Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 7th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Star-Lord (Design Phase)

This is the closest I found:

Quote:
Hey, Thanos! Hey, Thanos, baby! Over here, big fellah! Yoooohooo! Look what I got! Eh? Pretty, huh? Yeah, that's right. Come on. You know you want it. Cosmic Cube. Unbelievably powerful. Grants wishes. Twists realities. You had one yourself once, right? You may be feral, mindless -- but you can still feel the heat of it, can't you? Familiar. Kang gave me this. Kang the flarking conqueror. He handed it to me at the other end of time so I could beat Magus with it. It was broken, pretty much spent. It had just enough juice in it for one last zap. I zapped Adam with it. Though I'd used it up. I figured it was just a hunk of junk crystal. But it turns out Magus tricked me. Our whole fight with him was one big illusion. I only thought I used this thing. So it's still got power enough for that one last shot. Bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 7th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
This is the closest I found:

Quote:
Hey, Thanos! Hey, Thanos, baby! Over here, big fellah! Yoooohooo! Look what I got! Eh? Pretty, huh? Yeah, that's right. Come on. You know you want it. Cosmic Cube. Unbelievably powerful. Grants wishes. Twists realities. You had one yourself once, right? You may be feral, mindless -- but you can still feel the heat of it, can't you? Familiar. Kang gave me this. Kang the flarking conqueror. He handed it to me at the other end of time so I could beat Magus with it. It was broken, pretty much spent. It had just enough juice in it for one last zap. I zapped Adam with it. Though I'd used it up. I figured it was just a hunk of junk crystal. But it turns out Magus tricked me. Our whole fight with him was one big illusion. I only thought I used this thing. So it's still got power enough for that one last shot. Bang.
That sounds more like he's drawing attention to himself, rather than distracting the opponent to avoid the attack.

I could go either way with "Hey, Look Over There!". It's a fun power, but I do like how unique it is for Trickster. Does the theme fit for Star-Lord?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old June 7th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

One thing that warms me to the reuse, is that Trickster and Star-Lord are in very thematically separate areas (different universes, one's cosmic and one's street level, one's a hero and one's a villain, etc.). So I think they'd still both feel pretty unique in most settings for more "thematic" players.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2014, 07:14 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

From the little exposure I have had of him he seemed more of a "I'll keep him talking while you flank him" type of character. Kind of putting himself in as the distraction than using something/someone else as the distraction . But that's from very limited exposure to him.
Old June 7th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

It's definitely something some of the Guardians would do - Rocket puts himself there pretty often - but not necessarily others. It doesn't feel particularly thematic to me as I think of it.
Old June 14th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Alright, I'll make an executive decision and keep Lucky Defense here - he's more likely to be a distraction than make one of someone else, and I feel that's represented well by his special attack.

I'll send this out to ERB soonish.
Old June 15th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

First ERB in from Margloth. Good point about Distracting Fire, I'll update that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Looks good. RTT is a cool power, but is actually a crappier version of Tactician when you think about it, so I wouldn't be surprised to see his points come down (especially since he'll fall pretty fast once engaged). Might want to specify that DFSA only works against enemy figures, unless you want the wonkiness of him shooting at his own men to advance them (he'd probably be a more effective leader if he could, but the theme is weird.
EDIT: And three more!

dok:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Looks good - from a balance/gameplay perspective, I really like what you did here. Ragtag Tactician is basically Tactician in most armies, but that's OK. Distracting Fire is very handy but the attack is weak so it all works out.
david:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Star-Lord

Guardians of the Galaxy, eh? We need some Guardians of the Arby's parking lot!

Ok, your idea sounds better.

Ragtag Tactician
If you need all figures to have different species and classes, then you might need to say "and every other friendly" instead of "and any other friendly".

Distracting Fire Special Attack
Ah, so clear sight isn't required to trigger the movement. I like the fact that only the defending figure can't make leaving engagement strikes.

Lucky Defense
What some people call luck I call unintended strategy.

Final Thoughts
Love the Distracting Fire Special Attack.
Porkins:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
Star-Lord, man??? C'mon! The legendary outlaw?!?

Looks interesting. The mechanics of trying to keep the Guardians together for the Tactician bonus and being able to move a bunch of them with Covering Fire should be fun to play.

Last edited by johnny139; June 16th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old June 21st, 2014, 11:51 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 24th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Star-Lord

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
MAYBE (Distracting Fire is fun, but he just goes down so fast...)

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? NO!
- What should be the unit's point value? <150 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Barely dealt wounds, nevermind winning matches. He's a support piece for sure, but he absolutely couldn't take a hit - he definitely needs more staying power.
Spoiler Alert!

CHANGE NOTE: I'm upping his Defense and Life by 1 here, just to see how that goes. 3 Defense in melee is pretty wimpy for the galaxy-trotting Star-Lord anyhow.

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? <150 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Again, pretty worthless... but we'll see how he performs in an army.
Map: Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh
Units: Star-Lord (200 Points) vs. Amazon Warriors x2 (200 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? MAYBE?
- What should be the unit's point value? ??? POINTS
- Give a brief overview. A pretty close game, but mostly due to Punisher being CRAZY good than anything Star-Lord did. Though I imagine Tactician would have made Punisher pretty darn good against those Titans...
Units: Star-Lord, Punisher, Jean Grey, Beast Boy [Pterodactyl] (600 Points) vs. Nightwing, Starfire, Raven (600 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. Star-Lord is able to take out War Machine, essentially on his own, but his team ends up needing to advance against an entrenched enemy on height... and that makes life difficult. Really inconclusive.
Units: Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Venom (800 Points) vs. Captain America: Steve Rogers, Spider-Man, War Machine, Echo (800 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? MAYBE?
- Give a brief overview. Star-Lord helped Ms. Marvel get one good attack on Mar-Vell near the start of the game - but his boost made him a big target, and he went down pretty darn fast after that.
Units: Star-Lord, Ms. Marvel, Silver Surfer: Norrin Radd, Wasp [I] (1000 Points) vs. Captain Marvel: Mar-Vell, Ronan, Kree Scout x6 (1000 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

FINAL THOUGHTS: I have no idea what to make of Star-Lord because, well... he dies. Really fast. Almost immediately, most of the time. Some of that is bad luck for sure, and going up against bigger and better enemies, but he's going to be a target in pretty much any army. I'm definitely boosting his Life and Defense, but even with that he's not really impressive.

Any thoughts here? The only way I can think to improve him is alter Lucky Defense some way... maybe make it two auto-shields or something? Or was I just not playing him to his full potential?
Old June 24th, 2014, 11:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, looking at the write up in the SP, I'd put him at 100-120 right now. You have him waaaay overcosted for his stats and powers. The question is whether you want his cost going down or you want his value going up. Even at 5 Life and 4 Defense, I can't see really over 150 right now.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 24th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Yeah, I vastly overestimated the value of Tactician powers, I think.

I really think he should be in the 200 range. He's essentially a "space Captain America" as far as leadership characters go, so he shouldn't be more than 50 points below him at 220/240. I'd say 189-190 minimum.
Old June 24th, 2014, 11:49 PM

Then up his life and defense by one each, up his special attack to 3, and remove the "non-adjacent" clause from Lucky Defense. That should get you there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library