Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old February 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: North Carolina Scapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
How much were they? One of my friends told me he saw the booster packs discounted there recently.
For a while the New Hope Valley location had a massive overstock of Wave 9. I counted something like 16 quad-booster displays the second week of January. These were shelved in four different places in the toy section, and some of them were even shelved in the clearance section. The ones in clearance were no cheaper than the others though. I'm betting your friend saw those and assumed they were discounted. That was my initial impression as well.
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:02 PM

TiVophile is surprisingly tart

I went by the Hope Valley WalMart this afternoon and there are still plenty of all packs of wave 9 in the clearance aisle (not actually on clearance, though).

Most HeroScape I've ever seen at a WalMart. It was nice not to be greeted with an empty shelf or only Marvel.

I would've picked up a D&D set, but I just ordered mine online last week.
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:42 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Funny you should mention that. We went back today on an errand and I saw the clearance aisle I had missed before as it is on the opposite side of the bikes from the rest of the toys.
The packs aren't actually clearanced, they have stickers that say $10.88 which is 20˘ higher than the shelf label price of $10.68

Because i was in a mood, I pulled 4 complete sets of boosters from the clearance area and moved them over to the normal stock section that was virtually empty. The Wave 2 packs I mentioned before turned out to be 3 packs of the heros (Krug, et al)

So there are Collection 9 boosters in 3 places at the Hope Valley Wal-Mart
"Normal" location next to where Master sets (1 DnD set left as of today) are stocked in the board game area.
End cap one aisle in from the board game wall
Clearance shelves

And TiVophile, who are you?
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
So there are Collection 9 boosters in 3 places at the Hope Valley Wal-Mart
"Normal" location next to where Master sets (1 DnD set left as of today) are stocked in the board game area.
End cap one aisle in from the board game wall
Clearance shelves
Actually four: there were more stocked in one of the regular aisles, near action figures, I think.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:13 PM

TiVophile is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
And TiVophile, who are you?
Hi, I guess I should introduce myself. I live in Wake Forest and work in RTP (software engineer). I played D&D growing up but don't have the time for it now and can't really play it with the family anyway. Heroscape seems to fit just right. Simple enough and with interesting miniatures so the kids will play and complex enough to allow for strategy and continued interest.

I bought Heroscape RotV in late November for my 9 yr old daughter's birthday. After a couple of games with Basic rules we quickly progressed to the Master rules. Now my wife and 6 year old daughter enjoy it as well.

Giving my kids a 100 pt advantage and with the luck of the dice, you never know who will win.

With some good timing at Christmas, I've been building my collection pretty quickly, getting whatever expansions I could find online at good prices. And I just completed Wave 9 at Hope Valley. I've only been getting one each of the commons though -- at least so far.

At this point, my interest in the game has far superseded my family's so I'm hoping to introduce the game to others to find more opponents.

I'd like to visit an AF&G night sometime, if I can work it out.
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:02 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Glad to hear from you, and welcome to the site and the hobby/addiction! Keep an eye on this thread for game days. Elstree and I will be doing some Tuesday night events at SciFi Genre in Durham.
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Just a reminder that we are not planning on playing Heroscape tonight at AF&G. Next week we should start up again. Also keep your calendar's clear for April 10th. I have reserved some table space for the day at AF&G for those of you who can not make it on Thursday nights.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:55 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

April 10? Hmm. Duly noted.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:21 PM

dafe31 is surprisingly tart

For those who are looking for Wave 10, the Walmart on Wendover Avenue in Greensboro had three full sets of the Wave 10 figures. Apparently someone had the same idea that I did, because there are now two of the sets which are missing their Warriors of Feldspar. However, there is still one set of rock men and wookies left there. I'd rather see another scaper get them than buy them for the investment.

They also had a number of sets of D&D-scape. I'm good for now, but it's nice to know where a source is, just in case.

DAFE
Old February 14th, 2010, 11:22 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

I will not be at AF&G's this Thursday as I have to go out of town for a funeral. If nothing else comes up I should be back next week.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old February 16th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
I will not be at AF&G's this Thursday as I have to go out of town for a funeral. If nothing else comes up I should be back next week.
Sorry about. I hope that all is well with the family of the deceased.

______________________________________________________________________ ________

Is there going to be any Scapers out at AF&G this week? I might be able to commit to going if I know that there will be some scaping going on. I have not been to AF&G yet, not even once.

~ Griffin, who is not willing to miss out on All of the Fun and Games
Old February 16th, 2010, 02:39 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What with theatre commitments, I haven't been able to do anything for a while, and this week also is no good. However, starting next week I will once again be up for weekly AF&G sessions. Love to see you there, Griffin. Been a while!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers