Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:04 PM

Gored by 21 Woo who?
Re: The Book of The Drow Chainfighter

I pulled drake into 2 waiting Nikita engagement strikes to finish him off
Old July 5th, 2010, 11:20 AM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker

^That makes me wonder though; does chain grab actually trigger abilities like engagement strike? I mean, the "chainee" becomes adjacent, but he didn't move into engagement which the ability states as a requirement; he was moved to that space by virtue of an opponent's ability.

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old July 5th, 2010, 11:21 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle92 View Post
^That makes me wonder though; does chain grab actually trigger abilities like engagement strike? I mean, the "chainee" becomes adjacent, but he didn't move into engagement which the ability states as a requirement; he was moved to that space by virtue of an opponent's ability.
Yes. Engagement Strike triggers. the figure becomes engaged, it doesn't matter if he moved there or was placed there by another power.

Old July 5th, 2010, 11:22 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Engagement Strike does trigger. No need to wonder anymore.

edit- ninj'd by limber cheese

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Had an embarrassing moment with this guy the other day when I drafted him. It was an Utgar drow army, vs a Aquilla Dwarf army + Sujoah. We used a lava map, and I had missed the part about placing a figure on a same level space. So I had gained a newfound respect for this figure while kicking butt with this by throwing 2 Axegrinders and Mogrimm into the lava, I realized my mistake as I re-read the card and saw my error. I admitted my mistake, but still won the game.
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:17 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

First post here. I'm a newbie with Heroscape, I don't have my master set yet but it will be receiving it any day this week.

I've a question about the Drow Chainfighter. If I yank an engage figure away from the fight, does that figure suffer from a disengage penalty (if applicable)?
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:21 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome to the site!

If you read the entire card, you'll see that the last line of the Chain Grab ability states that the moved figure will not receive any disengaging penalties.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:27 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

My bad, thanks for pointing that out GL.
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM

Mrspy is surprisingly tart

He would have been way better if you could grab someone from 3 spaces away, and place him up to 3 spaces away from the drow chainfighter.

Oh well he's only 25 points!!!

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Has anybody thought of using this guy in the water with the Drow ready on the next OM?

I have tried this and it worked pretty well for me...The Chainfighter drags a hero into the water on the first OM and on the second, a squad of Drow jump him while on height.

The chainfighter's original attack of 4 combined with the next 3 attacks of 4(assuming hieght is kept) puts many heroes into a health deficit!!! Although it is best when the hero has only 1 or even no OM's on it, that hero could lose a turn!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, but an important thing to consider is that your opponent takes a turn too and may very well reposition his figure.
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Yes, but an important thing to consider is that your opponent takes a turn too and may very well reposition his figure.
But that is just a gamble. As you said, they may reposition their figure. If I won intitive, they have to put OM 1 on it. If not, then I always have the option of using a different Chainfighter and/or squad of drow.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units