Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 17th, 2013, 08:43 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Cathar Spearmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi View Post
Played these guys a few weekends ago, and wanted to say I had a blast with them, but the figures themselves are pretty fragile.

2 of the figures hands came off (the ones holding the spears) and one of the heads came off at some point, and is still lost.

Play yours with care fellow Scapers, and when in doubt, glue them.

I have had a broken off shield arm and have two broken spears. But they are definitely one of my favourite common squads now.
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:46 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Problems with breakage here too. I much prefer the more pliable and less brittle plastics.
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi View Post
Played these guys a few weekends ago, and wanted to say I had a blast with them, but the figures themselves are pretty fragile.

2 of the figures hands came off (the ones holding the spears) and one of the heads came off at some point, and is still lost.

Play yours with care fellow Scapers, and when in doubt, glue them.
Yeah, the Rackham figures (Confrontation and AT-43) are fragile, no doubt. The Cathars are probably the worst, closely followed by the Blade Dancers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:00 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My Cathar Spearmen is 6 spaces away from Count Raymond and engaged. He steps within 5 spaces of the Count and a skull is rolled for the leaving engagement. Does he get to roll for Maneuver?

Common sense says he doesn't, but in game I think you have to move to activate the leaving engagement attack. The question is do you land on the space before wounds are given.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
My Cathar Spearmen is 6 spaces away from Count Raymond and engaged. He steps within 5 spaces of the Count and a skull is rolled for the leaving engagement. Does he get to roll for Maneuver?

Common sense says he doesn't, but in game I think you have to move to activate the leaving engagement attack. The question is do you land on the space before wounds are given.
Since disengagement is considered on the space from whence you left engagement for other special powers, you do not get to roll for Maneuver.
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:25 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

I saw these guys in action the other day, I was very impressed with how well they did. They made a very effective screen. The powers work well together, and they were a lot of fun. It is a great design.
I picked up a bunch from miniature market and tried printing the card. The advanced side printed ok, but I the basic side didn't work out so well. Anyone else have a problem printing the basic side? I don't need it, but my ocd wants the card to look pretty from either side. Thanks.
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:48 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
I saw these guys in action the other day, I was very impressed with how well they did. They made a very effective screen. The powers work well together, and they were a lot of fun. It is a great design.
I picked up a bunch from miniature market and tried printing the card. The advanced side printed ok, but I the basic side didn't work out so well. Anyone else have a problem printing the basic side? I don't need it, but my ocd wants the card to look pretty from either side. Thanks.
not me. I print mine straight from my web browser (I use chrome) So you could try that maybe?
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

I usually save the pdf and print from adobe. I did try printing from the browser and I didn't have the same problem. The basic side just printed much bigger than the advanced. I will mess with it and get right eventually. Thanks for your help.
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
I usually save the pdf and print from adobe. I did try printing from the browser and I didn't have the same problem. The basic side just printed much bigger than the advanced. I will mess with it and get right eventually. Thanks for your help.
If you are using chrome, make sure it doesn't say stretch to fit page.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I used 4 squads of Cathars with Count Raymond in a HOB casual 5 player game last week. I ended up with all of my Cathars surrounding Count Raymond on (and behind) a small hill.

All the other players were quite impressed with the Cathars and I wouldn't be surprised if some end up getting some of their own. I ended up doing 4-5 wounds with braced spears alone. Count Raymond didn't ever end up taking an order marker, but the extra movement helped a great deal. Lots of fun and I ended up winning as an extra bonus. I was certainly helped by the fact that there were very few ranged units in this game and most of them ended up getting killed early.

Thanks for the great unit(s).
Old June 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM

Hammerfortress is surprisingly tart

I really like these guys, they are probably my favorite C3V creation so far.

As a melee squad they seem to simply outmatch all of the other close-combat options (or even former melee kings) in the game. Their reach negates the Samurai's Counterstrike and the WoA's Defensive Agility. A Shaolin Monk who wants to make the most of Shaolin Assault must risk multiple braced spear rolls. The only time the were even a little threatened by a melee foe was when my opponent moved Gilbert in to "soak up" the spears so that the KoW could engage the Cathars without risking destruction. Even then, Count Raymond alleviates the risk of re-positioning, even when faced with a coward's reward. I think the "wound soak" strategy is about the only viable option for an army with little or no ranged options. I'm not saying their broken, but they tend to dominate melee match-ups.

Overall, they are fun to play and bring a new strategy and threat to the game.

Also, I have extras: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=48713
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:13 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This army just won Islandscape, Long Island's Gencon equivalent:

Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
Count Raymond 190
3x Cathar Spearmen 415
+filler

That 6 move gives them a large threat range to deal with range, and they're already monsters against melee. At first I thought these guys were just a really fun squad, but they're emerging as a top contender.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs