Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old October 18th, 2015, 05:31 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: First Expansion "Battle for Zendikar"

Here's some additional information from another web site:

http://planeswalker-arena.boards.net...expansion-news

Does anyone notice a subtle similarity of this Eldrazi creature and it's scion minions to the mythical Cthulu monster?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 18th, 2015, 08:06 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post

Does anyone notice a subtle similarity of this Eldrazi creature and it's scion minions to the mythical Cthulu monster?
All the Eldrazi look like giant tentacle monsters. I can see how they give off reminders of Cthulhu. Back when Wizards fist created Eldrazi, we had this guy:

He goes by the name "Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster".

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 18th, 2015, 11:48 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:

All the Eldrazi look like giant tentacle monsters. I can see how they give off reminders of Cthulhu. Back when Wizards fist created Eldrazi, we had this guy:

He goes by the name "Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster".
The R&D fellow who designed the Eldrazi specifically called them Cthulhu monsters...

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old October 20th, 2015, 12:37 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

I've never played "Magic: the Gathering" had absolutely *NO* interest in it until this HeroScape-ish "AOTP" showed up on store shelves, but I read about the "Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster" in a local newspaper article last year. The piece was about how atheists and other religious groups are demanding equal time and space in public places in competition with the Christians' Christmas Nativity Scenes. One organization claimed that they represented a cult that worshiped the "GFSM." Now I know the rest of the story - the source of this parody. (~~~lol~~~) Thanks for sharing.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 20th, 2015, 01:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I've never played "Magic: the Gathering" had absolutely *NO* interest in it until this HeroScape-ish "AOTP" showed up on store shelves, but I read about the "Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster" in a local newspaper article last year. The piece was about how atheists and other religious groups are demanding equal time and space in public places in competition with the Christians' Christmas Nativity Scenes. One organization claimed that they represented a cult that worshiped the "GFSM." Now I know the rest of the story - the source of this parody. (~~~lol~~~) Thanks for sharing.
Yeah... no. The Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster religion/movement has nothing to do with Magic: the Gathering. Emrakul isn't the source of the Spaghetti Monster, she just happens to look a bit like it. It's a nickname, like how some players call Agent Carr 'Morpheus', or call Syvarris 'Legolas'. The GFSM actually predates Emrakul by about 4-5 years.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old October 20th, 2015, 08:52 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
The first time that MtG has ever made me hungry

Mmmmm, spaghetti.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 23rd, 2015, 10:59 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Amazon says it will release December 31st! http://smile.amazon.com/Gathering-Pl...5KS/ref=sr_1_2

(I can't recall if that means it will ship that day or arrive that day... I THINK it only ships that day which means we'd still get it January... but at the very beginning of January!)

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old October 23rd, 2015, 11:31 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
Amazon says it will release December 31st! http://smile.amazon.com/Gathering-Pl...5KS/ref=sr_1_2

(I can't recall if that means it will ship that day or arrive that day... I THINK it only ships that day which means we'd still get it January... but at the very beginning of January!)
If you pre-order it from Amazon, it'll probably be on your front door a few days before....
Old November 2nd, 2015, 06:11 PM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

Based on the images I've seen so far, I'm unhappy with the expasion. It brings only 15 new spell cards (3 for each color I believe). In this case, the 2 black pw can't be played together, as it's gonna lack of cards and army cards.
The worse with Kiora: if someone picks up her, Jace AND Nissa can become unavaliable to play. I hoped that for Kiora and Ob would be at least a deck for each, plus some cards for another colors as well.
And please, more terrain pieces! And not that walmart exclusive bonus that nobody can get outside US.
Old November 13th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

$12.99 on CoolStuffInc
Old November 13th, 2015, 03:12 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
$12.99 on CoolStuffInc
Amazon doesn't have the price listed either anymore. Major MSRP price cut coming?
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:59 PM

wwhsd is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Berserker Rage
Red Enchantment - Aura
Cost: 30
Enchant Unique Squad
Berserker Rage can only be played on a squad with one creature remaining. Enchanted squad gets +2 Power, +2 Toughness and +2 Move.

The Firewing Pheonix is going to be nuts with that enchantment on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News