretty good FPS like Doom or Halo.

I'm not a World War 2 nut or anything, but I'm way excited about a great new RTS.
I've been playing the Company of Heroes Beta for a while now. You will not be disapointed. The game rules!!! There is actually a New Demo being released today which includes a single player skirmish option, with both sides playable. I also think both sides have FULL tech trees. I have to wait till I get outta work unfortunatley to download it and play.
Old September 5th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robaula
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
Got Starfox Command for the DS yesterday. Great fun.
Starfox Command? I didnt even realise Starfox had graced the DS yet...
It just came out. It's fun and I love the touch screen controls.
Old September 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM

Cool. Will keep an eye out for it - loved the old Starfox games.
BTW, your avatar (Mr Bistro) is strangely disturbing with the partial skull effect....
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:02 PM

Nightmare has disabled reputation
Quote:
Cool. Will keep an eye out for it - loved the old Starfox games.
BTW, your avatar (Mr Bistro) is strangely disturbing with the partial skull effect....
Have you seen your avatar lately?
I rented the Lord of the Rings, Return of the King game from Blockbuster for GameCube... why must it suck so much?! There is NO way to get through without dying, and eventually you get so pissed you wish you could smash it.

2006 Sets Accomplishment Bars:
ZANAFOR'S DISCOVERY[I, II, III, IV/IV] THAELNEK TUNDRA[/I] RAKNAR'S VISION[I/I], FORTRESS OF THE ARCHKYRIE[I/I], THORA'S VENGEANCE [I, II, III, IV/IV], SIR HAWTHORNE'S ARRIVAL [I/I], CREST OF THE VALKYRIE [/V]
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:17 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
here is a link to the CoH demo.

http://hwcommunity.com/tracker/torre...mo.exe.torrent

just to be clear, its a torrent file to the completely legal demo version of Company of Heroes
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
I rented the Lord of the Rings, Return of the King game from Blockbuster for GameCube... why must it suck so much?! There is NO way to get through without dying, and eventually you get so pissed you wish you could smash it.
I presume its the same as the PS2 version? I dont recall having any trouble with that... even completed it without cheating!
Old September 6th, 2006, 05:27 AM

Nightmare has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
I presume its the same as the PS2 version? I dont recall having any trouble with that... even completed it without cheating!
I think so. Its just all the guys that attack you get annoying and there is no way NOT to lose health against a bunch of people. I guess I'm just more into original games, and I'm so used to the first person shooter aspect of Metroid Prime.
And also, in every level I'm on right now, it's so dark you can't see where you are going and all of a sudden you're taking damage by an Uruk Hai horde.

2006 Sets Accomplishment Bars:
ZANAFOR'S DISCOVERY[I, II, III, IV/IV] THAELNEK TUNDRA[/I] RAKNAR'S VISION[I/I], FORTRESS OF THE ARCHKYRIE[I/I], THORA'S VENGEANCE [I, II, III, IV/IV], SIR HAWTHORNE'S ARRIVAL [I/I], CREST OF THE VALKYRIE [/V]
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:33 AM

doesnt sound like it is giving you much fun, and thats what games are supposed to be about...

I have just been loaned my brothers X Box, and I have started to play (for the first time) Halo. WOW!!!!!!!! completely blowing me away, even though it is a few years old...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games