Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 15th, 2007, 09:00 AM

DDHSC has disabled reputation
Three player maps/scenarios

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any 3 player maps that either they have come up with themselves or found to use. I've found a couple, just looking for more. Thanks.
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Hed_the_huge has disabled reputation
I have made a 3-6 player hexagonal King of the Hill map. I will post some pictures later.
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
3 Player maps are a challenge to find sometimes. The best ones I've played are:

-the map that comes with the RTTFF (forest) expansion. Its really well balanced I think, the defender tries to defend the bridge, while 2 attackers try to move in.
-the map that comes with the TT (Snow) expansion. There is a really slick 3 player scenario that upon reading seems crazy, but it works out awesome. its every man for himself, the two end guys have 400-something point armies and the middle guy has 600-something point. In the several games I've played on that one, its worked out really well.
-Then a king of the hill type game works great. Just pile up a mountain in the middle and whoever is standing on the glyph at the center at the end of a round scores a point.
-You could search the downloads for a map called Trinity also link: http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=40 Its made by my favorite map maker in the forums, ch1can0. Its a nice 3-person scenario.
-One other possibility is Wellspring of Obsession from the hasbro.com site. Its got one scenario that is a 2-5 person free-for all. Its a pretty cool map, although it plays better with 4 or 5 than 3.
-The castle set also comes with some 3-player scenarios, but they generally are terrible
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM

TyG17 has disabled reputation
How many sets do you have?

I have a 6 player map that we use regularly when the people around here get together and it is always a blast. but it uses

2 MS
4 RttFF
2 Castle
1 VW
and a few extra 2 hex sand.

Ty G

Ty G
- There will never be another me...

Back from the dead...
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
I designed a semi simple 3 player map, that uses nothing but 2 master sets. I have not actualy played a game on it yet though... never had 3 players.

Its the map called "TRIP" on my maps page here:
http://s88452779.onlinehome.us/HeroS...Scenerios.html
(site is still being worked on, so its only up for content, what little there is)
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:14 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Take a look at Naps420's maps, he has some three-player maps in there. Some you can even build with a normal-size collection. All of his maps are good-looking so you are likely to find something there.

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5370

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
there is an interesting solution for three player Heroscape games.

three players can play on any map if you're comfortable with not having start zones.

after a player drafts a card he can place the figure(s) anywhere on the battlefield as long as it is not adjacent to an opposing figure. (or you could stretch that out a bit and say "no closer than X number of spaces to an opposing figure". and you could water it down a bit by limiting the starting elevation to levels 1 thru 3).

this is similar to the Hasbro online scenario (my favorite one, btw) "Melee at the Wellspring of Obsession".

it works well and makes for some very interesting games. the only bad thing about this method is it takes the thunder out of the AE -- but that's minor since they are the only unit in the game (so far) with the Drop ability.
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, DDHSC!

On behalf of our Daredevil loving and three player game supporting community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the honor, friendship and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, who can't quite figure out the "C"

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:10 AM

TyG17 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
~Aldin, who can't quite figure out the "C"
Champ? Champion? Chump?

Ty G
- There will never be another me...

Back from the dead...
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:35 AM

naps420 Woo who?
Still waiting to get some play testing done and hammering out the rules a bit more, but I am working on a project now with the Scenario Writers Guild that might be of interest. Without going into alot of details, it's currently at a 2v1 scenario, special rules, and special attacks. Hopefully we get some feedback from the playtesters after the weekend and can get on the ball with this one.

I've noticed Marduk mentioned checking out my thread of maps. If you skip past the first 2 pages, you get into my VirtualScape maps (The point where I found it and was like OMG!! ) and I have alot of maps, ranging from massive maps to small 1 MS + an expansion maps, as well as maps ranging from 2 to 6 players. If you happen to find one and want the files, I have backups of all VS created maps in both the .hsc VS file and .pdf files if needed for building. Feel free to PM me anytime with your email address and which one(s) you want. I haven't figured out how to upload them (it seems most are too large anyway).
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:31 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Its the map called "TRIP" on my maps page here:
http://s88452779.onlinehome.us/HeroS...Scenerios.html
(site is still being worked on, so its only up for content, what little there is)
I tried "Trip" last night and I must say that it is my current favorite map. I did find out that it isn't the best map for double base figures, but I had a blast on this map, and it looks really cool. I got my butt kicked as usual, but I had fun. Nice map Drac. I'll try some more of your maps as soon as possible.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:33 AM

Razsk has disabled reputation
Re: Three player maps/scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHSC
I was wondering if anyone had any 3 player maps that either they have come up with themselves or found to use. I've found a couple, just looking for more. Thanks.
Its not a map but I have recently come up with a rules/victory variant called:

Fortuna’s Fickle Alliances
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=15415

It makes it possible to play 3 or 4 people Free For All on non-symmetrical maps.
Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios