Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old January 10th, 2021, 12:08 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Durnipia (Kiora, the Rising Tide) - Public Feedb

I'd vote yea to giving her 4 range, whether or not her attack is reduced to 2 I don't have a strong preference either way. I think at this point everyone but @Zetsubo has chimed in in favor of a ranged attack?
Old January 15th, 2021, 04:33 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I hadn't seen - yeah, probably better to go down to 2.
Old January 15th, 2021, 08:06 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I vote yes for range of 4, attack of 2.
Old January 17th, 2021, 10:13 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

I vote yes in favor of range of 4 and have no problem with attack of 2
Old January 30th, 2021, 11:35 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Looks like there's momentum behind 4R/2A (I like it too), is it enough to call it and update the OP?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 31st, 2021, 05:41 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yep. @flameslayer93 ?
Old February 1st, 2021, 02:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Durnipia (Kiora, the Rising Tide) - Design?

OP updated with Capt S's power wording and range/attack.

At this point, I think my vote will be to make her not durnipia, so she'd probably follow Aquilla.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 1st, 2021, 05:23 PM

Should we do another vote for her RE: Durnipia?
Old February 2nd, 2021, 08:15 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd say so, we'll have to do it at sooner or later. My vote would be not Durnipia and make her her own thing. If she's going to be from Feylund it's full of mythological inspiration, and there are plenty of myths to pick from.

Also it feels like a lot of figures are being pushed towards making them into referenced characters in the lore which isn't necessary. We have Katryn and potentially the elf being Morsbane's mother, and then there was discussions on turning Pyria into Johrdawn and probably some others I've missed. I've said it before but this is too unique a figure that I'd wouldn't be happy making her into a fan service lore reference. I get the appeal, but a couple of units like that is enough. Too many and it starts to feel a bit shoehorned.
Old February 2nd, 2021, 04:44 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not durnipia
Old February 5th, 2021, 01:48 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's been a bit quiet here for a few days so I want to pop some research in that I've been doing.

I’ve been looking around and seeing what we could use as a race for this figure, which may help us with naming her. If we wanted to generalise her for any potential future designs (whether C3V or otherwise), Nymph is probably the best way to go since so many other races are generalised, like Undead, Insects etc. If we wanted something more specific, Merfolk, Finfolk, Undine, Rusalki/Rusalka, Siren/Sirena, or Naiad could work. Naiads are a type of Nymph in Greek Mythology, who were often healers or nurses for deities including some Gods, including the likes of Zeus and Hera. They would also offer blessings and protection to towns that appeared near their homes, and towns were frequently named in honour of their local Naiad.

Rusalki are a Slavic mermaid that are commonly associated with more malicious intentions and were practically zombies, but the original myth was them being spirits of women who drowned, and would emerge from bodies of water to give life to earth.

As for her lore, we could take her a variety of routes if going Naiad. Perhaps she lives near Ashra or where the Nine are from. She could be tied to one of the Nine, whether through marriage or a nurse for them/worked with them. Or maybe she worked with Morsbane’s mother, and looked after him after she was killed. She could of been a nurse for Johrdawn or even one of the other members of the Nine. Perhaps even she is royalty to one of the Elven regions, married to the Elven ruler which is why their homeland is set up where it is. One of the home places of the Elves could of been named after her thanks to her blessings.

I’m personally in favour of Naiad/Nymph and looking at some named Naiads that we could either copy the name of, or twist in some way. I’ve copied names of some of the named Naiads below, specifically ones stated to be nurses. Following the wikipedia article below will take you to a much bigger list of all the named ones, not just specifically nurses/healers.

Myrtoessa, Neda, Hagno, Alcinoe, Anchiroe, Cleide, Coronis, Eupheme, Glauce, Ortygia, Philia, Phrixa.

Of these, Neda, Hagno, Alcinoe, Glauce, and Phrixa were nurses to infant Zeus, alongside Theisoa, Anthrakia, Oinoe, and Ida. Originally there was only three: Neda, Theisoa and Hagno, but at some point it evolved into nine nurses. Another notable Naiad was Tiasa. This is just a tiny handful of Naiads, a quick page search on the last link below with named Nymphs brings up about 200 different Naiads.

From the last link, and looking at named places in Feylund for a potential tie in, there is also the named Naiad Ascra.

Links:
Old February 5th, 2021, 03:34 PM

I think I'm voting for not Durnipia. I was gung ho about her being Durn before, but over time my opinion has changed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs