Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Holiday Hijinx HeroScape Tournament

My brother-in-law and I decided to have a tournament with our kids over the holidays. I had an idea for a tournament that I had wanted to try for a while, so this seemed like a great chance to try it out. If it works well, Captain Canuck and I may host a larger one in the future.

Anyway our premise is that each player brings a 510 (a nephew wanted the extra ten points, both of us adults are sticking to 500) point army that includes at least one d20 insta-kill hero.

Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior
Braxas
Cyprien Esenwein
Deadeye Dan
Deathwalker 7000
Grimnak
Kee-Mo-Shi
Morsbane
Ne-Gok-Sa
Red Skull
Runa
Sudema

Marvel figures costing less than 225 (Jotun) are allowed as part of the builds. I am hoping that with the d20 figs being used there will be some shake-ups in the play and not just the basic trudging of 4th Mass vs. Q9 stuff.

There will be 6 of us playing: myself, the brother-in-law, my older son, 2 nephews and my son's friend. We will each play three games as qualifiers, then the four finalists will play a four man free-for all.

Qualifier Maps

Knophree Pass by TOG

Aquilla's Valley by Rednax

Derelict by Jexik

Ice Blossom by STAROCEAN980

Free-for-All Final Map

the Quad by Dignan (although modified for larger start zones)

Anyway, I'm hoping that all goes well. If anyone sees a problem with my plans, I would appreciate criticism. I want the day to go smoothly and have all the bugs worked out ahead of time.

I will try to post armies as they come in, and results after the tournament.

Last edited by legoboy; December 28th, 2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: had to make some changes/ substituted Ice Blossom and Aquilla's Valley for Frozen Crossing 2.0 and Ticalla Sunrise
Old December 17th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Holiday Hijinx HeroScape Tournament

Looks like fun Legobly, nice to have certain restrictions to keep it from being the usual tournament armies. I look forward to see how it turns out.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

I figure that none of my other players will be checking on here, so its safe to post the three armies that have "registered" for our little family tourney. Armies should be 510 points, but I am spotting the boys a dime, and both adults are sticking with more a traditional 500.

My Army
Kaemon Awa
Ne-Gok-Sa *
Guilty McCreech
Stingers x3
Deathreavers x2

Brother-in-Law's Army
Atlaga*
Raelin (RotV)
Minions x3

Son's Army
Red Skull*
James Murphy
"Shotgun" Sullivan
Guilty McCreech
Isamu
Knights of Weston x2

*d20 Insta-Kill Figure- necessary for our tourney

Hopefully the other armies will start coming in, and I can post those as well.
Old December 25th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Christmas at the in-laws' house gives me a chance to talk to the nephew's and get their army plan. Here are the three armies that I had posted before and the two new ones.

Legoboy's Army
Kaemon Awa
Ne-Gok-Sa *
Guilty McCreech
Stingers x3
Deathreavers x2

Legoboy's Boy's Army
Red Skull*
James Murphy
"Shotgun" Sullivan
Guilty McCreech
Isamu
Knights of Weston x2

Brother-in-Law's Army
Atlaga*
Raelin (RotV)
Minions x3

Nephew #1's Army
Sonlen
Grimnak*
Chardris
Emirroon
Arkmer
Isamu

Nephew #2's Army
Cyprien Esenwein*
Krug
Ornak
Heavy Gruts x2

I'm waiting on my son's friend to let me know his army, then we will be set.
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:39 PM

I'm adding the sixth and final army.

Legoboy's Army
Kaemon Awa
Ne-Gok-Sa *
Guilty McCreech
Stingers x3
Deathreavers x2

Legoboy's Boy's Army
Red Skull*
James Murphy
"Shotgun" Sullivan
Guilty McCreech
Isamu
Knights of Weston x2

Brother-in-Law's Army
Atlaga*
Raelin (RotV)
Minions x3

Nephew #1's Army
Sonlen
Grimnak*
Chardris
Emirroon
Arkmer
Isamu

Nephew #2's Army
Cyprien Esenwein*
Krug
Ornak
Heavy Gruts x2

Friend's Army
Braxas *
Venom
Krav Maga Agents
Tarn Viking Warriors

My brother-in-law and I decided that any good tournament needed prizes. We decided to get some. The two players who do not play in the final round will get $5 dollar McDonald's gift cards. 4th place will get my Nerak figure (repaint), 3rd will get my Sir Hawthorne Fig (repaint) and 2nd will get a set of Elite Onyx Vipers (new). The tourney winner will get a tackle box to keep some of their figs in.

* I want to thank Mrs. Legoboy for getting me the Champions of Renown set for Christmas. Without that I would be sorely pressed to give up my repaints and EOVs.
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:11 PM

We held our little tournament on Monday after Christmas and the kids (and adults) had a great time. I don't know that anyone has been keeping track, but I thought I would post the results if anyone had been. These aren't really detailed, so I thought I could get away with doing it here instead of the Battle Reports area.

Round 1
Red Skull and Cowboys Army vs. Braxas and Venom Army on Ice Blossom
The Cowboys chewed pretty quickly through Braxas. Venom wasn't much help. Red Skull really gave this army serious OM flexibility. Winner- Red Skull
Atlaga Army vs. Grimnak and the Elves on Knophree Pass
Chompy and the elves whittled the Kyrie down to 5 Minions, but weren't able to finish off the job. Minions boosted with movement and defense ruled the board. Winner- Atlaga
Cyprien/ Krug and Orcs vs. Ne-Gok-Sa/ Kaemon Awa and Stingers on Aquilla's Valley
Krug got bogged down by Rats and picked apart by Stingers, Cyprien did a bit of damage, but nothing major. NGS and Kaemon Awa stayed in start zone. That army strength was Stingers. Winner- Ne-Gok-Sa

Round 2
Cyprien/Krug/Orcs vs. Red Skull/Cowboys on Knophree Pass
Krug charged down the road followed by Ornak and the heavies, Cyprien flitted across the heights to keep the Cowboys from raining death from above. Winner- Cyprien
Grimnak/Elves vs. Braxas/Venom on Derelict
Chompy demolished the opposition while Braxas couldn't find the luck on the d20. Winner- Grimnak
Atlaga/Raelin/Minions vs. NGS/Stingers on Ice Blossom
Rats held Minions at bay while Stingers took care of Raelin. Minions came on strong after that. Game went down to final 2 figures: a Minion vs. Kaemon Awa. Minion rolled 2 skulls on attack (doubled the 1) Kaemon Awa rolled 3 shields for the counter-strike and victory. Winner- Ne-Gok-Sa

Round 3
Braxas/Venom vs. Cyprien/Krug/Ocrs on Aquilla's Valley
Braxas went down very quickly. Venom and Co. focused their attack on Krug, giving him 6 wounds before losing the game. Winner- Cyprien (without losing a single figure)
NGS/Stingers vs. Grimnak/Elves on Ice Blossom
NGS mind shackled Arkmer, Grimnak couldn't reach Stingers on center height before being chewed apart, Sonlen provided the backbone of this army and Kaemon Awa showed why Samurai are so awesome. Winner- Ne-Gok-Sa
Atlaga/Minions vs. Red Skull/Cowboys on Derelict
One lone Knight on the Red Skull team was left to face down three minions and pulled off the victory. Winner- Red Skull

Swiss Standings after three rounds
1. Legoboy (NeGokSa/Stingers) 3-0
2. Nephew #2 (Cyprien/Krug/Orcs) 2-1
3. Legoboy's Boy (Red Skull/Cowboys/Knights) 2-1
4. Brother-in-Law (Atlaga/Raelin/Minions) 1-2
5. Nephew #1 (Grimnak/Elves) 1-2
6. Boy's Friend (Braxas/Venom) 0-3

Finals- 4 way Free-For-All on the Quad
Red Skull/Cowboys/Knights vs. Cyprien/Krug/Orcs vs. Atlaga/Raelin/Minions vs. NGS/Stingers
Red Skull dusted an unmarred Krug and Atlaga withered Ne-Gok-Sa. The Stingers came out hard, taking down more than half the minions, a pair of Knights and Raelin. Cowboys spent a lot of time working on Cyprien. Orcs went to town on other half of Minions. The Brother-in-Law was the first out, then the boys turned their focus on demolishing me before resuming their assault on one another.
Winner- Cyprien/Krug/Orcs (Nephew #2)
2nd place- Red Skull/Cowboys/Knights (Legoboy's Boy)
3rd place- NeGokSa/Stingers (Legoboy)
4th place- Atlaga/Raelin/Minions (Brother-in-Law)

Everyone had a good time, the d20 powers made for some interesting turns and we entertained a group of kids for 6 hours on chips, pop, sandwiches and $40 worth of prizes. Not a bad deal.
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a great time Legoboy. Sometimes those D20's create all kinds of fun (for some) and misery for others. In recent games I've seen Silver Surfer get Mind Exchanged by Doom and have him put a whooping on his own teammate. Then have Ke-Mo-Shi Mindshackle Crixus. Not d20 related but d20-like, having Recchets summoned on first try and have them Leathal Sting 3 Unique Heroes on 5 or 6 attempts. Crazy.

Once again, I'm glad you all had fun.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 26th, 2010, 03:29 AM

Cool

Holiday Hijinx 2010 is on!!!

With the kids getting older and therefore more involved with sports and friends, we were hard pressed to find a date that my brother-in-law, myself and four of our five boys would be able to play. We invited Captain Canuck to come along and play to give us seven players this year.

This time around, we will be playing with 550 point armies that must include at least one huge figure. With D&D Scape this size really has grown to allow for a number of interesting if not overly competitive builds.

I have scoured the BOV maps as well as the GenCon map contest to come up with a number of maps that should provide a chance for a number of interesting games as well as different strategies. We will be using random glyphs on all six maps.

1. Flash Fire by Dignan. This BoV map uses 1 RotV and 2 RttFF sets to provide lots of road for quick strikes and cover for the melee troops.

2. Spring Thaw v2 by Retlaw. Retlaw's entry into the 2009 GenCon Map contest uses one RotV and one TT. The partially frozen stream straight down the middle of this map could be an interesting obstacle to contend with.

3. Watch Towers by nyys. This is another finalist in the '09 GenCon contest. This map uses one RotV and one FotA to create terrific sniping points.

4. Invasion by Longheroscaper. This is another BOV map, this one using one SotM, one FotA and one TJ. The battlements and road are remniscient of Embattled Fen, but this one includes palm trees.

5. Quasatch Playground by mad_wookie. Our third BOV map in the tournament uses one RotV and two TJ sets. I think that the trees add so much more than just asthetic quality, and this beauty has six trees plus the jungle underbrush.

6. Dragon's Gulch by Bigga Bullfrog is currently being reviewed by the BOV board. This map caught my attention because it uses 2 BftU and a VW, a combination I hadn't considered before.

Players and their Armies (added as they come to me)

Legoboy
Spoiler Alert!

Legoboy's Boy (11 years old)
Spoiler Alert!

Captain Canuck
Spoiler Alert!

Brother-In-Law
Spoiler Alert!

Nephew #1 (14 years old)
Spoiler Alert!

Nephew #2 (11 years old)
Spoiler Alert!

Nephew #3 (10 years old)
Spoiler Alert!

I'm looking forward to playing. I'll post results when finished.

Last edited by legoboy; December 29th, 2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old December 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Captain Canuck will not be playing in the tournament as he has family obligations.

I'm changing the format to a round-robin with each player playing each other player exactly once. There will be one two player final if necessary.
Old December 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Boards are built. All armies are submitted. Game on!!!
Old December 29th, 2010, 03:34 AM

Post Re: Holiday Hijinx HeroScape Tournament

I'm not sure just how many people are interested in reading up on our family tournament, but I wanted to post the results for our own reference anyway.

We playes a round-robin style tournament where each player played against every other player exactly one time. If it became necessary we would have had a one game playoff to determine first place if two players finished 4-1 or if three players finished 3-2.

Players and Armies:

Legoboy: Zelrig, Kaemon Awa, Crixus, 10th Reg x2 (referred to as Einar Army)

Legoboy's Boy (11 years old): Werewolf Lord, Agent Skahen, Mika Connour, Marcu Esenwein, Wolves of Badru x2 (referred to as Wolves and Tricksters Army)

Brother-In-Law: Charos, Sonlen, Greenscale Warriors x3 (referred to as Dragon King Army)

Nephew #1 (14 years old): Nilfheim, Sonlen, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents (referred to as Nilfheim Army)

Nephew #2 (11 years old): DW9K, Grimnak, Ornak, Nerak, Heavy Gruts, Zettian Guards (referred to as Orc and Soulborg Army)

Nephew #3 (10 years old): Jotun, Venoc Warlord, Isamu, Armoc Vipers x3 (referred to as Giant and Viper Army)

Maps:
Dragon's Gulch (two random treasure glyphs)
Flashfire (two random power glyphs, one random treasure glyph)
Invasion (two random power glyphs)
Quasatch Playground (two random power glyphs)
Spring Thaw (two random power glyphs)
Watchtowers (two random power glyphs)

Round One
Einar Army vs Orc and Soulborg Army on Quasatch Playground- winner Einar Army
Wolves and Tricksters Army vs Giant and Viper Army on Flashfire- winner Wolves and Tricksters
Dragon King Army vs Nilfheim Army on Watchtowers- winner Nilfheim Army

Round Two
Einar Army vs Wolves and Tricksters Army on Spring Thaw- winner Einar Army
Orc and Soulborg Army vs Nilfheim Army on Flash Fire- winner Orc and Soulborg Army
Giant and Viper Army vs Dragon King Army on Invasion- winner Giant and Viper Army

Round Three
Einar Army vs Nilfheim Army on Invasion- winner Einar Army
Wolves and Tricksters Army vs Dragon King Army on Quasatch Playground- winner Dragon King Army
Giant and Viper Army vs Orc and Soulborg Army on Dragon's Gulch- winner Orc and Soulborg Army

Round Four
Einar Army vs Giant and Viper Army on Watchtowers- winner Einar Army
Wolves and Tricksters Army vs Nilfheim Army on Dragon's Gulch- winner Nilfheim Army
Orc and Soulborg Army vs Dragon King Army on Spring Thaw- winner Dragon King Army

Round Five
Einar Army vs Dragon King Army on Flash Fire- winner Einar Army
Wolves and Tricksters Army vs Orc and Soulborg Army on Watchtowers- winner Wolves and Tricksters Army
Giant and Viper Armyvs Nilfheim Army on Quasatch Playground- winner Nilfheim Army

Final Standings:
1st-Legoboy's Einar Army 5-0
2nd-Nephew #1's Nilfheim Army 3-2
T-3rd-Brother-in-Law's Dragon King Army 2-3
T-3rd-Nephew#2's Orc and Soulborg Army 2-3
T-3rd-Legoboy's Boy's Wolves and Tricksters Army 2-3
6th-Nephew #3's Giant and Viper Army 1-4

All participants had a great time. Once again, the adults marveled at how with the game, a few pizzas and a couplebottles of pop we were able to entertain four growing, active boys for almost six hours. We can't wait to do it again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events