Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 27th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1 Begin! Beast 11/24

Wow, you got a Good Pig post. That is impressive.
Old November 28th, 2018, 12:02 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I just wanted to say he now has one from a Dirty Old Pig, too.
Old November 28th, 2018, 12:23 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The Old Guard on watch.
Old November 28th, 2018, 07:39 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Very interesting takes on the original cards and Beast. Nice to see some new ideas here and there, like the cosmic cube. Pt levels seem pretty good at 1st glance. Also like the artwork choices. Great idea for knockback and lava rules
Thanks! I like that what the Cube does feels cosmically powerful while remaining very simple. Artwork is whatever I can pull from the internet and make look halfway decent, ha. I haven't gotten around to it, but I want to put up a map again soon with lava so I can have fun knocking heroes back into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Actually, you can't do that, because the power gives the opponent the chance to burn their X instead of a numbered OM, and (at least as I'm reading it)

Anyhow, cool take on Beast, though I'm a little surprised to see him as your first with 4 text powers. Should be pretty straightforward in practice, though.
You're reading it correctly; my notes didn't catch up with late changes to the power. I'm pretty hesitant about putting four powers on any card, even in the superhero realm, but it felt appropriate to have all of these here. If I had to drop anything it would be Stealth Leap or Feral Rage (Unleashed Fury is a must-keep for Khosumet synergy). With cards like this, though, you can see why I took steps to reduce word count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
I just wanted to say he now has one from a Dirty Old Pig, too.
I'll take whatever I can get... I think...

Thanks again for looking. I'll get another one up soon. Looks like alphabetically, next is Black Panther!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 28th, 2018, 10:52 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

In contrast to Beast, Black Panther is a pretty straight forward card. VPB is Grapple Gun with Disengage. Claws subtract dice from defending DO's and Robots*. And VWA is Shield of Valor for normal attacks. He's a sturdy hero with a couple minor tricks, but his main selling point is being pretty tough. I have ideas on how kinetic absorption and redirection could be done, but prefer the simplicity of Vibranium, Vibranium, Vibranium!

*All Soulborgs are considered Robots and vice versa. For those counting at home, that's 7.4% of figures/objects including official ones and Marvel Master set and Wave 1.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; November 28th, 2018 at 11:09 PM.
Old December 1st, 2018, 11:03 AM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1 Begin! Black Panther 11/28

Here's another not-so-fancy card. Both Bullseye's powers naturally relate to hitting hard from long range (and Range 7 is uncommonly long in the superhero 'verse). Sharpshooter is directly borrowed from Deadeye Dan (and reworded) and the main reason he costs 50 points more than Kaemon Awa despite having the same stats and number of powers, just one more Life. When you can one-shot anything in the superhero universe, that's gotta be worth something. In fact, without it, Deadeye may just well be a 10-point figure. Deadly Shot almost makes sense for the other power, but then the original designers (wisely) saw fit to let the Omnicrons keep their double skulls in melee. So Deadly Aim has to be something different anyway, since I wanted to make sure it was a range-only option (which creates some nice decisions in-game about whether or not to disengage with Bullseye). Instead of doubling skulls, adding one, while weaker on average given 4 natural Attack, nicely captures the idea that he "never misses".

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 1st, 2018, 01:56 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1 Begin! Bullseye 12/1

Beefy Deadeye, nice. Panther looks scary tough.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 12:33 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the simplicity and nastiness of Bullseye. Excellent choice to make him a SuperDan (as in Deadeye). It makes perfect sense.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Beefy Deadeye, nice. Panther looks scary tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I like the simplicity and nastiness of Bullseye. Excellent choice to make him a SuperDan (as in Deadeye). It makes perfect sense.
Thanks guys. I'm usually not too keen on putting overlapping powers like that on a card, since often one (Deadly Aim) will overshadow the other (Sharpshooter). But sometimes an angry Hulk is comin' at ya and you just gotta take the 10% chance.

EDIT: I may have solved the repeated rolls issue on the Ruined Wall rule in the OP. Let me know what you think!

===============

And we're back with four more powers! Actually, Super Strength is down there, and Telescopic Tentacles is Hydra Heads and Reach rolled into one, so it's arguably six...

Anyway, Doc Oc is the super Hydra! In addition to above, he gains a Move and trades Slither for Four Arm Climb. FAC went through several different variations, eventually settling on this one. At one point it was "move up to 4 spaces, each up to 8* levels higher or lower", but he couldn't climb the Wall. Since the Wall's height is 9 (I think?) now he can subtract 8 from the difference, count it as 1 level of elevation change (which also makes it less than his height of 5), and spend 2 of his Move to get up there! Rules lawyers could argue you can ignore up to 32 levels all at once, but that's not the intent, and, uh, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit on the card if I tried to make it any clearer.

As with both halves of TT, Cyber Claw and Throw are known quantities. Throw is slightly more likely to happen than for Jotun, but a bit less likely to damage. Between TT, Throw, and CC, though, Doc Oc has crazy control of his engagements. He can hit you from 2 spaces away. If you move adjacent you get stuck. And if he doesn't like you there he can toss you away! This is one of my favorite designs. And quite possibly the wordiest (I'll have to do an official word count one day).

*8 because he's an octopus, see?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 2nd, 2018, 01:09 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1, Doctor Octopus 12/2

A 2 wound Throw and four attacks is brutal. Snipe Ock before he can close in!
Old December 2nd, 2018, 01:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Are there plans for some of these figures to have synergy with one another, or are they all going to be individuals without much of a link to one another, like the OG Marvel figures?

I’m really liking all of these by the way. I think I have become a bit blind in the past years to designs that aren’t the C3G ones. This is honestly inspiring me to print out these guys and have a no-C3G-allowed smackdown with your guys and some of my favorite designs by other creators, like GO’s old stuff.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 01:20 PM

Lots of great designers out there. Check out Matt Helm and Grishnakh and drewman-chu and Sherman davies to name a few.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations