Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 3rd, 2016, 10:35 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2016

I PMed Dad_Scape with my address more than a week ago.
Old October 4th, 2016, 01:02 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It is not in my hands - literally - but I believe you will have your prize support before your event.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 4th, 2016, 05:08 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I PMed Dad_Scape with my address more than a week ago.
Awesome! Can't wait guys! Let me know if you guys need anything else.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 8th, 2016, 06:14 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, I've nailed everyone on my side down and updated the top post. Short answer is, looks like the same crew as last time: 6 of us.

We've been doing a few practice games on our side already to get ready. I have primary armies nailed down for 5 of the 6 of us, but only one backup army locked in so far. Will keep working on it throughout the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Hey! It could be your year Xot!
Heh. Hey, I know my place. I either come in dead center, or next-to-last. In nine years, I don't think I've deviated from that more than 2 or 3 positions ... (Side note: this will be my tenth NHSD, if my math is right. Crazy ...)

Quote:
I'm at about 80% confirmed myself and if I show up, I'll bring two maps.
Excellent. My recollection is that you have a pretty extensive collection, right?

Quote:
I'm always open to suggestions, Xotli.
Please, breakout the spreadsheets ...
Yep, I'll work on that this weekend. Looks like we have 8 definite so far, and another 2 (hivelord and pop) as fairly firm. That's 5 maps minimum and safer to do six, I'd say. So I'll see what I can work out with that in mind.

Quote:
... and give us
some links to educate us on all of those little
known army cards.
Well, as I said above, we're not 100% nailed down yet, so I don't have a final final list. Here's what we brought last time--I've marked off the units that I'm pretty sure we won't see again, but it's almost definitely not complete yet. (OTOH, the ones that aren't marked off in this list are fairly definite to be showing up this year.)
Spoiler Alert!

I'll get things locked down ASAP and post a revised list once they are.

Looking forward to it! This may be the first year in a while that our number have gone up instead of down. I shall choose to view that as a major sign of optimism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 8th, 2016, 03:30 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My collection is alright. I could make a third map if it comes to it. I think I've done four at once for a tourney before but that's streatching it very thin.

I just checked. It looks like the last NHSD I made it to was in 2011! I can't believe I've missed four in a row!! I'll be incredibly rusty next week but boy am I excited.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 9th, 2016, 01:58 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
My collection is alright. I could make a third map if it comes to it. I think I've done four at once for a tourney before but that's streatching it very thin.

I just checked. It looks like the last NHSD I made it to was in 2011! I can't believe I've missed four in a row!! I'll be incredibly rusty next week but boy am I excited.
Will be good to see you again bro after all these years! Is your dad coming as well? Hopefully Detrimentalman comes as well. Glad are numbers are going up this year as well

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 9th, 2016, 03:04 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
There's no way we'll need that many. I'll probably come up with 6 or 7 maps, which is already more than we need, and we already have 4 people volunteering to bring 2 each.

I've got the spreadsheet out and I've filled in which maps we've used for the past 3 years, which is apparently as far back as we've been recording which maps we built. Anyhow, I'm playing around with the list now to try to a) get some variety, but b) still stick with the maps we know are good and avoid those which are evil (I'm looking at you, Ember Canyon Road! ).

So I don't foresee any issues getting all the maps we need. Also, I apparently actually have a list of what terrain you own, hivelord. Also you, wnfb. @Leotheanimal87 , I don't have your stats: if you know, off the top of your head, roughly how many of what terrain you have, I'll pop you into the spreadsheet too.

I also nailed down that final primary army, so I can work on my VC list as well. Hopefully I get the backup army info I need by tomorrow.

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that too ... while I was trying to see how far back I could go with map info, I got to the 2012 thread and saw your post that you wouldn't be able to make it that year. Little did you know it would be another 4 years before you'd make it back, eh?

BTW, if you and the pop are definites, I'll go ahead and update the top post with that info. I'll also look around and see who else I can notify.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 9th, 2016, 04:45 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
So I don't foresee any issues getting all the maps we need. Also, I apparently actually have a list of what terrain you own, hivelord. Also you, wnfb.
Well, perhaps I spoke too soon. Turns out my data on how many sets you guys have is from 2009. Soooo ... two questions for you, @warriorneedsfoodbadly and @hivelord :
  • Do either of you have any BftU (dungeon) sets, and, if so, how many?
  • Is it true that you, hivelord, have only 1 RotV (original) master set?

I've gone back through all the maps and picked out 7 primaries and 5 alternates that I'm pretty happy with. So, once I get the info on what you guys have, I can tell you what to bring, and we should be solid.

(Fun side note: in 2009, I have in the spreadsheet that we brought FIFTEEN maps, plus 4 duplicates in case some people had to drop out at the last minute. Total mapmakers: 10.)

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 9th, 2016, 11:32 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You can go ahead and mark me and pop as confirmed.

Going completely from memory because I haven't dug my sets out of storage yet, I should have 2RotV, 2SotM, 2 BftU, 2castles, and 1 of each other terrain set. (I still regret not getting more RttFF)

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 9th, 2016, 02:33 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I believe I have only 2 dungeon sets.
Great news, hivelord.
Old October 9th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
You can go ahead and mark me and pop as confirmed.
EXCELLENT!! We're up to 10 people, officially.

Quote:
Going completely from memory because I haven't dug my sets out of storage yet, I should have 2RotV, 2SotM, 2 BftU, 2castles, and 1 of each other terrain set. (I still regret not getting more RttFF)
Wacky ... I had you down as having 3 RttFF (and 2 TT, FTM). But having 2 RotV is the main thing. And, in this crop of maps, having only 1 TJ is the major deficiency. Everybody wants to put jungle on their maps these days. But I can make it work, no worries.

Quote:
I believe I have only 2 dungeon sets.
As long as you have one, we're solid.

Okay, I'll crunch the numbers and just try to assign something light to Leo. I may even be able to assign duplicates in case of emergency. I'm going to try to sneak in one last game with the Smaller Animal before he's off to the mountains for most of the week, but I should have maps up by tonight at the latest. If the gaming gods are good to me, Quillon will finish nailing down backup armies at his regular gaming day today and I'll be able to post my VC list tonight as well. Cross your fingers.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 9th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Okay, proposed map assignments are ready. Remember: if something doesn't work for you, feel free to bring it up and let's talk about it. But silence means assent.

Here's my review of all BoV maps from year before last, which I did not update at all last year:
Spoiler Alert!

This year, I have re-reviewed all maps and come up with new opinions. Some are the same; some are different.
Spoiler Alert!

Here's what we ended up with year before last:
Spoiler Alert!

And here's what we ended up with last year:
Spoiler Alert!

Still no new BoV maps (second year in a row).

At the end of all that, here's my list of potential maps for this year, in order of my preference:
For sure:
  1. Ticalla Sunrise
  2. Draugur
  3. Invasion
  4. Hot Heights
  5. Swamp Thing
  6. Elswin Plateau
  7. Arctic Divide
Maybe:
  1. Quasatch Playground
  2. Sirocco
  3. Ice Blossom
  4. Highways and Dieways
  5. Flash Fire

After plugging all that into the spreadsheet, along with what I think you guys have in terms of terrain sets, here's what came out the other end:
  1. Ticalla Sunrise - Xotli
  2. Draugur - wnfb
  3. Invasion - Leo
  4. Hot Heights - wnfb
  5. Swamp Thing - hivelord
  6. Elswin Plateau - hivelord
  7. Arctic Divide - Leo
  8. Quasatch Playground - wnfb
  9. Sirocco - Xotli

That's 9 maps, which should be plenty even if someone can't make it at the last minute or doesn't have enough terrain or whatever. Here's total requirements for everyone:
  • @hivelord - 2 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 RttFF, 1 FotA, 1 TJ
  • @Leotheanimal87 - 1 RotV, 1 SotM 1 FotA, 1 TT, 1 TJ
  • @warriorneedsfoodbadly - 2 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 2 TT, 2 TJ
  • Xotli - 1 SotM, 2 BftU, 2 TJ
(Full disclosure: I am shamelessly using my position as the person who worked all this out to bring a) the map that is currently sitting on my dining room table, and b) one of the same maps I brought last year which is still packed up in a box in my room because I'm a lazy bastard and I never unpacked it over the past YEAR. )

So please let me know ASAP if I've overestimated anyone's collection. But I'm pretty sure about everybody but Leo, and he only needs one of everything. Leo, I know you have the SotM and the FotA from what you built 2 years ago. So you just need to verify that you have an RotV (original), a TT (tundra), and a TJ (jungle). If you don't have an RotV, I can swap some stuff around pretty easily and then you'd need 2 TTs and a TJ. If you don't have any TTs and/or a TJ ... then I need to radically rejigger.

Looking good, people! Getting excited now ...

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V

Last edited by Xotli; October 14th, 2016 at 03:56 AM. Reason: typo

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day