Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 19th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
OVAH Cup Championship - SciFi City, Cincinnati OH

The final tournament of the OVAH Cup and game day for all!

When: May 9th. Sign in/set up at 11 first round starts at 12

Where: Sci Fi City in the mall. (website)

Who: The top 16 finishers in the OVAH season will be competing in the Single Elimination tournament to crown the OVAH Champion.

The TRUE top 16 are:

Adam Smith
MantrainChooChoo
Utgarsrage
Mike Kesler
Marduk
Father of Julian
Mattsertruckralley
outforblood
wdgrant
KCU
Aldin
Greenless
Mechafrog
Jacop JP
Killercactus
dragonmaster384

The next 6 in line:
stealthsuitstanley
superflytnt
tony arnold
phantasm
dragonmaster dad
mecha kid 2

NOTE: I will have the full list with me on site. If, for some reason, one of the top 16 cannot make it and there is no one else listed in the top 6 there, I will go through the list and find an alternate that is on location.

Here is the bracket for the Championship:

There will be plenty of boards set up for epic battles for those who are knocked out and those who didn't qualify. Come play that scaper you've always seen but never played. We have the almost the whole room to ourselves all day, come have a blast.

I am also going to try to a few other events organized for fun and prizes.

This will be a great day to just hang out and have a great time.

Prizes: SuperflyTnT will be providing a Trophy for the Champion and we ask that everybody bring a prize.

I have also received confirmation that we will be receiving prize support from

cmgames has contributed 3 $20 gift certificates.
War Gamers Headquarters has contributed 2 $25 gift certificates AND 25 $3 coupons
HouseMouseGames has contributed a $25 gift certificate

So far, that is a total of $210 in Prize Support!

Army: For the championship, army totals will be 500 points, 24 starting hexes, and no Marvel.

For the secondary tournament, we will be having a Dragon Wars variant. 500 points, 24 hexes, no Marvel, and all armies must have a Dragon included. You can win by destroying or taking control of (via mindshakle, etc) of your opponents most expensive dragon.
Everybody else, bring what you want and have fun.

Bring your own dice, wound markers and order markers.

Glyphs: There will be no glyphs...period.

Maps: Here are the 8 Championship maps. NOTE: The maps Marduk will be bringing are not listed here.

As stated these maps are chosen because they are a variety of maps and have not been seen in many tournaments. If you have a valid reason to discard one of these maps let me know and I'll look into it.

Frozen Valley

Secret Passage

Shortcuts

The Dunes

Hot Meal

Katsuno Land

Marpesia's Glory

*NOTE* The tops of the pillars are OFF LIMITS and will not be put there to avoid confusion.

Genesis Map

Ok then...who's coming?
KCU Master 2007*
SuperflyTnT*
Utgarsrage*
jschild +1
wdgrant*
Aldin* +1-2
Father of Julian* +2
Mantrain*
Mattsertruckrally*
Jacob JP*
Mike Kesler*
Krugsmith* (Adam Smith)
Tony Arnold*
Marduk*
Dragonmaster384* (maybe)

Last edited by KCU Master 2007; May 7th, 2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OVAH Cup Championship - SciFi City, Cincinnati OH

My son and I are coming - not for the tourny, but for the games in general.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I don't know what I had posted here....

Last edited by KCU Master 2007; May 7th, 2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

KCU, can you not use Moxilla's post here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=23599&page=12

It breaks down the standings and record, etc. for the Indy event. Sorry if you already know about this and something else is needed.

Put me down for a maybe. I should be able to go, but need to wait and confirm in the next week or so.
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:29 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Just throwing a post up here so I can keep up. With the Italy trip/ Georgia Tech move going down, things are a little tight, so it doesn't look good for me to attend. I will definitely keep looking in though.

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old April 19th, 2009, 08:08 PM

Sounds good KA. Hope it works out...and if not have a good time in Italy anyway.

Wdgrant, I used that as much as I could, but I am missing the scores for everybody else. Once I get those everything will be golden. I'll update the 1st post later tonight. We also have 3 of the maps chosen. I'll post those later.
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

The calculations for the NESA cup winner are being compiled by Onacara (as I type possibly). I think we need to find a way to match-up the NESA and OVAH cup winners to determine the true champion.

-insert signature here-
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:08 PM

Hmm...could be interesting indeed.

We'll have to work something out. Either me or Superfly will get in contact with him to work out details when we can.
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:18 AM

The first 7 maps are up. There is going to be one more announced map and our surprise map, but this is a good start.
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
The calculations for the NESA cup winner are being compiled by Onacara (as I type possibly). I think we need to find a way to match-up the NESA and OVAH cup winners to determine the true champion.
Next year we are going to a completely different scoring system (To be determined shortly) that doesn't have aggregate/averaged values. We're a bit different than NESA in the fact that we are more competitive and are looking for a "King Of The Ring" rather than "The Best of the Average".

So, I'd say that looking at our folks, when it's all said and done I'd put our Champion against your "Most Average" all day long and twice on Sunday!

Now one thing to mention - this tournament is a SINGLE ELIMINATION.

We will be seeding people based upon their OVAH score value ie. 1vs2, 3vs4, and so on until the second round, where we will be using scoring from the first round based on OVAH rules.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:16 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Oh it's on now...

-insert signature here-
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
We're a bit different than NESA in the fact that we are more competitive and are looking for a "Random Name Picked From A Hat" rather than "Consistently Awesome".
Fixed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events