Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:51 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hasbro crowd funding - could Heroscape be reprinted?

The Dice Tower News posted this article (here) announcing Hasbro’s new crowd funding platform and my only thought was could this be how Heroscape comes back? It seems if the demand is there this would be the way to do it at almost no risk to Hasbro. They could raise the funds before having to order the product, and since they already have the molds (assuming they still have these and they weren’t lost or destroyed), art, and design complete there shouldn’t be a lot of overhead cost. I would also think selling directly to consumers vs. to retailers would give them room to keep prices down and still make profit.

I’m not sure the demand is still there for a Heroscape reprint, but I would think if they actually put it up on their site and word spread through the board game media, they could get 5000 backers.

Anyway, not trying to stir up any false hope and I seriously doubt there would ever be new scape produced, but it just seems like the perfect avenue for a possible return for Heroscape.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:21 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Hasbro crowd funding - could Heroscape be reprinted?

Heck yeah! Marvel Wave 1 and Star Wars Heroscape (two things we know were complete and/or they were working on) here we come!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:51 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Interesting. Following this thread.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 12:19 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

From what I understood, the crowdfunding platform was more of an initiative for making more expensive collector's toys (like the massive Jabba's Barge that they're working on now) that likely wouldn't be able to sell in a normal retail store. I'm not sure that HeroScape fits that classification, as it is at its heart a game meant to be commonly accessible to children, albeit we hardcore fans have taken it up as a much more expensive hobby. I'm not sure that there are enough of us willing to fund additional HeroScape pieces; it would take massive community efforts to try and garner enough attention, which may be more difficult than we would think.

Whenever I had first read the headlines about the program, my mind immediately flew to HeroScape as well. I'm just not sure if the game actually fits with their vision for the crowdfunding items, and even then, sustaining a board game entirely through crowdfunding is a peculiar prospect. How long until interest dies out if we don't have new players finding the game in stores? I doubt that they can justify making new molds if there are only 5000 of us funding them each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Heck yeah! Marvel Wave 1 and Star Wars Heroscape (two things we know were complete and/or they were working on) here we come!

As much as I loath to admit it, that ship has long since sailed. Both Marvel and Star Wars are way too big now to be easy to work with, and especially in Marvel's case, they'd want entirely redesigned units to match with their movies, even if they were willing to license their characters out. If only they had been released back in the day!
Old February 23rd, 2018, 12:23 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

If nothing else, it's a good litmus test for how many people are indeed still interested in the game. If X amount of people fund the "kickstarter" that might let Hasbro know there's a market - either to reboot the game themselves or sell the license off.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 12:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Considering they did not make an effort to maintain control of the name Heroscape, I would not get your hopes up.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:53 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Considering they did not make an effort to maintain control of the name Heroscape, I would not get your hopes up.
This is another huge factor to bring up. They let the trademark on the name elapse, which beyond being a pretty big indicator that they have little interest in continuing the game, means that it'll be a massive legal headache to reprint anything.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They don't have Craig anymore. I can't imagine there's much interest in Heroscape without him. I mean, when you're talking about Heroscape, you're talking about these guys, and they do not walk the halls of Hasbro anymore.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
If only they had been released back in the day!
By "back in the day" you mean "when the MCU was getting into full swing, and the simultaneous release of guaranteed blockbuster movies meant all you had to do was put Marvel product on the shelf and it would sell." Seriously, I hope the Hasbro marketing guy that failed so miserably with Marvel HS got fired very hard. I'm not bitter about it or anything, though.

And I'm well aware there is basically 0 chance we ever see new Heroscape again.
Mostly it was a good excuse to use the gif.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; February 23rd, 2018 at 09:17 PM. Reason: :(
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:42 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You all make strong, valid points for why this won’t ever happen. It has me thinking, is Heroscape valuable (thinking of the inflated eBay market) because there is still demand, or is it because there just isn’t much of it left? If a new container of wave 4 and 9 showed up, would it sell out in hours or would it just sit and drive the inflated prices down?

I guess that’s the question. Most of us in this community either already have our collections or are willing to pay to build them, but to the more casual, or curious gamer it might not be of value.

I believe the fact that after all these years it still ranks so highly on Tom’s top 100 gives it grail status with those that never got to play/own it the first time around. I tend to think if it was reintroduced, it might be a big deal. But I also know the chances are incredibly slim.
Old February 26th, 2018, 02:55 PM

Clipper423 Woo who?

Very interesting. I think the Kickstarter (Haslab) idea would work, just depends if they (Hasbro) are willing or interested. Too bad they couldn't sell the rights as another game from the past, Confrontation, which went under a few years ago, is apparently being brought back through crowd funding.
http://https://spikeybits.com/2017/12/rackhams-confrontation-finally-set-to-return-in-2018.html
Old February 26th, 2018, 07:56 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I still have the Marvel and Star Wars units in a notebook somewhere if they ever wanted them

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News