Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 19th, 2008, 12:36 AM

sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby!
sportcult's custom units - updated more Utgar uniques

Latest cards:

Aquilla's army of one: Kanunga (page 3)

Einar's war beast, Manchuradon (page 2)

Last edited by sportcult; December 10th, 2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: update
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:09 AM

sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby!
Re: sportcult's custom units

Here's my first one:

A furry little pet for the Vikings...

Card: (under construction)

In battle:

Still trying to decide how I want to do the base (if any). It most likely will be a four space unit with an individual base for each foot...
Old September 19th, 2008, 07:27 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice figure and good concepts. Very much like Jotun, except one more life, one fewer attack, and Trample Stomp/Berserker enhancement instead of Swing. Their special attacks are basically identical. My gut reaction is that he's a bit too powerful. In the right circumstance, he can trample one guy and then roll 20 attack dice, all of which bypass any opponent's special defense against ordinary attacks. Given that he has nine lives, he's almost an army unto himself.
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:26 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Here's my thinking. He's 280 points (5 squads of Vikings) so he's meant to be monstrous. I like to play with themed armies and the Vikings were severely lacking in power. I'm not sure what you mean by 20 attack dice, he rolls 4 for the tusk attack and defenders get to roll defense. I think that "the right circumstances" that you mention may be less common since he's a 4 space figure. Terrain will greatly reduce his ability to use trample. But yeah, if you've got an army of peons standing in front of a charging giant mammoth in a wide open field then, well...
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:38 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

It's a good concept. I actually think your point value for him is accurate.

So where'd you get the figure?

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:44 PM

The mammoth came from the toy store. Can't remember the brand, but they make the nice dinosaur replicas that you see at museum and zoo gift shops. The rider is a modified Tarn warrior (head turned, shield removed and repainted) armed with the tip of Grimnak's halberd and a battle horn from a GW Tomb Kings skeleton regiment...saddle and bridle bits were shaved off Grimnak and a little toy horse.
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:24 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcult View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by 20 attack dice, he rolls 4 for the tusk attack and defenders get to roll defense. I think that "the right circumstances" that you mention may be less common since he's a 4 space figure. Terrain will greatly reduce his ability to use trample. But yeah, if you've got an army of peons standing in front of a charging giant mammoth in a wide open field then, well...
Yeah, I was envisioning a two-space figure trampling someone, then figuring what would be the maximum number of adjacent figures x4 dice per attack. Of course, it's highly improbably that so many opponents would be clustered together in such a formation that he could take on that many at one time.
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:48 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Holy Moly! That's a common hero?! I think he should be a unique hero myself...

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:28 AM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

I have to agree with Claws of Death. Although it would be pretty cool and menacing to watch a giant army of Vikings riding Mammoths. Cool figure, keep up the good work.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:53 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

At 280 points you could only have 1 in a "normal" tournament army anyways so it is fine that he is common...you could use 2 or 3 in bigger games.
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:35 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
At 280 points you could only have 1 in a "normal" tournament army anyways so it is fine that he is common...you could use 2 or 3 in bigger games.
That is a pretty strong common hero, though...

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:46 PM

My reasoning with a figure starts with, hmmm, what does this thing look like it could do...then what would be really cool looking on a battle field and what new dimensions could it add to a game. Well, this thing looks like it could trample over an army of infantry, casting poor souls side with its massive tusks. And how cool would an epic battle with a swarm of vikings charging amongst a phalanx of war mammoths be? Like I said, there's only a few cheap viking figures anyway, so 2 or 3 war mammoths at the core of their formation would still only be a little over 1000 points. I think there's plenty of peope playing with multiple master sets and expansions, fielding armies with thousands of points...I think it will be cool to asemble pieces and terrain for "epic" scale Heroscape.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards