Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 8th, 2007, 01:16 PM

AEIOU has disabled reputation
A Tale of Two Keeps -- Non-Standard Scenario

A scenario concept that I've been mulling over is A Tale of Two Keeps but haven't playtested yet. Let me know what you think or how to better refine it.

Note: The wall above the keep door overhangs by a hex so melee attackers aren't visible to defenders if they are in front of the door to discourage a total defense strategy. Both teams need mobility to be successful.

Quote:
BACKGROUND:
Once again, the two kingdoms are fighting for control of the River Almasmor and the taxes its trade will bring. The water is icy cold and much of the river is still frozen. Ruins from decades of rivalry litter the landscape.

The local peasants are taking a stand -- enough is enough. They will not support a brutal dictator but they also cannot stand their rivals across the river. Once the smoke has cleared from the battlefield, how much support will they give the victor?

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS:
Both players vie for control of their rival's keep. Draft 500 point armies. Play map twice. Each player plays same army both play sessions. Switch keeps for second session. Battle lasts for 10 rounds.

VICTORY CONDITIONS:
200 pts: The Northern player must open or break down the door to the Southern Keep. Infiltration from above/within or brute force are acceptable.

200 pts: The Southern player must capture the flag from atop the Northern Keep by eliminating all tower defenders atop the tower.

x pts per army: The victor gains 'x' points for every enemy army that is NOT eliminated (deployed and still standing on the gameboard) per their point cost.

x pts per army: The defeated gains 'x' points for every enemy army that IS eliminated per their point cost.

x pts per army: If time runs out, each player gets 'x' points for every enemy army that IS eliminated per their point cost.

Overall victory determined by total combined points of both games.

Maximum possible score per map is 700 assuming victory condition met and no enemies eliminated.

Old February 8th, 2007, 04:09 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Clever scenario and nifty map. Thanks for sharing! This is going in the pile of cool scenarios to try out...
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:31 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Sweet idea, I like the scenario, I'll have to try it! (modified of course..)
Old February 8th, 2007, 09:57 PM

the-next-wade has disabled reputation
Yeah, I love it! Just played on it, it's pretty cool!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios