Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 10th, 2019, 01:44 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Werewolf Lord

If you have two Werewolf Lords in your army, do you then get 6 Lycanthropy markers, or do you still only get to use 3?
Old August 10th, 2019, 01:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugMisting View Post
If you have two Werewolf Lords in your army, do you then get 6 Lycanthropy markers, or do you still only get to use 3?
You get 3 per werewolf lord.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 3rd, 2019, 10:53 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

It was asked in the book of Suskra (C3V Hybrid unit with Overextend Attack ability) ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb from space View Post
If an opponent's werewolf lord takes a turn with my Suskra, may he use overextend attack ? If an opponent's werewolf lord takes a turn with my Suskra, may I take a turn with overextend attack after the turn of my opponent ?
Old December 4th, 2019, 09:53 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

You take a turn with Suskra, and Overextend says after taking a turn, so as the card reads, you would be able to yes!
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
Since it says, "take a turn," on the werewolf card, you can overextend. Also, since overextend has been used during the round, it cannot be used again. That is how I read it.
I agree - so to answer @Leaf_It 's question only you or opponent can overextend per round - whoever gets to it first. But I could see a ruling otherwise being acceptable as the "per round" may mean for your turns in a round. It is a pretty unique/fiddly situation.

Also on @ThugMisting 's question above, the way I read it there are 3 markers per card and if you use up all three from one card, than that Werewolf Lord cannot use Lycanthropy any more (i.e. that cannot use another WL's markers). Uncommon heroes are unlike common heroes/squads such as Mezzos where it is a shared pool.
Old December 4th, 2019, 06:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think I agree about Suskra, but it’s different if you trigger it on an opponent’s figure. “At the end of the turn” seems to come before “after taking the turn”. If it’s your Suskra, you’re in the clear to use overextend. If it’s not your Suskra, you can’t use it because you have to give back control at the end of the turn.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 12:18 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Might need to update the C3V Synergies to include Seleena, Maltis Tez, Suskra, and Van Nessing as Hybrid Heroes.
Old July 7th, 2021, 02:35 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

All these years, and I never noticed this until today:

Quote:
If an opponent’s Unique Hero receives at least 1 wound from this Werewolf Lord
Lycanthropy never affects ... destructible objects.
So hey, where's our Hero who's also a DO? Somebody needs to fill in that obvious design gap!

I'm going to assume that in an earlier phase of development, the first part said "If a figure receives at least one wound...", and then later when the text was further refined, nobody noticed that the DO exclusion had become nonsensical. I certainly didn't notice it until now. It's probably good to not duplicate that if any future VC unit copies this template.

Or ... is there some weird "counts as" rule I don't know about that makes this restriction necessary?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old July 7th, 2021, 05:37 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
All these years, and I never noticed this until today:

Quote:
If an opponent’s Unique Hero receives at least 1 wound from this Werewolf Lord
Lycanthropy never affects ... destructible objects.
So hey, where's our Hero who's also a DO? Somebody needs to fill in that obvious design gap!

I'm going to assume that in an earlier phase of development, the first part said "If a figure receives at least one wound...", and then later when the text was further refined, nobody noticed that the DO exclusion had become nonsensical. I certainly didn't notice it until now. It's probably good to not duplicate that if any future VC unit copies this template.

Or ... is there some weird "counts as" rule I don't know about that makes this restriction necessary?
Maybe the next wave included a mimic? You know the destructible objects with attitudes...although perhaps that would've been no longer considered a DO.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; July 7th, 2021 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Almost typed Mime...that would've brought out unspeakable comments...
Old July 9th, 2021, 01:17 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

If you read the castle rule book regarding the door and the lengthy (and old) debate that occurred about whether or not Hound’s plague could harm the castle door, it becomes pretty clear why that wording ended up on this card.

With the advent of units such as the Mind Flayer, it sort of stops the debate before it happens. IE your opponent can’t burn one of your lycanthropy tokens via mind flayer while attacking the door.

(My apologies, but I don’t feel compelled to supply the links at this time)

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 9th, 2021 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Removed “AKA rules lawyering” from post
Old July 11th, 2021, 04:41 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
If you read the castle rule book regarding the door and the lengthy (and old) debate that occurred about whether or not Hound’s plague could harm the castle door, it becomes pretty clear why that wording ended up on this card.
Well, the Marro Plague never should have been an issue in the first place because it's not an attack (and furthermore you don't choose a target). Both of those facts clearly disqualify it from the language in the Fortress rulebook.

Regardless of that, I don't see how it's clear that this wording is required on this card. The Mind Flayer could not do what you suggest because Lucanthropy applies only to Unique Heroes. How would a destructible object count as a Unique Hero?

Now if it is somehow necessary to explicitly call out "cans" and "can'ts," then wouldn't it be equally necessary to errata tons of existing cards? Skewer, Poison Weapons, Poison Cloud, Giant Killer, Cleave, Tactical Switch.... The fact that the confusing wording exists on the WL opens up the question and makes the reader wonder what it is that he doesn't understand about the rulebook passage.

I'm actually still not sure what the "new default" rule even is. If it has been deemed that the Fortress rulebook passage overrides all constraints on what can be attacked in every situation, then that seems to create a pretty big mess. Why wasn't it just ruled that the rulebook does NOT override constraints on what can be attacked? Meaning, if a power applies only to Unique Heroes or only to squad members or only to small or medium jackalopes that follow Floofdar, then that power cannot apply to a destructible object. Seems clean and straightforward.

What am I missing?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old July 11th, 2021, 05:43 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We have default rules? I must've missed the memo, LOL.

Take a look at the Book of the Fortress Door , page 7'ish and 8, where the conversation is all about what attacks/special attacks/powers affect DO's. Ultimately it comes down to...if you're not happy with it, house rule it and move on.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; July 11th, 2021 at 05:44 PM. Reason: When is a door not a door...when it become a weredoor!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units