Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old September 18th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Mage Knight Castle Gatehouse Conversion

Wow! simply wow!

I have several Mage knight pieces but never imagined they could be converted like this. I only have one gatehouse but will definetly being ordering another to try this out.

Looks amazing! I dont have a dremel station so unsure how will be able to do this.
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice work! I know what you mean about trial and error on things like this. Sometimes you just have to get in there and do it.
Old September 18th, 2012, 10:20 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It is $6 right now on miniature market.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
I love this picture! The Samurai try to fit inside the castle, but find themselves falling over and unable to fit! "We're too big! Noooooooooo!"

The conversion is amazing. It looks right at home in the FotA castle.
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have about 9 keeps 4 towers and just one gatehouse.

Soon as I got home tore apart the gate house and cant wait to start modding. Im concerned that I I dont have a dremmel press and will freehand the cuts. Also they seem easier to ship taken apart.

Just_a_Bill have you done this with the other peices yet?
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:18 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
Just_a_Bill have you done this with the other peices yet?
I've done some preliminary work on the Castle Keep, but that project got stalled by other things. It's going to be more complicated as I want to install a ladder on one of the inside walls and put a trapdoor in the ceiling/roof. Also, I'm going to have to chop up some FotA walls to attach to the outside so the whole thing can mate up to a fortress wall properly.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Wow, you are really putting some serious thought into these mods!! Cant wait to see what you come up with.

Any plans for the towers?
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I lack the dremel so I'd probably just use a hacksaw and a lot of elbow grease.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Good Idea Rob, if I mess up with the dremmel I might first make some guidelines or grooves with a hacksaw first, Or just forgot the dremmel and use the hacksaw like you suggest.
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

The hard part is of course the hacksaw can't cut sideways into the castle only across. So a little dremel may be needed anyway. I could try a drill but probably just a utility knife would be easiest.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

If you use your hacksaw to make the lateral cuts shown here, you could probably make the vertical side cuts any way you want, possibly even pushing hard on the plastic to break them out, since those shorter side cuts should be hidden inside the piece once things go back together. A utility knife will take some real elbow grease as the plastic is quite thick there, but Rob's idea to perforate with a drill seems like a good one.

(Whoa dude, you live in Wilsonville? I used to live in Tigard and Beaverton a couple of decades ago; I miss home.)

It's really just the top lateral cut that needs to be nice and clean; that's what will be exposed and what your figures' bases will tuck under.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old October 12th, 2012, 05:40 AM

sir william the bold is surprisingly tart

Brilliant! great work here!!

Check out my custom terrain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles